X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    more sploshy here too
    Dippy eggs and toast for breakfast. Yum!

Not sure which tasks to do today - loads to choose from so I’ll play it by ear. I do want to do some more weeding whilst the ground is soggy- they pull out so easily!

Glad to see Lottie has prioritised getting her plants up and running!…good on ya lass

Enjoy your day peeps.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Bit annoyed about my C&C Grory Hop yesterday. There was a box of cans of beer in the basket that I hadn't ordered so I handed it back, but then it wasn't till I unpacked everything back home I realised there were no eggs, oats and one or two other things. The (Saturday) staff must have completely mixed up orders and baskets. Wonder if whoever got them handed them back, as I did with the beer.

I got in touch and the price has been refunded as vouchers, but I'm without eggs and oats till my next shop.

I shall have to be inventive about breakfast for a few days

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
        Good afternoon.

Bit annoyed about my C&C Grory Hop yesterday. There was a box of cans of beer in the basket that I hadn't ordered so I handed it back, but then it wasn't till I unpacked everything back home I realised there were no eggs, oats and one or two other things. The (Saturday) staff must have completely mixed up orders and baskets. Wonder if whoever got them handed them back, as I did with the beer.

I got in touch and the price has been refunded as vouchers, but I'm without eggs and oats till my next shop.

I shall have to be inventive about breakfast for a few days

Oh dear! If you hadn't handed back the beers, breakfast might have been a little less important.

Comment

• evening all,had a lovely sunday dinner again,have slept for most off the day,as well as last night,hope all are well,sweet dreams all
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

A bit of a chilly one today, and looks like rain is on the cards. Tea's made, it's a big pot so help yourselves.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning everyone

Thanks Mothawk, I could do with a cuppa.
              13 degrees with dull skies and just spitting lightly here, I wonder if we might be in for a drop.

Happy Mondays
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all. LD, I'm jealous. I could do with all that sleep too. But you really must need it.

Thanks, mothhawk, I could do with a cup as well. Just whizzed round the veg patch with the watering can in record time.

Masses to do this morning, paid work-wise. Better get on with it, but would much rather do a bit of weeding! And sowing. But needs must.

Have a good one all. Smiles over by the pot. They seem in need of a drink too.

Comment

• Morning all. Been up all night with my dog having diarrhoea and needing to be taken out all night. I will try and get an hour at the allotment today, mainly weeding, weather permitting of course.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning it feels cool and damp out but no sign of rain yet, baking bread today not sure after that.

Enjoy your day.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and thanks for the brew. Dull and warm here. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all! Good start to the day here. Just had a text with a nice photo of my niece and her new baby. It doesn't seem any length of time since she was born (about 30 years unbelievably).
                        We're going care home visiting this morning (covid test first). It looks very grey outside at the moment. Maybe we'll get rain later.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dull and grey and 14 degs.
                          Trip to the post office first.
                          Hoping the sun will come out.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                            Just made a fresh brew- help yourselves.

Oh dear Snadge…hope it’s nothing serious and has settled now? Poor thing.

It looks like we’ve got the sunshine for now.

OH is about to cut back the ivy on the front of part of the house. We’ve checked there are no nesting birds…me?…more driveway weeding whilst they come out very easily.
                            It’s been a big job this year - had to do it twice because of the warm wet weather.
                            By July the soil underneath is usually bone dry so nothing can get established.
                            Still having to mow lawns every 5 days too - it’s usually once every 10 days by now at the most followed by about 8 weeks with no mowing as it dies back. Ah well…it looks lovely though

Best crack on!

Comment

• Raining quite steady at the moment, got to pick veg later for tonight's meal but I'll see if it eases off first.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Well - I’ve just done over 4 hrs weeding the drive and it’s starting to come together.
                                Could have done a bit more but got rained off.

I think I have worked up an appetite!
                                * tootles off to the fridge and freezer to see what needs using up….

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X