X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    ^^^^ camper van research?
    You read my mind Nicos!
    Still not ready to bite-the-bullet yet for a number of reasons though.

1) Its still quite 'raw' after Helen my wife of 46 years sadly passed away
    2) Summer is nearly over and I may be better with a 4x4 for winter
    3) Prices of campers should be cheaper 'out of season'
    4) Would hope to part exchange as I only want one vehicle
    5)Unsure how far my dog Kato can travel without getting agitated.
    6)Still not sure whether I want a ready made jobby or just a van to put my own stamp on?

I'm taking Kato with me on a fishing trip to Kielder water on Monday in the car as I don't want to leave him all day at home by himself. This is a 50 to 60 mile journey each way so I'ii get a better idea of how he copes on a longer journey.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening, the day turned out sunny after all so went back to wearing my shorts when I came home from my Grory hop.

Nicos I revisited the raspberries about 10 mins back and picked a take out tray full, odd they weren't ripe enough early morning.

Enjoy your evening.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Still too cold and overcast here for shorts Bren In Pots

Not sure what's on the cards for today

Happy Fridays ​​​​​​​
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

misty start here today for what looks like is going to be a lovely weekend.
          Deffo a shorts day here!

We had a great bbq last night and sat outside under the stars until midnight next to a fire pit. Damp, but not too cold.

No idea what’s on the cards for today but at least I’m not nursing a hangover!

I have lovely visions of ‘Kato Adventures’…you could write a blog if he travels well Snadge.

Right - late start for me- tea and porridge….
          Enjoy your day folks.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all

Feel a bit more mobile today. Yesterday I had heat patches on my shoulder and lower back and it got me through the day. This morning I can actually stand up straight rather than walking around looking like Mr Magoo! Only did about 7000 steps yesterday to Kato's detriment, so as I am a lot more mobile today I will try and get over 12000 steps which should keep him happy!

TTFN
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Back to thick grey murk here. Never mind. I cooked more blackberries last night so I'll add the sugar and make jelly this morning. This will take us to over 20 jars but they'll soon go down as my husband keeps telling everyone how good it is and giving them away.
              Yesterday was a day of "firsts", first sweetcorn, first grapes and first runner beans. Everything really is late this year mainly I think due to lack of sunshine. I hope we get a good Autumn. It would be nice to get some ripe figs.

Comment

• Morning

Early on it looked like being a good day just nipped out the hang out the laundry and its raining sill in shorts though, thinking about it they're not that much different to wearing skirt.

Enjoy your walk Snadger we'll be out and about later today.

Comment

• Morning all.

Don't ask me why but the keyboard is now working. Anyway, the smiles are very pleased and are flitting about the place. They also know I'm planning to make some cake mixture but can't cope with the idea that the cakes won't get baked till tomorrow. Not easy to shoo them off in your direction. Hope they make it.

Have just looked at the weather forecast. Next to nothing for today. Builder due next week, so he says, to sort out the drainage for the garage. Hope he comes because I've just looked at the weather for the following week. Looks like we're due for a bout of the weather they've been having elsewhere in Spain. 150 mm forecast over four days. That's the kind of rain we used to have at this time of year. Fingers crossed. But we'd better get ready for it.

Work hasn't yet picked up. So looks like the day will be pretty much my own again. Fantastic.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Glad your keyboard is working again snoop- that did make me giggle
                    You sure it wasn’t a biscuit crumb stuck underneath the ‘’n’ key?

I read somewhere that huskies need loads and loads of exercise Snadge - are you finding that’s the case?
                    My in laws always had Scottish deerhounds or Wolfhounds which look like they’d need tons of exercise but would be more than happy to ‘sunbathe’ all day taking up the entire sofa or floor space …more than happy to go out and explore but when standing chatting to someone they’d lean against your leg whilst they waited. Lovely dogs.

Wow snoop - that’s a lot of rain

And gf….I’m really getting blackberry envy now!…how fantastic!

Must crack on…’stuff’ to do!

Remember to take photos please peeps!… we need more piccies in the competition! - don’t worry if they are rubbish quality or upside down…it’s just fun to share!

( forgot to mention..,My Swedish friend is in for a 3C tonight , so their first frosts….’winter is a-coming’)

Comment

• Dark and mizzly here - definitely not flip-flop-Friday. meant to say earlier, the blind man came round yesterday so that's the bathroom officially finished - one month and a day from start to finish
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Afternoon, late on parade! Son has tested positive for the dreaded lurgy so loads of calls back and forth. He is double vaccinated and still feels awful so be careful out there folks!!
                        I was expecting wall to wall sunshine today but no, dull and 13 degrees, sun expected this afternoon, fingers crossed.
                        Poor Kato, hope he gets a longer walk today. (Should have said poor Snadge, hope you feel better soon).
                        Love a Scottish Deerhound Nicos. Knew someone who had one and she used to stand with her front paws on my OH’s shoulders… she was ttaller than him!! Big softie though.
                        Anyhoo have a great day everyone. x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning its dull and damp here feels like autumn's here.

I've had a look around the Garden things are doing fine toms are ripening, plenty of lettuce, chard, kale french and runner beans had a peep at the parsnip shoulders and it looks like I'll get some decent sized ones. A few courgettes and cucs left but overall a good year despite the odd weather we seem to have.

We didn't get any sunshine yesterday either Jay just rain that wasn't forecast.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning all. Very grey outdoors yet again. I need to buy a birthday present for my sister's husband. He's into gardening so I might get inspiration at the garden centre. I'll call there this morning after I've taken some pasta bake for a couple of older relatives.
                            Sorry to hear about your son Jay, hope he gets over the lurgy quickly.
                            Hopefully a few hours at the allotment later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

*looks guilty….
                              More blue skies here….

Sorry to hear about your son Jay - thank goodness he was double vaccinated - if not, I imagine he would have been a candidate for hospital/ ICU?
                              Hope he bounces back quickly x

Watch out gf - you could have a wonderful time ‘just’ buying a birthday pressie…. Go on…you know you deserve something special yourself..we know you do

*breaks open a bottle of fizz for Bones!…wow….finally!

OH’s just been reading out about Carolina Reaper chillies - Scoville Scale 1,569,300. Supposedly the worlds hottest chilli at the moment. Our friend has just made chilli oil for pizzas with some

Anyone fancy a brew?

Comment

• Good morning all from Sunny Malaga.
                                We flew out yesterday and are here for four weeks..
                                Wall to wall sunshine this morning.

Jay, sorry to hear your son is unwell, speedy recovery.
                                Snadgar, take it easy and give yourself some time to rest.
                                It will all still be there next day or next week.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...