Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning it looks like being a fine day here washings almost ready to peg out and the gardens looking good after all the rain we've been having.

Enjoy your day.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Productive day so far. Look no bindweed (for now) in half the plot and very little (for now) in the other half. I don't like having such a small plot, but it's certainly easier to tend. Even the paths are bindweed-free!

Mr Snoop has gone in to town to do a bit of tidying in the little house we have there. He's exporting stuff (otherwise termed 'junk' by me) from here to there and it really needs sorting. Sooner or later I'll have to tidy up my stuff here. That'll make me realise that no, I don't have any more room for recipe books and bun trays.

Busy day ahead, but it's Friday. Though this weekend we're painting the garage ceiling. Be good to get it finished.

Have a good one all. I haven't used up all the smiles, still loads left. Help yourselves.

Comment

• Got loads of weeding done today, which was good. The sweetcorn look twice as tall now I can see the bottom of them.
        I have decided that I must be growing good veg this year as every other creature if after them, particularly birds and slugs and they keep beating me to them. I can see the first handful of blueberries are nearly ripe. I hope I get to them first.
        Sorry to hear about your golf club, Bramble. Sometimes being a leftie can work out expensive.

Comment

• Good Evening All and Happy Friday Been a lovely day. Youngest son has done some weeding for me and grass is being cut tomorrow Have a lovely evening
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening its been a good day here some gardening then finished of the afternoon with a walk.

Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Good evening all.
              It's been a very dull day but dry so no complaints.
              Daughter and granddaughter called in at lunchtime.
              Had a walk in the afternoon and then spent the evening pottering in the garden.
              Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all

Damp and muggy, currently spiting with rain and forecast to hang around all day.

Happy Saturdays

Kettle's on
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Up and out early to water. Heatwave is due to hit Spain today. I didn't know when I suggested we should finish off painting the garage ceiling this weekend... I don't suppose we'll get very far. And not much point doing it first thing as the sun pours in from 7.30 am onwards. I got up at 6.30 and it was too dark really to see what was what. It occurs to me that I should add that even though we're an hour ahead of the UK, we really should be in the same time zone given Spain's geographical position. The country used to be on GMT but Franco changed it to match Germany and Italy. So whatever daylight you have at 5.30 am, that's what we've got at 6.30 am.

Right, better go and shake a paint brush. Actually, first, I'd better go and shake a spatula for filling gaps between the concrete blocks.

I'm saving a few smiles for me for later (for when I need them to recover from the neck ache caused by looking up for as long as I can manage) but the others are already on the loose, flying northwards to escape the heat.

Have a good day, everyone

Comment

• Morning

Snoop I hate Painting ceilings they always give me neck/arm ache no matter if I use a brush or roller. Good luck with yours.

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                    Damp and muggy, currently spiting with rain and forecast to hang around all day.
                    Looks like we're sharing the same weather today MrB.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Snoop Puss I bolted a hand-held paint roller to a broom handle which made painting the garage lots easier. Paint tray on the floor and stand well back.. It made such light work of it I used it in the house as well, though everything does need to be covered well beforehand for the spray that comes off the roller.
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. I'm going to prick out some basil today. No other plans just the usual housework. Not sure the grass will be cut, it's looking too much like rain. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all, we have the sun here.
                          I was lucky enough to borrow a lect handed iron from my niece yesterday so I am off out to play pitch and putt.

Snoop, good luck with the painting, doing the ceilings makes me dizzy,
                          Mr Bones suggestion sounds like a good one.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It looks very murky here. Sorry, wrong about that. It has just this minute started raining. I think it's going to be one of those stop/start days rain wise. I wanted to do some more weeding today but we will see.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 10-07-2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

This week I made a major decision to get more fit, so I've started doing core strength exercises - found a great video online for over fifties. After just a week doing half an hour each day I can already put my chinos on without having to sit down. Before I just could not balance for long enough on one leg. Plus I enjoy the video so much I know I'll keep at it. Started doing one or two of the others too and I feel really happy with myself.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hey all!
                                hope all is well..just briefly passing through, having a nose and reading up..
                                Its raining all day here too..
                                If I can find a few minutes this evening I'll update my allotment thread!

<*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X