Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning snoop - you pipped me to the post there!

Good call about ambulances….
    I read that the Scottish ones come with expensive diesel heaters already fitted ! That’d be a great saving too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well! Have a load of windfall apples so just waiting for postie to deliver jar lid seals and I’ll get on with making Apple and Ginger Chutney…seems early this year to be doing that.
      Thanks for the smiles Snoop, cheered me up.
      It’s a bit dull and cool today but next week looks fab weather wise.
      Have a great day everyone, catch you all later. x
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning everyone.
        Hadn't thought the smiles might be afraid of thunder Snoop. That in itself made me smile .
        Painter and electrician are here today, shouldn't be far off bathroom completion..
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Dull and grey with drizzle rain falling.
          I think the time has finally arrived to tackle the pile of ironing.
          I will be collecting my grandson from creche this evening so looking forward to that,
          No smiles have arrived here yet Snoop.
          Have a good all and enjoy the sun those that are lucky enough to have it.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Morning, hope you are all well! Have a load of windfall apples so just waiting for postie to deliver jar lid seals and I’ll get on with making Apple and Ginger Chutney…seems early this year to be doing that.
            Thanks for the smiles Snoop, cheered me up.
            It’s a bit dull and cool today but next week looks fab weather wise.
            Have a great day everyone, catch you all later. x
            Apple and ginger chutney sounds lovely!
            Do you use cooking apples or eating apples?

Comment

• Pah…..too many people at market so we turned around and came home without even getting out of the car
              No rush for the leeks - good excuse to go again eh?

Bet you can’t wait Bones!…do you have a bath and/ or a shower?
              I’m very much a ‘long soak in a bath’ kinda gal and OH is a quick jump in the shower kinda bloke….so we ended up with both!

Windfall apples Jay…sooo jealous!…so much so I went to check on my only two apples Yup - still there…phew

OH found a pocket full of barley in his jeans in our ‘other bedroom ‘ so I had a look around only to find a rather large hole in my heat pack …darn! Looks like I’ll need to make another one. ( another incentive to get my sewing machine out !)

Comment

• Nicos we've gone for just a large shower. There was a bath and separate shower before but the bath was never used, hence the decision. Be nice not to have workmen in the house, I'm hoping today will be the last. The sparky today is fitting a new consumer unit and addressing any minor bits throughout the house (and loft) so it can all be signed off as up to spec.
                Thinking about it, after today we'll only be waiting for the blind man in a couple of weeks. That's not a bloke with poor vision by the way, but the chap who'll be fitting the window blind
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^^^ hahaha….there’s a nun in a bath joke about a ‘blind man ‘ asking to come in….but as we can’t share jokes on here anymore I’ll leave that to your imagination if you don’t already know it

sounds nice Bones…big shower - love it!

Comment

• Afternoon its just started raining here never mind . i've been mostly indoors though.

Shopping, and oatcakes finished the sourdough is almost ready for the oven., will make scones as well while the oven is on.

Greenishfing we've got a couple of Worcester pearmain trees and use apples for chutneys, jams, puree, juicing and dehydrating. They're a lovely tasting apple but they don't store so I make the most of them.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                      Feeling a bit de-motivated today, don't know why. Just no get up and go. I've been out for a walk and now don't feel inspired to do anything. I may well spend the afternoon reading"The Yorkshire Shepherdess". The book is far more interesting than the TV program.
                      Send a few smiles over here please, Snoop, I need a bit of sparkle.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon folks

Good call about used ambulances but as it will be my daily driver and there is only me and the dog, was thinking of summat a bit smaller?
                        Just finished fastening my Anvil to the wooden block concreted in at the top of the garden. I can now make a start at fabricating some metal roses and leaves for project I am on with.
                        Just for a break and weather permitting I may plan a lengthy session at the allotment tomorrow as its getting a bit tatty through neglect.

Tried to join a local hiking club yesterday. The problem was my dog tried to eat all the other dogs so don't think I will get an invite back. Knocked up nearly 18000 steps yesterday though.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Sounds good Snadger, look forward to seeing some of your creations!

Hoping to get a game of tennis in tonight, fingers crossed the weather holds!

Happy friday all
                          "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                          - Henry Beard

Comment

• Midmorning all.
                            Couldn't get on earlier so suspect problems with the site.
                            Looking after my grandson this morning g, his parents are attending a funeral.
                            Hopefully I will get out to the garden this afternoon.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon.

Bramble the vine was down earlier, I emailed admin who had their engineer look into the problem.

Its become a lovely sunny day here
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sunny earlier but clouding up now. We had to go to a funeral earlier, but home again now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X