This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all.

Very attractive brown square for a forum this morning. Thought we were getting another upgrade! Thanks for sorting it, Bren In Pots.

I've told the smiles to make a special trip to Chisit-land. They said they'd passed you by, mothhawk, as they thought Chisit-land was like Fairyland and they didn't want to get stuck there. So I looked it up in Google and there you are, mothhawk, top hit in the whole wide world for Chisit-land. Anyway, I've given them instructions and they know they're not to miss you out in future. I've told them they have to put their sparkly wings on specially tomorrow.

Not much other news. I had meant to make malt loaf yesterday, but didn't. And it doesn't look like it's going to get made today either. There's always tomorrow.

Very cool night and a heavy dew this morning. Autumn is on its way, even though the daytime temperatures are still mid-30s.

I might have to review the summer brassica provision. I've overdone it! I thought: five heads of broccoli over the summer, we can eat those. Then three red cabbages. Four cauliflowers. Three Golden Acre Primo cabbages. Same of Cape Horn. I think the real problem is the Golden Acre Primo. We've eaten our way through a Lake District fell's worth of coleslaw (to avoid saying a mountain of it, which would be a bit of an exaggeration) and still have another Scafell Pike to go. They're amazingly dense, these cabbages.

Mr Snoop is about to make me a cup of tea and bring it with a bit of the Mary Berry banana loaf. It's actually getting better with age. Definitely stickier.

Have a nice evening, everyone.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-08-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Happy Friday everyone I couldn't get in here either this morning and like thousands of others U was locked out of my account on Tezzy's as well. Warm here and looks like rain. I'm annual leave next week yay
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon, home from a stroll around the charity shops first time in ages, only bought an arm band phone holder our local Barnardos sells goods donated by Amazon. So there’s some good bargains.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Prevening all

Thanks Bren, I was locked out too, wasn't sure if it was our PC getting an update

Time to get myself in the kitchen..
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Apple and ginger chutney sounds lovely!
            Do you use cooking apples or eating apples?
            The recipe calls for Bramley’s GF but I just use eating one off the tree…tastes lovely. I use this recipe.

https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/20...s-and-old.html

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post

The recipe calls for Bramley’s GF but I just use eating one off the tree…tastes lovely. I use this recipe.

https://www.lavenderandlovage.com/20...s-and-old.html

I will be trying it.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Couldnt get in here either this morning and then went out again in the camper. Got back an hour ago and sat in front of the fire pit having a warming whiskey
                Thanks for sorting it Bren.
                Off to sleep now…I’ll tell you about my adventures tomorrow!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, another dull morning here today. I had a game of tennis after work last night, the light really is starting to go early now
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

No idea how the weather does it but today it's hot and autumnal all at once. Anyway, Mr Snoop helped with the watering, so that was done quickly. He's pointed out all the things that I already knew needed doing but just haven't got around to. So, he's helped but given me more work.

Busyish day ahead doing said gardening tasks, but it's already a bit hot to be doing much. Then some tidying. I can't put it off any longer...

Smiles have scarpered at the thought of tidying. They don't want to get caught up in the flying dust... Plus, there will be much gnashing of teeth, wailing and general cursing. Anyway, the last one in the flock grinned back to confirm Chisit-land is on their route.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Its dull and raining here and according to the MetOffice its here for the day won't be doing much in the garden apart from gathering lettuce and raspberries.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

It's dull and drab here as well Bren. Glad I had a good session at the plot yesterday in the sunshine.Got another bed completed, covered with cardboard then hay on top!

Loads of DIY to do inside if weather persists but if I spot a break in the weather I wouldn't mind a couple of hours fishing?

Need to do a bit of a grocery shop at some time and am formulating my list now. Just a short list up til now though so I hope it stays that way!

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I went to open the lounge curtains when I got up and my husband's comment was, "I wouldn't bother". One word says it all about the weather this morning. Miserable.
                          No idea what I'm doing today. I suppose I ought to do some cleaning.

Comment

• Morning, miserable here too GF!
                            Well made my chutney and for the first time ever one jar didn’t seal properly…any advice on what to do gratefully received!
                            Have a great day whatever the weather. c
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Grey and rainy here.
                              Today is captains day in pitch and putt, the biggest competition of the year.
                              What with the pandemic it was planned as an outdoor event,
                              It will probably go ahead but not looking good.
                              Enjoy your day whatever you're up to.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                                Morning, miserable here too GF!
                                Well made my chutney and for the first time ever one jar didn’t seal properly…any advice on what to do gratefully received!
                                Have a great day whatever the weather. c
                                I'd just put it in the fridge and use it first. My sister once made some christmas chutney and put the leftover bit in a bowl in the fridge. She opened a jar a few weeks later to try and decided it was horrible and got rid of it all, but then "found" the dish covered with clingfilm in the depths of her fridge a couple of months later and said it had matured and tasted gorgeous.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X