X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning n’alln’all

Less misty today here.
    Yesterday I tried to order a special scalf for my OHs burpday - to arrive tomorrow. But guess what- I couldn’t get the order to go through.
    In the end I decided I was doing something wrong and had to ask OH to help….he was thrilled with the choice ,so that was good. Frustratingly he couldn’t get it to go through either so there must be a problem with the site
    Looks like I’ve spoilt his surprise and also when we do get the order through , it won’t arrive on his burpday

Ah we’ll. At least I chose well in theory. We had agreed no gifts this year because of the cost of the ‘extras’ for the camper…but it’s still nice to unwrap something isn’t it?
    Not going to get a chance to go out today so I’m a bit stumped. A day out in the camper is a threat though in itself
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enjoy your jab Snadge
      They seem to give the one off pneumonia and shingles jabs at different ages here compared to the UK…so I think maybe I should look into that and ask my GP - thanks for the reminder.

MH- sorry, I’ve no idea about potting on - maybe ask on the fruit section?
      Ta muchly for the tea - I wondered who had left it for me… and in my favourite mug too!

see ya later!

Comment

• Heavy, grey sky this morning. Not very promising at the moment.
        Nicos I'm just trying to think what sort of "threat" a day out in the camper could cause?
        Snadger, chicken thighs for the dog. He sounds wonderfully spoilt.
        Bren I picked a minuscule cucumber this week, the size of my ring finger and it still tasted nice.
        Aching arm for us both this morning but that was to be expected.

Comment

• Morning All,

Went into the garage and took a look at the wood store... and promptly turned around and walked out again. a job for another day i think!

Did my seed order last night, have got some exciting things on the way... just need to find somewhere to sow everything as i appear to have bought enough to keep a small farm going for several years!
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good morning all.
            A nice morning her with patchy sunshine.
            Lots of odd jobs to catchup on today so that should keep ne busy.
            I had my pneumonia jab about 10 years ago.
            Flu jab for me tomorrow.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Now there's a thing. We had pneumonia and flu jabs last year. I thought the pneumonia jab was an annual thing. Maybe not if you had one ten years ago, Bramble. No announcement yet as to our flu jabs. Hoping we might get a Covid booster jab at the same time. Then I might think about travelling to the UK. Not keen to fly at the moment.

It's a public holiday here today, but we're busy in this household. It's a lovely day, so I've been out, watering, weeding and massacring snails and caterpillars. My first caterpillar hunt in ages. The wasps have done a tremendous job, but the cold weather is slowing them down now.

I've been looking at seeds too, Peteyd, and still pondering on the plot enlargement for next year. Mr Snoop thinks I'm being over-ambitious and should start closer to the house. He's buttering me up with talk of a polycarbonate greenhouse structure against a stone wall. I could easily be persuaded... It seems ridiculous, but I really want to grow onions. The kind I like for cooking with that are nigh-on impossible to buy in this area and when I do find them, you're talking about 40 p an onion, and not a big one at that.

I picked a few quince this morning but I'm not sure they're entirely ripe. Sweet smelling, but not the full perfume I'd expect. They look pretty, though.

Right, that's more than enough blather. On with the show. There's a chimney to be cleaned. The smiles scarpered early when they heard that was on the cards for today. Not a nice thing for a smile, to be covered up by a mask or soot. Bet they'll be taking refuge with you all day today, just in case.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Especially Mr Nicos in readiness for tomorrow.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 12-10-2021, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Nicos I'm just trying to think what sort of "threat" a day out in the camper could cause?
                Treat !…treat!…blinking autocorrect!

Comment

• Had my pneumonia jab! It must be like the TB jab I had many years ago as I was told its a once only jab.

Got Kato chicen thighs and legs and treat myself to some frozen Tuna as its Tuna Tuesday.

I am still sticking with my One Meal A Day OMAD which I have been on for roughly 7 months now. I've been cheating a bit lately though with a bag of salted nuts before I go to bed!

Monday Chicken,Tuesday Tuna,Wednesday Beef steak,Thursday eggs,Friday fish,Saturday (my favourite!) a Full English and Sunday a dinner with a roast joint of meat (whatever I fancy)
                  Its not boring at all and each days meal uses the same basic ingredients each week just cooked differently with lots of new recipes I look up on google.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I love the idea of thinking up different recipes each week for a specific meat each day.
                    Its very easy to fall into having a regular repartee of say10 recipes which you do well….I love to experiment.

Comment

• I tend to buy similar things every week too: boneless chicken thighs, minced beef, steak, smoked bacon, some kind of stew meat in Winter, and of course frozen prawns. I visit the fishman every few weeks but we haven't had a lot of fish lately because the top of the freezer with the fish in is piled high with stuff that has to be moved to get into it and I am lazy. I must find a new home for the "stuff" as I have actually promised my husband "proper" fish in batter and chips this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                        Had my pneumonia jab! It must be like the TB jab I had many years ago as I was told its a once only jab.
                        That's brilliant news. I had rather a painful arm afterwards. Would be glad to avoid that again.

Good work on the diet, too. I suffer from a dreadful lack of willpower...

Comment

• I don't think its boring Snadger we do a weekly menu along with our shopping list it saves standing looking in the cupboard or fridge thinking what to have each day.

We always have Tagliatelle and bol Saturday evening MrPots used to cook it while I was at work and its sort of come a tradition. He does make a good bol and pasta both homemade without a jar in sight

Not been far today only to the gate to pick up the milk, sorted out compost bins this morning then going through paper work and shredding this afternoon.

Enjoy your evening.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We do something very similar to you Bren In Pots , we sit down on a Tuesday evening and plan for the next weeks shop which always comes on a Friday. We do have a staple of a simple pasta dish on a thursday as its our "Busy" evening as i go to Pottery class and MrsD practices with her band.
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• First things first: happy birthday, Mr Nicos.

Morning all.

Chilly out, but looks like we're in for another bright day. The solar batteries will like that. They're working hard now the days are much shorter. Going to be cloudy towards the end of the week, so that'll be difficult for them. But the nights are due to warm up, so that's a plus.

Today's jobs: bit of work, bit of billing, another afternoon visit to the hospital, this time ENT. Plus, time to look at the non-frost hardy leeks and decide what to do with them. If the nights do get warmer, I don't need to actually do anything with them just yet. The freezers are both pretty full... And I fancy putting a few packets of lamb and quince tagine away for winter too.

The smiles say it's too cold out at the moment and even the dogs have gone back to bed after their breakfast. The sun's properly up, though, so I'm sure they'll head off soon.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry day here so a mix of indoor and out today hopefully with a walk later.

enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X