This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Bright and sunny, but more importantly it's hot.
    Snoop, yes we had 28 degson Saturday and 25 yesterday.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning from a rainy West of Scotland. Happy belated birthday Nicos, was my friends birthday yesterday too. Talking about snow being on the ground on the day you were born. We got married at the end of April 42 years ago. It was a real white wedding…blizzard conditions!!
      Domestics today, not a lot else. I’ve got a bit of a strange chesty cold. No headache, fever or stuffy nose just a chesty cough. Never had that before.
      Well, hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to. Catch you later. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunshine on a rainy day here and very windy. Nice to hear you're doing well Lottie. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all… just popping in to offer you all a piece of the birthday cake my friend bought for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C60B0D38-2F3D-4FC5-AF96-FD8E7AEADAE0.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	2559373

Theres only half left but do help yourselves… it was huuuge- that is a large dinner plate it’s sitting on!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20230313_101244.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	705.6 KB
ID:	2559375

My first attempt at raspberry buns, or to be more exact blackberry buns as I didn't have raspberry jam, but I've got plenty blackberry jelly. I'm just waiting for them to cool so that we can try them.😋😋😋

Comment

• Oh yum gf!

Comment

• I'm baking this week for my eldest GG so looking for ideas, thanks GF.
                my GG is so thoughtful, she's taking coffee and cakes on Mothering Sunday to the mums on the Neonatal Unit. She's told the staff and patients that as she has no mum to treat now, she wants to share the day with them
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• That is so sweet of your GG Flo, beautiful sentiment x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

Nice looking cake and buns, I suppose this is a good time to mention we’ve had jam sponge pudding and custard for lunch.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Gosh Flo…what a wonderful lass your GG is.
                      I’ve never heard of anyone doing that before - but how kind and thoughtful of her. She’s a credit to you and her mom Flo xx ( and her father of course ​​​​​​)

I hadn’t realised it’s Mothering Sunday this weekend. It’s a different day in France. ( in theory I get two) thanks for the heads up with that. No doubt my friend who is staying would celebrate it , so I’ll do something special for us both, and raise a glass to my mom who isn’t with us anymore.
                      I’ve only just realised it’s St Patrick’s Day on Friday, so I best make an Irish stew to celebrate!…it’s just one celebration after another !!! ( and yes, I’m part Irish)

Tea break over…the sun is shining …best go back out and crack on with the gardening and nattering out there…my two favourite hobbies

Comment

• What a lovely GG you have, Flo. That's really thoughtful. And I agree, a credit to her mum and dad and to you.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it's dry here, we got married 57 years ago come Sunday Jay and it was a lovely warm sunny day we had our honeymoon in Edinburgh and I don't remember it raining any time that week, but cold at night, there was not much to do in those days, we actually finished up going to bed early, nowadays there is so many things on in the evenings, how times change, having a quick lunch then out to the greenhouse as I want to make some shelving enjoy your day and keep smiling
                          Last edited by rary; 13-03-2023, 03:39 PM.
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Flo your GG really is thoughtful xx
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Congratulations, Rary. Sounds like you and your wife made the right choices in each other. xx

Comment

• ^^^^ OH certainly did Snoop and just incase she ever comes across this post, so did I
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X