Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask, is there an easy way of finding a thread in which you are the last person to post on and then want to add another comment to the same thread…if you see what I mean?
    Also is there any way to have the Vine Competition categories pinned at the top of the threads? They disappear very quickly from the list otherwise so go out of your head. Could be why there are not a
    lot of entries in the categories.
    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon guys.

Went off to book hospital appointments and for grory hop this morning. Feels like there have been a few big shops recently, what with all the hospital visits (sorry to hear about yours, GF, not nice).

House now chock-a-block with food, it feels like.

Also bought some plug plants - a dozen vorbote cabbages for Feb/March time, a heap of lettuce because I've been badly organised, and some 'bimi' cabbage, which turns out to be broccolini now I've looked them up. Not frost hardy by the look of it, so may come to nothing, but for 15 cents a plant, I shan't complain.

Big job to get through this afternoon so better step on it.

Hope the smiles set off of their own accord this morning. They were having a bit of a lie-in when we left.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        Can I ask, is there an easy way of finding a thread in which you are the last person to post on and then want to add another comment to the same thread…if you see what I mean?
        Also is there any way to have the Vine Competition categories pinned at the top of the threads? They disappear very quickly from the list otherwise so go out of your head. Could be why there are not a
        lot of entries in the categories.

Go to your name ( top right of the page and click ‘on recent posts’……or just click on your name anywhere and your general profile will come up and you will see your previous posts)

The VVS…..all the competition threads are stickied in the Showcase forum - I can put the main one up as an announcement if you think that would be a good prompt?

( Always open to suggestions!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Actually, it doesn’t look like we can make general announcements any more

Comment

• Thanks Nicos…works a treat!
            Excuse my ignorance but where would I find the Showcase Forum?
            sigpic

Comment

• Ignore that last question Nicos, I’ve worked it out. Thanks again!
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Lovely day yesterday, don't think today is forecast to be quite so bright but 19 degs for this far through September isn't too bad at all.

Kettle's on - help yourselves to a brew
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning folks

Up relatively early today and it seems to be OK out so what better time is there to go FISHING! Wish me luck!

TTFN
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Clear sky!…looks like we may have got the sunshine back again

Just waiting for a fuel delivery for the central heating - no idea what the cost is per litre but I’m bracing myself for a price hike
                    More wood being delivered tomorrow too.

Ta muchly for the brew Bones - perfect timing!

I forgot to mention that our local supermarket is now selling real fresh crumpets!…I bought 3 packets the other day and put them in the
                    freezer. Yummy yum!

Have a great day fishing Snadge - fingers crossed you catch something for supper tonight!

More sorting of the bedroom this morning - I got through a few boxes of stuff yesterday.
                    If it stays like this then I’ll mostly be spotted pottering around in the garden later on.

Have a great day peeps!

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	2B6621B2-951C-414B-BF51-936B8516ABB1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.09 MB ID:	2533465

I thought it was Autumn Equinox this morning but it turns out it’s 9.20 pm tomorrow!
                      Ah well…it’s near enough!
                      Last edited by Nicos; 21-09-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy at the moment. We've gone from no rain forecast for the next two weeks to around 80 mm all of a sudden over the next three days. And there was me thinking it's a good time to get old and unproductive almond trees cleared to put some fruit trees in this winter. No point even thinking about that now, as I'd need some heavy machinery to help uprooting the trees. So that's put the kibosh on that plan. Have to be next year now. Just after Mr Snoop and I have concluded our negotiations (arguments) over how much of this particular patch of land needs to be given over to vehicular access and parking (none in my view, lots in his). Anyway, at least we won't have to argue over that next year so long as we both have the same recollection of what was agreed...

Bit of work to do and maybe go out and water a few plants, as I didn't do any watering yesterday and some are looking a bit wilted. Might give up on the pepper plants, though. They've been pulled sideways by the dogs, so are partly uprooted.

Right, that's enough complaining. The smiles are bouncing up and down for attention. Better get out there and point them in the right direction (the land of frozen crumpets, for starters) andthen get down to some work.

Have a good one, everyone. Good luck fishing, Snadger.

Comment

• Morning All,

A lovely start to the day here. felt like i was the only one in the world on my drive in which is always nice.

Have fun Fishing Snadger, i always liked going when i could keep my catch.. (if i ever caught that is!)
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Forecast for a dry day here with temperature around 20°C this afternoon. In fact the forecast is similar for the entire week. I really ought to go shopping this morning. I think I'll go as soon as all the school traffic dies down. And then hopefully some more harvesting at the allotment.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a good day here I did intend to make jam but its to nice to be indoors so I'll save that for later.

Enjoy your day.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning dull so far and 15 degrees. Laundry out, not sure there is much drying in the air though.
                                Domestics for me today…see how exciting a life I lead.
                                I did make chutney yesterday and also juiced some apples.
                                Anyhoo enjoy your day everyone, good luck with the fishing Snadge!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X