X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning a dull day here.

It sounds like you're making the most of your camper Nicos

Bread baking, gardening with a walk at some point today for us.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, better sleep last night thanks everyone. Was awake for about an hour between 3 and 4 which was better than the night before where I was awake most of the night. Why does that happen?!!
      Overcast here too and 14 degrees but to brighten up by lunchtime.
      Domestics here and then who knows. Thanks for the brew Mr Bones, much needed.
      Enjoy your day everyone. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Look at those delicious pastries. You are a temptress, Nicos! French breakfasts are so much better than English ones. I'll look, but I won't indulge - far too many calories!
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hello all,

Nice day here today, bit windy but we can live with that

Busy weekend ahead, need to pressure wash the patio and seal it before the weather turns and get the fence painted while the wood is young.

Happy Friday and hope all have a good long weekend
          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Weird weather so far today. Sun first thing, then sun and rain together, then thick cloud with the odd rain shower....we're still stuck with the thick cloud. I've had a good harvesting session at the allotment though. I just need some sun now to hasten the sweetcorn ripening.

Comment

• Afternoon

My breads cobs are out of the oven so the house smells so good.

Decided to remove the GH shading while the bread was rising I can't see us getting any more 37c highs in there until next season.

Not a bad day here its still shorts an t-shirt weather.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Went on a grory hop this morning, only to find the supermarket was shut. No information and not obvious why (not a public holiday). Bit frustrating as it was 50 km from home. Drove on a bit further and found another one, but not as good and far more expensive. And of course, it didn't have lots of things on our list. Never occurred to me we might need to check if our intended supermarket was open.

Anyway, lazy afternoon as very hot again. But it was a very cold night and my troglodytic cave is very cool. Got two dogs and Frankie for company. The dogs are fast asleep and Frankie is bored... They're amazingly patient with him, but even he has worked out that attacking them while they're asleep isn't a good idea.

I have no idea what the smiles got up to in my absence. I hope they found their way to you. Have a nice evening, everyone.

Comment

• Snoop that must have been a bit of a blow to find you supermarket closed does this happen often in Spain ?

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Am I up first again?

Well, the birds are a-singing and the cows are a-mooing . Hibou was a-demanding to go out and the church bells have just finished a-ringing , and to top it all, the combine harvesters are back with a vengeance ​​​​​​ You’d just love it here Jay!

Time for the first brew of the day - there’s something welcoming about hearing a kettle coming to the boil isn’t there?
                    I particularly love hearing the whistling kettle on the wood stove slowly coming to the boil - no hurry - clicking bubbley sounds getting louder and more determined and the slow crescendo of the whistle announcing the water is ready for the teapot.

So…help yourselves folks!

I’ve just realised -its a Bank holiday weekend for you isn’t it?Anyone one got exciting plans?
                    Last edited by Nicos; 28-08-2021, 05:21 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I was being so lazy. Mr GF had got up first so I decided to doze while he made coffee. Huh!! He's been hogging the bathroom for the last heaven knows how long and I've just given in and made my own coffee as I couldn't wait any longer. I can actually see sunshine. Maybe we'll get a proper nice day.....I've given up on the weather forecast.
                      I think we'll go to the allotment soon and then my husband ought to visit his sister in hospital this afternoon. Evidently the metalwork in her knee is infected (she had a replacement several years ago). I've never heard of this happening.
                      Nothing exciting happening for the Bank holiday but sunshine will be a treat.

Comment

• Mornin gf…

^^^^ ouch!…that sounds painful - I’ve never heard of that either.
                        Last edited by Nicos; 29-08-2021, 07:21 PM.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
                          It's a bit grey looking here, a complete blanket of cloud, like high altitude fog, but it's not cold - 14C according to the outside thermometer.

Thanks for the tea Nicos, I've added a few mint leaves from the garden (I drink my tea without milk), and it's delicious.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all

Was out and about early today - 11 degrees and a stiff cold northerly breeze, made it just a tad uncomfortable. Bren In Pots lucky you with yesterdays weather, it was long trousers and boots for us, even popped my jumper back on by two in the afternoon.

Thanks for the cuppa Nicos

Happy Saturdays
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning

MrBones Its odd how weather differs even a few miles apart, it was cool earlier but its warming up out there. This changing weathers not doing my courgettes any good I don't think they'll be producing many more.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all

Its strange how us Brits are infatuated with the weather innit? Maybe its because we can have four seasons in one day?

In other countries all you will get is hot and sunny today, hot and sunny today ad infinitum, I suppose its a bit less boring weatherwise?

Off to see my Daughter at her distant Deli this morning. Asked her if I bring my new square plate whether she can furnish me with my one meal a day on it? No problem says she!

While I am there I intend visiting a distant market I haven't been to for ages.

Been up all night taking dog onto garden as he has the squits. Can't figure out what he has eaten which has disagreed with him.

Ah well, TTFN and don't do what I wouldn't do
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X