This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Flo, Nicos and all

So, so sorry Lottie, deepest sympathies. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Forecast to warm up today, any chance of a brew Nicos?

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
      Grey and misty. Forecast for sun though , thatl make a change. Want to get lots of plants out of the greenhouse permanently today , maybe get some planted.
      Also have loads of washing to attend to, not so much fun.
      ​​​​I was out trying to buy jeans yesterday, I hate buying jeans. As you can't try anything on, bought and tried on here. Don't fit. But tried on some smaller jeans I have and they fit. Weight loss

On with dog walking. Will be thinking of you Lottie xx
      Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Weather looks set to be good. got some lupins to plant out, daff bulbs to move, and move pots that have finished flowering near the house, they'll go under the hedge for summer. I've bought a cylinder mower sharpening thingy that clips on the base blade so I'll try that out today, see if it works My mower hasn't had a proper sharpen since new, umpteen years ago, and it really doesn't cut at all well, so anything will be an improvement

Have a good day all.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

It rained late last night. Proper heavy rain, with thunder and lightning, though not for long. Lovely seeing the mist rising off the valley floor in the moonlight afterwards.

Got yet another mad day of work ahead. But the bean frame is going up this evening and the beans will go in. They're looking a bit tall, to be honest. Brought them in last night against the rain, seeing as they're unsupported, and they've been feeling about all over Mr Snoop's tool boxes and spanner sets to see if they can get purchase. Better take them out again this morning, just in case. Trying not to get my hopes up too much: they're looking better at the moment than any other climbing beans I've ever grown...

Have a good day, everyone. Hugs and smiles for them as wants them, both if that's what you need. Special hug for Lottie.

Comment

• Blinking ‘eco....we have 100% blue sky!

Bones....your tea is by the toaster
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lottie I'm thinking of you and your family at this sad time. xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                wall to wall sunshine here this morning, off out to make the most of it.
                Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Clouded over here for now, sitting in the lotty shed waiting for the kettle to boil
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• May your husband RIP Lottie Dolly,

Finished my front steps apart from the paving treads. Managed to get my jungle/lawn cut. Even found the edging shears and tried to delineate the edges

Going to sow loads of wild flowers seeds/bee friendly seeds in my wild area now.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Thankyou all so much,funeral is for thursday 10th june,catch up with you all in a few days xx
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dull but promising. Just found the tea Nicos, clock cold, but thank you anyway. Have a good day All
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thinking of you Lottie x
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Thinking of you, LD.

Due to be a little bit cloudy this morning. Phew, say the beans, which went out into their new home last night. Fingers crossed for them.

Frankie made it down to the veg patch on his own while we were putting up the frame and slowed us down by deciding he needed to tell the netting what's what. Definitely getting bigger and braver. Other cats getting a bit more tolerant, especially the ageing tom. Only problem with him as that he doesn't sleep as much as he did on first arrival and the dogs are getting fed up of being biffed by him when all they want is a good afternoon nap.

Ridiculously busy work day today, but am hoping to have a gardening weekend, so hoping to get a fair bit done then. The dogs could do with a decent long walk too.

I'll put the kettle on for another brew and leave the bag of smiles over by the biscuits (chocolate digestives, Nicos).

Comment

• Morning Flo, Snoop and all

Thoughts are with you Lottie

Not sure what's on the cards for today, still have a few bits to plant out into the plot but might pop up to Clumber Park for a walk pre the bank holiday rush. We can be out of the way on the allotment over the weekend while the crowds are out and about.
                              Changed my car on Monday and it'd be nice to take it for a bit of a run.
                              I'll take you up on the offer of a cuppa and biscuit Snoop, thanks

See you later
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

Thermometer is in double figures already, so maybe we will have a summer after all.

Caught a swarm of bees yesterday, an easy catch off a gravestone in the churchyard of the village next to mine. I have to decide whether to take them to my local association this morning, which means they will have been shut in for about 14 hours, or whether to let them out now, and shut them in again tonight and then take them. Need to decide soon....
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X