Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The smiles were here Snoop - they’d been laughing their heads off at my first attempt ever to make fresh orecchiette.
    They are fully recharged and heading Norf as I speak.

I’ve checked up on the brambles and there are a few black ones which are still very sour or just plain tasteless…I ‘ll check again in a few days.
    I like the sound of raspberry and blackberry jelly gf

Bren - did you come away from the charity shop with something? I can never resist buying something even if it’s just a book or birthday card. I picked up a children’s bedtime story book when we went earlier this week - they guy refused payment after all we’d given him.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend …see ya later!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Bren - did you come away from the charity shop with something? I can never resist buying something even if it’s just a book or birthday card. I picked up a children’s bedtime story book when we went earlier this week - they guy refused payment after all we’d given him.
      Nicos our charity shop sells goods donated from Amazon so there's always new stuff I got some strong netting for my tall pea frame and a t-shirt brand new with tags.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• ^^^ nice one!

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Think I might skip breakfast this morning - still feeling full after last nights supper
          Blue skies but a chill start to the day again. More gardening

I’m hoping at some point to chat with/ at my granddaughter today using iPads instead of an iPhone - it’ll be good to see a bigger version of her , especially as she now has two bottom teeth to show us!

Clearly time for a brew though…help yourselves!

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

A fresh brew, lovely! I'm just ready for another cup. Ta muchly Nicos!

Have a lovely Sunday all.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all

Beef joint is in the oven but there's too much for one so I will have to freeze half after its cooked. Opened a tin of tomatoes for my full english yesterday so half of those went in with the beef.
              Had to have a trip to the local hospital last night but back home now with some medication so hopefully on the mend again.I'll have to see what the weather does today but would like to play with my anvil if possible.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all. It actually looks quite bright out. Maybe an early trip to the allotment. Mr gf says he is feeling good today as well so maybe a trip to the hospital to see his sister this afternoon. Sometimes it's possible to park quite close on a Sunday (no out-patients and office staff)and she is now on a ward which isn't quite as far from the entrance. He feels awful about not visiting too often but the only consolation is she won't remember. Hard to believe a year ago she was more or less living independently.

Comment

• Morning

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, toms on a sourdough oatcake so a good start to the day, no real plans here just gardening and walking.

Enjoy your chat with your grandaughter Nicos with 2 teeth she's going to look cute xx

Take care Snadger hope you're ok today.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A beautiful sunny day here.
                    Out to the beach and for a walk along the prom.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Hope you're doing OK, Snadger. And good luck at the hospital, GF.

Bit hot here today. Brought up water from the well and ran around frantically trying to water everything before the barrels filled up. Got a bit overheated...

The smiles also got a bit frazzled, but they're back on form as it's nice and cool in the basement with me and the dogs. So they say they'll head off this afternoon when it's due to get a bit cloudy. Oh, I've just checked the weather forecast. We're actually due thunderstorms all afternoon, so maybe they'll decide to stay in. I can't. Off out for lunch, literally out as we've booked a table outdoors. Fingers crossed it doesn't hail.

Right, better go and get tidied up.

Have a lovely rest of Sunday, guys.

Comment

• My VERY competitive youngest sister won lots of prizes at the agricultural fair yesterday but amazingly our pears won a 1st prize and the awful looking (but amazing tasting) grapes won a second prize. Last year the grapes seemed to get sunburned and I thought maybe I had chopped the greenery back too much. This year I have gone to the other extreme maybe. I frequently have to prune my way into the greenhouses but I must say that I have so many bunches of gorgeous sweet grapes. Next year ....a happy medium maybe??
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 12-09-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• ^^^^ well done gf…that’s put a big grin on my face

Comment

• Good Morning All Drop of rain but still warm. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all

Early start this morning as I heard Kato pitter pattering on the laminate floor downstairs. Oh no thinks , is he needing to go out to do his business. Put his collar and leader on and took him to the top of the garden where he looked at me as if I was daft!!!! No idea why he was pitter pattwring but he is snuggled up on the rug now.
                              I was glad I had some cash on me when I took him for a walk yesterday as got some nice eggs from a farm near by, (couple of blue eggs included) putting money in their honesty box. Wherever possible I am trying to shop local now as the high streets are dying because of big out-of-town hypermarkets. I now realise quality produce can be bought at a reasonable price locally, backed up of course, by allotment produce!

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all

Congratulations GF

House guest of a few days has gone.. lovely to see them but nice to have the place to ourselves once more.

Drizzly Monday.. it often rains on a Monday
                                Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X