X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all

What a rubbish night sleep wise
    Hibou brought me a massive dead wood mouse for a belated midnight snack and then A couple of hours later I was woken by a clunking sound…Hibou carrying up our wooden staircase a mousetrap with a dead house mouse

Yesterday we had a massive downpour of hailstones followed by heavy rain - flattening loads of plants.
    I now have horizontal hollyhocks.

Lots of domestics for me and trying to find where the mice are getting in.

Time for other brew?….
    You are so calm!! I would be freaking out if I was you. I am absolutely phobic about mice, and we won't even think about their larger cousins.
    I didn't have a problem with them as a child. I think everything went wrong when one curled up and died in a handbag that I only used rarely..... and I found it. I hope you find out where they are coming from.

Comment

• Te he gf….I’d freak out a lot more if it had been a rat….. mice in the house in the countryside is the norm, but deffo not rats indoors

mice can get through a hole the size a pencil could squeeze through …it’s going to take some finding ! We’ve traps both upstairs and down. Process of elimination…

Pwew…I bet your handbag stank….I wouldn’t like to find that tbh.

Cant blame them I suppose wanting to move indoors now the summer has come to an end!

Is it too soon for another brew?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^Definitely not too soon for another brew. I'll join you. Sorry, got no cake to go with it. The last went to friends yesterday.

Bren In Pots, if you've got a vessel with straight sides (not tapering or curving), then it's a perfectly acceptable way to measure rainfall. If your trug were straight-sided, 4 cm would be 40 litres of rain per square metre (1 mm = 1 litre). The bigger the vessel, the more accurate it is.

Comment

• Good morning Snoop and all.
          Thanks for your concern but we are far away from the forest fires which are in Estapona.
          We are east of Malaga, about 15 miles from Nerja.
          Scorching weather but so breezy, sand storm weather yesterday afternoon.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^Smiles heading in your direction, Bramble. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              ^D

Bren In Pots, if you've got a vessel with straight sides (not tapering or curving), then it's a perfectly acceptable way to measure rainfall. If your trug were straight-sided, 4 cm would be 40 litres of rain per square metre (1 mm = 1 litre). The bigger the vessel, the more accurate it is.
              Thanks Snoop I’ll remember that for next time.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glad you are safe bramble…. Have you got another week there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Glad you are safe bramble…. Have you got another week there?
                  Nicos, just finished our first week today.
                  We have another three to go,

We always come for the four weeks but it's usually November and February or March.
                  Wont come in September again as it's too hot in the daytime for walking which we love.
                  The temp has topped 30degs most days.
                  Not complaining...just saying. 😃😃

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^ oh wow!….how fantastic! Good for you!

Mornin n’alln’all

Just woken to the smell of baking fresh bread.
                    OH had some dough rising overnight - I should suggest he does that again- it’s a wonderful smell to wake up to!

no idea what today has in store as yet, but there are no clouds, it’s not raining, and it’s not cold…sounds like ideal gardening weather!

Time for a brew……

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all

Overcast and 17 degs for us

Enjoy the weekend
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Thick grey cloud at the moment but I don't think it's supposed to rain (that probably means a heavy downpour). I picked more blackberries yesterday and put them through the jelly bag so sugar to add this morning.
                        I think it'll be quite pleasant at the allotment later. My sister called at the allotment yesterday. She's off to an agricultural show today and has entered numerous items in the preserves and bakery sections. She also took some of my grapes, apples and pears none of which look that good this year.

Comment

• Morning it was cloudy earlier but now the suns out.

No shopping today so I'll have a wonder around the charity shops I've got some seeds and a few other things to donate.

Enjoy your day.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                            Sun's out here too, Bren, but still lots of clouds as well. Thre's a nice breeze blowing to freshen the air so I may go out for a walk round the fields. I don't usually at the weekend as there are so many other people walking/ambling/running around the footpaths, mostly with dogs that have no manners and jump up with mucky paws. The owners don't seem to see a problem with that. I hate badly trained dogs owners!
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

The day has proper run away with me. Woke up about ten minutes before getting-up time, decided to have a ponder on the day ahead before getting up and then woke up three hours later... Bit of a minor disaster as we've got friends coming for a socially distanced pizza or four.

Anyway, at least it's pizza, not some fancy dinner. Got to make a frangipane fig tart, but that won't take too much effort.

Very hot at the moment, but due to get cloudy later, so I'll do a bit of quick watering then.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the day. Absolutely no idea where the smiles are. They obviously got bored waiting for me to get up.

Comment

• The sun popped it's head out unexpectedly earlier so I decided to go to the allotment before I made the bramble jelly. As there was a couple of handfuls of raspberries ready the bramble jelly has now become raspberry and blackberry jelly and I actually think it is better than the Bramble. Lots of stuff to pick even though I only picked yesterday. The sun has hidden itself away again but it's not really cold.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X