• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Sunny! Running late - Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

MrB we also had heavy rain yesterday evening so the butts are all topped up and the was well watered lawn still feels soggy. More due today and tomorrow.
      Did you get your shelves in order Snoop, there always seems far to much stuff to go back in the same place once things are moved.

enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        That’s terrible Snadger, what gets into people?!!
        Its not so bad, I did it myself scrumping apples when I was a kid.
        Reminds me of the first allotment plot I ever had. I grew spuds mainly and was dismayed to find the tops looking limp one day. On closer examination, someone had nicked the spuds and stuck the halms back in the ground so it wouldn't be noticed straight away. I must admit I laughed at that and thought to myself "If some poor soul was that desperate for potatoes, they are welcome to them"

My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Damp and dreary here today. Luckily I managed to get my wrought ironwork that I had made for my new front steps, painted yesterday. I don't mind blacksmithing but I flaming hate painting so I am glad it stayed dry long enough to get it done.

Today is my fish day on my OMAD diet so I was hoping to catch a trout if I could but with weather being so dreary I might have to resort to some fish from the freezer! We'll see, I still might go?

TTFN
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• For some unknown reason I slept like a log for over seven hours last night for the first time in months and months. It was wonderful. I could even have closed my eyes and had another hour this morning but for the tantalising aroma of coffee which lured me out of bed. Joy!!
            I think like lots of others people the last year and a half has played havoc with me and most of my get up and go and enthusiasm just slowly slipped away.

Rain forecast for today. I need to go to the allotment and water the greenhouses and pick some vegetables before the courgettes get the better of me. If the forecast is right I'll batch bake some pasta bake this afternoon.

Comment

• Morning all. Yesterday was another very hot day. Looks like we're back to very hot weather for the next couple of weeks. Not good. Very hot nights as well.

Wasn't quite up early enough today. 7.15 or so. Managed to get the squash ladies pollinated (another three, so that's quite a few in recent days) before the bees took all the pollen, but it was very hot by the time I finished the watering. Fortunately, not too many wasps. I hate dipping my watering can into barrels full of wasps.

Got some work to do today, but there's a cake to be made. Can't be having all these bun trays and not using them. I just about managed to fit them all in, yes, Bren. I've identified some trestles to make another little side table too. Poor Mr Snoop, I'm a proper dragon at times.

He's escaped the house by heading off on a grory hop. We need more pills for the ageing dog. Turns out they're less than half the price at the vet's than at our local chemist's. Still not cheap, mind. Thank goodness we can pay. All the talk of people stealing fruit and veg from plots reminded me of the 2008 crisis here in Spain. Things were really grim. All the people with plots got used to finding things gone and, like you, Snadger, decided to put up with it. The veg plots worked by the locals are in two areas, both a long way from town. It was evident from the type of pilfering that it was people who needed food to eat, not to sell, and some of plot holders started growing more to accommodate whoever the 'thieves' were. When the economy recovered, the thieving stopped.

Right, I actually have some paid work to do again. Just as well, all the cake tins I have my eye on.

Smiles set off on the loose when I got up, making the most of the cooler morning air. Should be just about with you by now if they haven't arrived already. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Apart from a blue sky, it’s feeling very autumnal out there still.
                So much so OH decided to make porridge for breakfast this morning
                Dont get me wrong - I love porridge but we should be sat outside in the sun having crusty french bread and melon jam for breakfast, not hiding inside out of the cold wind.

I’m liking the idea of baking too …I’m fancying some scones ! Or maybe some oat biscuits….

I hope your weather picks up Snadge so you can go fishing.
                Please explain something I sort of got jumbled about…
                I thought rain sploshes on the water surface brought fish to the surface thinking they were insects landing….is that a myth or something only certain fish do, or only if it’s a few gentle sploshes?

Last night I was actually pretty chilly in our lounge for the first time in months.
                I huddled under a blanket on the sofa and commented that we’ll be needing to light the fire soon.
                Typically( as I understand men don’t feel the cold like we ladies do) he was denying how chilly it has become when Hibou wandered in and claimed her place on the rug in front of the unlit fire.
                For weeks now she’s stretched out, legs a kimbo…last night she curled up into a tight ball and tucked her front paws under her.
                See….even she thought it was chilly!

Anyone else actually thought about sticking the heating on for a few minutes each day?
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Another dull wet and windy day.
                  Think I might pop into town for a few hours and I am just about fed up indoors.

No Nicos, not thought about turning g on the heat just yet.
                  We sit in the conservatory in the evening and it's still pleasant enough.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                    Just seen the first bit of blue sky for today, the grey overcast has blown away to leave big fluffy white clouds. Lots of rain yesterday evening and on and off through the night - the garden looks thoroughly refreshed. Did a C&C grory hop this morning, I'd ordered 300ml of double cream to make some ice cream, and it had been subbed for a 600ml pot. Hmm... now what am I going to do with all that extra cream??
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      Mornin n’alln’all
                      Apart from a blue sky, it’s feeling very autumnal out there still.
                      So much so OH decided to make porridge for breakfast this morning
                      Dont get me wrong - I love porridge but we should be sat outside in the sun having crusty french bread and melon jam for breakfast, not hiding inside out of the cold wind.

I’m liking the idea of baking too …I’m fancying some scones ! Or maybe some oat biscuits….

I hope your weather picks up Snadge so you can go fishing.
                      Please explain something I sort of got jumbled about…
                      I thought rain sploshes on the water surface brought fish to the surface thinking they were insects landing….is that a myth or something only certain fish do, or only if it’s a few gentle sploshes?

Last night I was actually pretty chilly in our lounge for the first time in months.
                      I huddled under a blanket on the sofa and commented that we’ll be needing to light the fire soon.
                      Typically( as I understand men don’t feel the cold like we ladies do) he was denying how chilly it has become when Hibou wandered in and claimed her place on the rug in front of the unlit fire.
                      For weeks now she’s stretched out, legs a kimbo…last night she curled up into a tight ball and tucked her front paws under her.
                      See….even she thought it was chilly!

Anyone else actually thought about sticking the heating on for a few minutes each day?
                      The books tell you the rain falling on water attracts fish, the only problem is the fish don't read books!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Success, I got my trout but I also got soaked in the process. I have eaten the pan fried freshly caught trout served with fried Haloumi and mixed grains and it was tasty and filling. My clothes and fishing gear are now hanging on the drying rack above the woodburner and I am enjoying the heat it is giving out.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Well caught Snadge

I may well light our wood stove for a couple of hours this evening. Maybe put a rice pudding in it too….we’ll see.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good grief. It's 39 ºC outside here and the wind is ripping up the valley. It's like being in a fan oven. I can't even begin to contemplate having the heating on.

Comment

• Afternoon that's hot Snoop

Its rained here for much of the day so i've baked a sourdough loaf and a tray of apple and sultana scones. House does smell good

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                Spent the day in town.
                                Sales are on so bought myself a few bits and Bob's.
                                Jean's, a cream trousers, a pair of shorts and four tee shirts.
                                Home now, a lot poorer but happy.
                                The day out really gave me a lift.
                                All I need now is somewhere to go so I can get dressed up.
                                Have a good eveni g all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...