Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning no frost here its damp and foggy, out of the two I'd prefer the frost.

Grory hop first then bread baking might as well make scones while the ovens on.

We were like that when our butchers closed Snoop the shop was sadly missed.

enjoy your day
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Quick nip in to say hi as I’m back off out again to the drs -again- this morning for second attempt at yesterday’s appt
      No sign of frost here either Bren. Pity, cos it looked lovely yesterday. Having said that , very few of our roads get salted so it’s a constant look out for black ice on days like that.

See ya later peeps
      Last edited by Nicos; 23-12-2021, 09:33 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.its dry and an improvement on yesterday's weather.
        Busy day with lots of last minute jobs.
        First off to the garden centre to get flowers and plants.
        Then visit two cemeteries to remember family members.
        Looking after grandson in the afternoon.
        Visiting my sister later on.
        A full day methinks.
        Have a good one and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• This morning has actually gone smoothly. I did the lateral flow tests and then went care home visiting which was a good visit. Just rang my brother in law to see if he likes prawns as I fancy a good old fashioned prawn cocktail on Christmas Day and Mr GF never, ever says no to prawns. Yes he does like prawns. Must remember to grab some lettuce and rocket from the allotment tomorrow in passing.

Comment

• Good afternoon a damp dull day today, went up to the chemist's this morning to collect a prescription for our granddaughter, she has covid so full family has to isolate, and the rain came on and was quite heavy, so got soaked, then back home to do some housework before making lunch, before going out to greenhouse to get some phlox planted, was going to put them in the garden but not sure whither they are hardy or not so they are now in a large plastic box in the greenhouse will see how the do next year and also get some cuttings as an insurance.
            Well things are going well with the mattress, I actually slept till 10 to 9, but OH thinks it's a bit high, but that can be sorted as I have a 2inch memory foam mat below it so will take that out which will lower it a bit, once I do that she should be quite happy with it and then I will be looking forward to the ceatica clearing up
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good call there Rary…sciatica is the pits. Even worse over this busy festive period.
              Well done for stepping up mate

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Bit warmer again today and the driers are gone so looking forward to work starting in the New Year. See you later, have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flo’n’all
                  Its getting there Flo. Pity it’s going to be the other side of New Year but it’s best that the jobs are done thoroughly.

Quiet day here for me. Quick change of bed linen then I’ll be chatting with family and friends and once OH has finished his last bit of work on the pc , we’ll be baking mince pies together and IKEA ginger biscuits.
                  I baked some biscuits yesterday for our guests and they went down incredibly well. I’ll definitely be buying more cookie dough from them in future! It’s been in the freezer since last year but still worked out well.

Anyone fancying a brew? I’ll pop that kettle on…..

Comment

• Oh the joy! I had a really good night's sleep and am raring to go. Doctor's surgery rang yesterday to say the results of Tuesday's blood tests were good. I'm off to see my sisters around lunchtime and then a quick trip to the allotment.
                    Great to hear things are going in the right direction Flo.

Comment

• Morning another foggy start to the day here, its cleared a bit since earlier.

A quite day here as well Nicos Christmas is sorted apart from digging up some parsnips.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        A wet start to our day.
                        All done now except a little bit of a tidy up.
                        Glad things are moving in the right direction for you Flo.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely lie-in this morning. Went to bed late, admittedly but didn't even wake up till 9.30 am. No alarm clock. Bliss. Sounds like you had a good night too, Rary. Hope things improve for your wife.

Did quite a bit of baking yesterday and will do some for us at last today. Picked up the duck. You really know what you're eating here: it came with head and, I have just discovered, it still has its webbed feet. The butcher's assistant removed the head after slapping it lovingly on the back and saying what a beauty it was. She knows her stuff, so I'm guessing we're in for a good lunch tomorrow. The dogs will doubtless enjoy the feet...

Not much on the cards for today apart from cooking and maybe some tidying to get the place shipshape for tomorrow. Mr Snoop says he'll put up some lights for us, which will be jolly.

Have a great day everyone and help yourself to a piece of Tarta de Santiago, repurposed for Christmas. Mr Snoop made the stencil and apologises for it looking more like a Klingon weapon than a Christmas tree, but the thought was there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tarta.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	538.9 KB
ID:	2538721

Attached Files

Comment

• Ha ha ha^^^^ had to laugh at the Klingon reference
                            Looks yummy.
                            Thank you x

I learned something rather strange this morning about Catalan Nativity scenes….the traditional caganer
                            What a weird thing that is

And yep - unless Snoop explains it, you’ll need togoooogle it yourselves…preferably whilst not scoffing a mince pie or anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              I learned something rather strange this morning about Catalan Nativity scenes….the traditional caganer
                              What a weird thing that is

And yep - unless Snoop explains it, you’ll need togoooogle it yourselves…preferably whilst not scoffing a mince pie or anything
                              And you'll want to use Google translate to understand the following song, one of the many versions of similar songs that children sing when they beat a hollowed log (or similar), called the Tío, to get it to release the sweets and other things inside it. I was quite shocked the first time I heard the Barcelona version, which went on for longer and contained the word 'caga' more often.

Caga Tió
                              avellanes i torró,
                              no caguis arengades
                              que són massa salades,
                              caga torrons
                              que són més bons!
                              Caga! caga! i caga!

Comment

• Afternoon,

I see what you mean about your Klingon cake Snoop

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X