This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all
    The temperatures rising, time I was out and about before it gets too much..
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• It's going to be another hot one. We're Care Home visiting this morning. I find it very depressing. For me quality of life should outweigh anything else.
      I will cheer myself up and go and tend to some plants then.

Comment

• Morning

I Fed my toms early on but I think that ill be it for gardening till this evening apart from picking some salad.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another hot one here too.

More sorting of boxes from the barn again- it’s so lovely and cool in there

Just a bit of tub watering for me later on today in the garden.
          The lawns are still looking amazingly lush - they are usually crinkly and brown by now!

Keep safe peeps.
          Hope your family are ok Flo.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Greenhouse plants all watered for now but may need doing again this evening.
            No plans for the day other than to keep cool.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pain killers for me Snoop?
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Pain killers for me Snoop?
                Our ageing dog is also called Flo. Should have been clearer, shouldn't I?

Comment

• I do have something in common with the dog's aches and pains Snoop! Hope she's doing ok
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• afternoon all,melting again,got rest of the brassicas in this morning,is now chill out time,stay safe all in this heat,sorry for those who HAVE to work in it
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Currently on nights so not enjoying the heat so much as i would usually!

Gave the greenhouse a much need drink when i woke up, the odd tomato leaf is showing signs of needing a good slosh of feed so that'll be on the menu for them tomorrow.
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Morning all

Keep cool
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Warmer night last night (14 ºC) but lows of 25 ºC forecast for the next few nights and very hot days. 25 ºC is very warm at night time for here.

All good this morning. Frankie's in a temper, though, as I put a lot of plants out in beds that he clearly regards as 'his' runways. It's going to be a hot few days, but at least they won't have him out there trying to knock them over and generally teach them a lesson.

Not sure about Flo the dog. She had her first anti-inflammatory yesterday late evening. She was pacing about a bit last night, complaining of pain, but seems alright this morning. Mr Snoop said she was quite jolly on the morning walk and yesterday she refused to go, either in the morning or the evening. Anyway, fingers crossed.

Busyish day ahead, but a nap is definitely on the cards.

Have a good one, everyone. Smiles on the loose today. Bit too hot for them to hang around here, so they're on their way to you.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Scorchio here again.
                            More box sorting. Looks like we’ll need to do another trip to the charity centre in the next few weeks!
                            It’s actually quite a good feeling tbh.

Lookslike we’ve finally sorted out how to stop Hibou disturbing us at stupido’clock.fr ….have a cooling fan on all night
                            I hate having it on cos it generally means we didn’t close enough blinds and having enough windows open to create a through draught.

Yesterday we went to the local wood yard to cost up Douglas Fir for the patio and it’s within budget if it’s rough cut. It’s actually cheaper than buying commercially prepared decking!
                            Frustrating thing is he’s closed for all August and has too much work on to prepare it for us before mid September.
                            Looks like our summer ,outdoor DIY is going to end up as an Autumn project. Ah well, we’ll just have to start ripping out our bedroom back to the rafters and stone walls instead!

Fingers crossed for Flo dog poor lass.

Enjoy your day peeps….

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Hot again so more of the same today.
                              Watering the greenhouse and staying cool.
                              Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon,scorchio is an understatement,cannot do anything in this heat,only sleep,remember Bgood2yourselves
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X