This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening,

I ended up going back to bed for a hour this morning after taking the OH to work. My food shop delivery came a hour earlier then planned so I manage to take my dog to the beach for abit this afternoon. It was packed but the dog loved it as he's never been to a beach before.
    He has had a bath and now currently lay at the side of me on the couch snoring away.

Carrie

Comment

• Just been watching a fox cub nervously plodding round the garden. Too brief and dark to grab a photo but lovely all the same.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Hello All,

another glorious day today, Didn't have much time to do anything today, i don't think i even made it to the greenhouse!

"Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• While I was at the allotment today the strap on my everyday handbag broke. Really annoying! Probably my own fault though as it does weigh quite a lot (enough so that if I'm in the car on my own and put it on the passenger seat the car starts beeping and telling it to put a seatbelt on.) So I've transferred most of the contents to another bag. Even I was quite surprised to find 2 spanners lurking in the bottom. ......I know one fits all the bolts in the greenhouse.....but I've no idea about the other.

It's still really warm here tonight. Hard to believe that only a week ago I was still putting hot water bottles in bed.

Comment

• Morning all
            Grey at the moment but forecast to brighten by this afternoon

Kettles on, help yourselves
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Managed to get a bit done in the garden yesterday, but not as much as I'd hoped. Very hot for putting down great wheel-barrow loads of muck. Had to keep ducking in under one of our oak trees to get cool. Must take a decent chair down there. So, plenty more still to do. Also, probably a lot more tired than I realised: had a four-hour nap in the afternoon and could have slept longer. Time to slow down on the paid work. Not in my thirties, forties or even fifties any more.

So plenty more to do in the garden today. Mr Snoop due to give me hand. Also need to keep an eye on the seedlings. My winter brassicas germinated much quicker than I expected. I checked them yesterday morning but they germinated and have gone gone leggy in just one day. Out now, but looking very spindly.

Also, not terribly convinced by cardboard in the no-dig method in our conditions. Possible too dry - the courgette plants are looking miserable, frankly, and they're the only plants with cardboard underneath them. Plus, you might get snails and slugs in the UK, but looks like what we get is scolopendra. Gets my heart racing every time I see one. Yesterday's was about 12 cm long but they do come much, much longer than that. Worse, though, lots of tiny ones went scattering as big fat momma attacked the back of my boot, missing my heel by no more than a centimetre.

Already had smiles here. Mr Snoop doesn't like big cornflakes or branflakes, so crushes them in the bag when he opens a new box. Bottom of the bag burst today. A first. Dogs get covered in branflake snow and are now having a feast. Probably about half the box gone. Mr Snoop takes it very well. "Plenty of calories to walk off for them there", he says.

Hope you have a jolly day. Smiles as per. I'll leave them by the kettle. Thanks for the cuppa, by the way, Mr Bones.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and hot here. WFH so see you later. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning we had a tiny bit of overnight rain but we're back to sunshine today.

Shopping shop but after that the days mine.

Enjoy your day.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

A bit cooler today. Should save on the allotment watering anyway.

TTFN
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all, sunshine has gone and been replaced with rain. My OH keeps telling me our country wouldn’t be as nice or as green as it is without the rain...but do we really need so much?!!
                      Shopping delivery today and domestics methinks, enjoy your day whatever you are doing. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        We had the dull day yesterday but we have beautiful sunshine today.
                        Off out for my walk in the park.
                        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                          Already walked dogs. Its a grey day here but I'm off food shopping anyway.
                          Have a good day .
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

cloudy and warm/ humid.....perfect for blight????

More weeding today of areas I’ve not touched since September. I’m deffo paying for not doing an Autumn clear up.

We seem to have loads of scarlet pimpernel on the gravel driveway which has sprung up over the past week...looks very pretty so I’m leaving those!

2nd AZ vaccine today, let’s hope I don’t bruise like I did last time

Must be time for another brew????
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snoop - I’ve just been goooogling your centipede/ millipede thingy

And then I stupidly followed a link to the Amazon varieties

*shudders......

Dont know why but most ‘insects’ / exoskeleton beings I’m fine with so long as they are small ( apart from a childhood dislike of earwigs- they always seemed to be hiding all over inside my parents caravan)

I think I now have acquired another one to my list....
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^Scolopendra are really something else. And they rarely come in ones... They terrify me. They can bite and sting, and I've even been told that every leg can deliver venom. I once saw one 20 cm long. I would never try and stamp on one. They can run like mad, snake from side to side and lift their head and tail off the ground. I bet they have absolutely no predators. Except my garden shears and spade. I wouldn't even take snips or a hand hoe to them. Definitely got to be long-handled to keep my hand well out of reach.

Edited: good luck with the jab. Was expecting we'd have our second one this week. Next week, maybe.
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 03-06-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X