X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another scorchio day ahead
    It seems we only have a couple more hot days ahead so I’m actually not going to push myself to get things done…they can wait until midweek.

We have our neighbours coming over this evening to have homemade pizzas.
    I’m actually already getting a bit stressed as I’m just not used to having people over! …it just seems a perfect day to sit outside and cook our own pizzas in the Oooni oven.
    Anyone else got one?

Nice salad idea Bren…my quick dairy dressing for cold new spuds is a mix of live yog, salad cream and chopped chives. Maybe throw in some cooked lardons or baby toms too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ooops!…I pressed ‘post’ in my excitement at the thought of that food

Have a great weekend everyone…it’s a Bank Holiday here tomorrow - seems weird on a Sunday but it follows the actual date.

Iced tea anyone?….Hot chocolate for those in cooler climes .

Comment

• Morning All,

Been quite a busy one this morning, Fixed out table for our Pizza Oven, built a sandpit (and had a good play of course - Purely to test it out mind!) and tidied the house. Time for a cup of tea and maybe a bite to eat shortly then back out to cut the grass. Oh and i chased a 2 year old beetroot thief around the garden!
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all.

All the domestics done, so the afternoon is my own. I plan to go blackberrying. Mid-week the black ones were still rather sharp, but they should have sweetened enough by now. There are loads around the footpaths here, but I have never seen anyone else picking them. I take pounds of them, the birds take lots, but still lots just decay and drop off come season end. Such a waste.

Bramble, the problem with soup is that it needs good chunky crusty bread with it, eating soup without bread just doesn't taste right.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^^^^ I often fry up (tiny amount of oil - more of a dry fry) chopped up ,stale, left over bread , sprinkled with salt and chilli powder whilst cooking and sprinkle that onto the soup, maybe with a bit of grated cheese. Yum!
            Works well on thick cold soup too.
            Last edited by Nicos; 14-08-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Well, it’s nearly 3am and we have the bedroom window open as it’s so warm, and all I can hear is a combine harvester
              I noticed it around 10pm when we were eating outside.
              Looks like the local farmers have all got the contractors in all at the same time.
              I guess we’ll be having rain soon so they want it in quickly so it doesn’t get damp and mouldy.

These things are enormous- taking up the whole width of our little country lanes when they travel around. It does make you think though that for most of the year they are just sat doing nothing then work 24/7 for a few days.
              Last year I mentioned to a farmer that the drivers must surely have a rota system and asked if they are difficult to handle
              particularly in the dark?
              He laughed and said the hardest thing is driving from field to field. The guys are happy to drive them - air conditioned cabs, music, all
              they do is sit there as they near enough self drive being controlled by gps and computers or something!
              Can you imagine what farm labourers would have made of that 150 years ago?
              We don’t have many large fields around here as they are original bocage,but you could understand why farmers would want to rip up their hedgerows.
              Ah the joy of the sounds of the countryside!….it’s actually getting louder and there is a field ready for cutting 200 yards away
              I guess I’ll be awake for a while longer, even with the window shut.

Comment

• Thank goodness for that!….I think someone has finally moved on elsewhere

I can finally hear the owls bliss.
                Normal service is resumed….phew.

Comment

• Morning

It was partially cloudy last night so I didn't watch the sky for long, no owls here Nicos we do get bats and they're fascinating to watch.

Mothhawk have your tried pureed soups do a search for 5-2 diet and you'll find lots. I'm not on a diet but I do like a warming mug of soup and can't stand those in packets.

Back later enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here at the moment so bedding is washing. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Morning, it was to cloudy to see anything last night Nicos never mind.

Enjoy your visitors Snoop

greenishfing how about a Italian Potato Salad I've made this one a few times and its tasty.

https://oursaltykitchen.com/classic-...-potato-salad/

Enjoy your day
                      Thanks Bren.The potato salad sounds good. I'll try it another day. I actually forgot to dig up some potatoes yesterday so plans changed and we ended up with garlic bread instead of potatoes.
                      I finished making the Bramble jelly and it has set. I'll pick some more blackberries as soon as they are ripe as a certain person has already promised a few jars to his friends.
                      I awoke to the wonderful smell of fresh bread this morning as I'd set the breadmaker off before I went to bed last night.
                      The weather here this weekend has ended up being far better than the forecast so far. I hope it continues for a while. Even my Padron peppers gave in yesterday and have begun to give me peppers at long last.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

No farm machinery allowed here at the moment due to the risk of fire. Except, I heard the guys out chainsawing and clearing around the pylons and electricity lines yesterday. Can't have been much fun.

Mr Snoop has taken the visitors into the village. Me, I'm on lunch duty. But I'd much rather go for a lie-down... Maybe just a sneaky five minutes?

I got up early to water, but the smiles were already gone. I presume they're round your ways already. Hope you all have a lovely rest of Sunday.

Comment

• The smiles were here Snoop - I left out some iced water for them!
                          Sent some back to you ( they were pining anyway) and the others headed off refreshed.

Enjoy your visitors - makes a nice change doesn’t it?

I’m just sat here with a brew listening to Hibou snoring…so sweet!

Enjoy your day folks - no idea yet what I’m going to do this afternoon although it’s feeling like I could do with a quick kip too

Comment

• Afternoon I've not been out of the garden today only come indoors now because its raining. Its Just what's needed to top up my butts

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just sat watching 3 Peregrine Falcons circling over our village, looks like a mum and two nippers screaming to be fed, they have got no chance, it's time to get your own now kids.

Comment

• Good morning everybody. Overcast and grey here at the moment, but the sun appears to be trying to fight it's way out. It saddens me when I realise how close we are to Winter, dark evenings and cold weather again. Summer seems to go by so quickly.
                                I started some curried courgette pickle last night to be finished today. If it turns out well I'll post the recipe.
                                No idea what's in store today but I really ought to go to the supermarket.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X