This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Looks bright out but is chilly indoors.Thick socks and jumper on but still not willing to ditch my shorts yet. One downside of shorts is that whilst walking dog the nettles are protruding onto the wooded paths I take so I have to be vigilant and steer around or flatten them before moving forward.
    Grocery shop today for a few essentials and I need a new set of specs. I will no doubt have to make an appointment for an eye test and I found Azda at the Metrocentre gave good service last time I bought some.
    Can't wait for Friday to arrive so I can tax my camper. Didn't want to waste a months tax for a few days so have it on drive at the mo. Problem with that is it is on a steep incline and the side sliding door won't stay open to inspect/work on it. Once taxed I can put it on the street and play about with it to my hearts content!

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

My water butt is full too, but the frustrating thing is that there's not really anything that needs watering any more. The beans and courgettes have about finished, and the kale looks after itself. Only a few tubs will need an occasional water from now on.

Yes, Nicos, hand washing is hard work now. Fortunately I had put clothes in the machine, not the pile of sheets that also needed doing, and they had washed but not spun or rinsed, so I was able to hand rinse them and hang them out to dry. My hands don't wring things out as good as they used to when I was younger. I haven't needed to use a launderette for many years, thank goodness.

Be careful with the fibreglass - a mask, goggles and gloves job for sure. Hot work in warm weather.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Oh my gosh, Snadge, October already on Friday! Where did September go?
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very cloudy outside, looks like it's going to chuck it down in five minutes. The forecasts say bright sun and no rain. Right wrong, they are.

Had a good evening yesterday. The firewood for this winter has been ordered. And probably the next. But... one of the suppliers just has a huge mountain of assorted sizes, most of which won't fit our wood burner or range. Mr Snoop volunteered us to go and sort from the pile what we want and fill the trailer. It'll take three tonnes, apparently. Mr Snoop has no idea what he's let us in for. I'm the one that sorts the wood piles out after delivery so I know what's involved more or less, but I'm just lobbing from one place on the ground to another and then stacking. In this instance, we'll have to lob it up a metre and a half or so and into the trailer. Three tonnes is a large amount, bearing in mind that we'll probably have to handle two or three times that to get what we want. The supplier usually just takes his tractor scoop and fills the trailer with that. He obviously thought we were barmy to even think of doing it by hand. I tend to agree... The other supplier will charge a lot more but will cut it to the right size, no extra effort on our part.

Anyway, it's work this morning and then wood sorting this afternoon. Let's hope it rains this morning and not later on.

The smiles have rushed off. They don't want to get wet or roped in for hard labour. They'll be glad to see you and not us today.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• I awoke yesterday (upset stomach) feeling horrible and so not much got done until the afternoon and by then it was pouring down. I slept like a log last night though, woke at 6 this morning and then went back for another 2 hours. Feeling ready to take on the world now.

Comment

• Glad you are feeling better today gf. Not nice x

Have fun with the wood Snoop - mind your back!…3 tons is a lot. What length of logs?
              Its the bending and twisting which is exhausting isn’t it?

OH is just back from the tip- 2 trailer loads of rat / mouse infested fibreglass chucked out of the window! One more to go….but it’s closed now until Friday.
              Just showered / decontaminated myself and got the washing machine going…. Yuk.

Snadge - I’ve just spent a pleasant few minutes goooogling blue tartan mugs and Siberian husky mugs with blue backgrounds….there are a fair few out there! I’ve read everywhere that it’s better to have plastic/ melamine plates/ mugs etc to keep the breakages, rattling and weight down , but I couldn’t resist a couple of mugs with cartoon cats and dogs on . Probably because we’re new grandparents!
              They make me grin, which is what campervanning is about really isn’t it?

Time for a brew - please take the blackcurrant cake, I’m trying to cut back a bit
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Looks bright out but is chilly indoors.Thick socks and jumper on but still not willing to ditch my shorts yet. One downside of shorts is that whilst walking dog the nettles are protruding onto the wooded paths I take so I have to be vigilant and steer around or flatten them before moving forward.TTFN
                I'm still in shorts Snadger a sticks handy when you're walking to bash or hold down nettles, thinking about it wearing shorts isn't that different to a skirt.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I think my shorts have gone into hibernation for the Winter now. It was trousers for me this morning although I did stick with the sandals. I know it's really getting cold when I get the ski trousers out for allotment wear.

Comment

• I don’t blame you greenishfing for winter I’ve got a couple of pairs of lined walking trousers they’ve really comfy a bit like I’m wearing winceyette PJ’s.

Comment

• My little boy still isnt feeling too sharp, last night was horrible. ended up driving round the countryside at 11pm just to get him to calm down!

didnt get up to much today in the end, nice weather once you are out of the wind!
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Evening

I hope you have a better night with your little one Peteyd its difficult when they can't tell you how they feel.

Comment

• Horrible morning here, raining heavily and cold with it. The forecast is rain and more rain....all day. I need to go shopping for a couple of birthday presents however. I need to take one when I go care home visiting tomorrow.
                          Oh Nicos, mouse and rat droppings, eugh! I don't think I could do that job. I bet the smell is pretty horrid too.
                          I think maybe I need the central heating on this morning. I can't remember when we had it on last, months ago.

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope your son is feeling better, Peteyd, and that you all got a good night's sleep.

I did. I slept like a log. One of the tonnes we shifted yesterday. Due to be delivered in about half an hour or so. Feels like we're actually ready for winter when a few days back I was worried we wouldn't be. More wood to come later as well. Got a tinge of a back ache this morning, but not too bad.

Fairly busy day today. A bit of work and a bit of cooking. But if I'm disciplined on getting the work out the way, I might even get to have a nap.

The smiles are hanging around here. They want to see the tractor bringing the trailer-load of wood. They say they'll head off afterwards, so might be a bit later than usual in reaching you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

I'm still in shorts Snadger a sticks handy when you're walking to bash or hold down nettles, thinking about it wearing shorts isn't that different to a skirt.
                              I wouldn't know about that Bren, not having ever worn a skirt. Reminds me of when SIL and myself walked the Roman Wall. SIL had a kilt on, (no idea why?) we were going up a busy path on a windy day and his Sporran fell off! I now know what the sporran is for as the wind had his kilt flying upwards (a bit like Marylyn Monroe in that epic photograph!) He had to walk up the mountain with his hands crossed in front of him to keep his kilt down!
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• A bit parky this morning. Showing 16 degrees in the living room so I have relented and stuck the heating on for an hour (Just to make sure its working OK of course!)

Off to Aldi a bir later as they have some canny looking charcoal curtains for the french windows going cheaply. They also have aubretia and armeria which I fancy for the rockery!

TTFN

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X