Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, well in the end it rained for all of 5 minutes so i spent most of the day out and about.

Good to see you Peteyd hope it stayed fine enough for you to cut your grass.

Enjoy your evening..

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good to see you Peteyd….

Swimming?…. Now you are making me feel guilty

I love car boot sales - not been to one for almost 2 years…did you buy anything Snadge?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all

Taking FIL for a hospital appointment at 7.00 so have to be out early.

Enjoy your day
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Mr Bones and all.

Gracious, I didn't realise you could get appointments that early! Hope it goes well.

Sun's just coming up and not a cloud in the sky. So far....
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Those early hospital appointments are the best no driving around trying to find a space and you seem to be in and out again quick.

It looks like being a sunny day but not to hot with it.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Wow - that IS early isn’t it!

Dull and damp here and it looks like it rained overnight.
              Think I need to get on with sorting and emptying the bedroom we want to renovate.
              I went through several boxes yesterday and got more things for charity / recycling/ bin.
              Its quite refreshing having a bit of a clear out

I love craft fairs too Bren. I ‘ve not had a stall on a fair now for a couple of years but one year I had a lady selling willow stars on the stall next to me.
              She spent the whole weekend sat there making loads more so I got a good idea how to make them. I should have a go!

Time for another brew before I set to ….help yourselves peeps!

Comment

• Morning folks

Didn't bother going car booting yesterday because the weather was rubbish!

Off to allotment at some point today (weather permitting). I have three different lots of onion sets to plant, Also weeding will be high on the priority list but I can combine some of this with lifting tatties if I can find where I planted them through the weed growth,
                I may also plant out some turnips I started in modules, plant some more garlic and pot on a late sowing of spring cabbage into larger pots. Plenty to keep me occupied!

Take care and TTFN
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, it’s foggy and a chilly 9 degrees this morning. Notice a real change in the temperature now. Looks as though it has to be a dull day for us.
                  Got loads of apples from our one tree and no idea what to do with them. Making more chutney but need to have a think on what to do with the rest!
                  Domestics first, well after a coffee, machine is ready to go do help yourself.
                  Have a great day everyone. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• The weather didn't know what to do yesterday. I'd no sooner seen the revised forecast for a cloudy day with no rain than the heavens opened. An hour later bright sunshine that lasted nearly all day. My sister came to the allotment and left with two barely liftable bags of apples, half a dozen sweetcorn, a black tray of grapes and a few salad bits. I think the apple tree probably breathed a sigh of relief at it's weight loss.
                    Later we went hospital visiting, an upsetting experience, particularly for my husband. How can such a modern building be so utterly depressing? How can they be allowed to make rooms for patients without windows?
                    This morning the sun is shining brightly I am happy to say. We both slept late for some unknown reason.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 20-09-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      Morning, it’s foggy and a chilly 9 degrees this morning. Notice a real change in the temperature now. Looks as though it has to be a dull day for us.
                      Got loads of apples from our one tree and no idea what to do with them. Making more chutney but need to have a think on what to do with the rest!
                      Domestics first, well after a coffee, machine is ready to go do help yourself.
                      Have a great day everyone. x
                      This was one of my trees before I took some weight of it yesterday. When I originally planted a little "stick" I never realised what I would end up with. I give lots away. Hopefully someone this year is going to make some into cider. The last ones my niece usually takes to the stables she uses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210918_135711_resized.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	734.1 KB
ID:	2533404

Comment

• Jay, have you considered making apple jelly.
                        What a great crop, shame to let them go to waste.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• What a fantastic crop - looks quite a young tree too!

Add that photo to our competition!,

Comment

• Morning All,

Managed to get the grass cut, even had time for a quick run too.

Im now trying to plan what i want to grow next year. we know we're going to expand out wild flower patch but still no real ideas as to the veg patch.

Happy Monday
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• greenishfing That’s exactly what our tree was like, I’ve never seen more apples on it. We have loads to use, a load on the ground which the animals have been chomping on and there are still more on the tree. I’m going to try juicing some, not sure it will work though. Jelly is a great idea too bramble!
                              sigpic

Comment

• Just made my first bottle of apple juice and have to say it’s delicious!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X