• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The heating engineer is here!
    Theres rather a lot of drilling going on
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all. It was a lovely sunny day here although there was a coolness in the breeze
      Spent the afternoon weeding and potting on my flower seedlings.
      I was a bit heavy handed when I was sowing them so I now have rather a lot.
      The ground is extremely dry as we have had no significant rain in the last few weeks.
      In spite of that some of my dahlias are up already.
      Hope everyone had a good day.
      Take care all and have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Morning not much sunshine around today never mind at least its not raining
        The sun came out it was just a bit late getting here so i spent the afternoon in the garden potting on and planting out.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening
          The weather got out lovely. It was cold in rhe wind at the front but sheltered from.it and warm at the back , I stayed at the back. Pottered doing some watering , potting on and seed sowing.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Good Morning All Light at 5.15 today. Bit chilly. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon’all

No frost again!... could get used to this

The days are definitely stretching out in both directions aren’t they?
              Last night we saw our bat flying out of the garage at 9.30 our time which is the latest yet thisSpring.

Off to market now to avoid the crowds- I need to buy an electric breadknife...I’d never have ever contemplated doing it except that apparently it’s the only way to neatly cut through a thick foam mattress and I can’t afford to mess things up as it’s a discontinued mattress.
              Right - no time for a brew... - see ya later peeps.
              Last edited by Nicos; 22-04-2021, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Morning all
                -1 and frosty, sun's up though so looks promising.

Enjoy your day
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                  Frosty again . Have seen to birds and emptyied everyone from the greenhouse already.
                  Heard the curlews singing in the early hours very early.
                  Enjoy your day, dogs to walk then gardening.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Mornin Flon’all
                    Off to market now to avoid the crowds- I need to buy an electric breadknife...I’d never have ever contemplated doing it except that apparently it’s the only way to neatly cut through a thick foam mattress and I can’t afford to mess things up as it’s a discontinued mattress.
                    Right - no time for a brew... - see ya later peeps.
                    An electric breadknife. I haven't seen one of them since about 1970 in France. I'd no idea they still made them. Good luck with the carving.

An elderly relative was discharged from hospital to a care home yesterday. Today I'll try and track down all her belongings that they've "lost" including her hearing aids. I'm sure the back covering, useless ****s will have a policy of "if you so much as ask a question we don't want to answer we'll say you were rude or abusive and put the phone down". Memo to self: record the call and think of nicer words than incompetent and uncaring‼🤯. This covid policy of no visiting is I am sure covering a multitude of sins and in the middle is a frightened old lady who hasn't been allowed any visitors and who can't hear so can't have even a phone call. Worse than prison! No wonder people won't go near. I do understand the reasons but it is inhumane.

Hopefully a trip to the allotment later to regain my inner calm.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 22-04-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                      Morning all
                      -1 and frosty, sun's up though so looks promising.

Enjoy your day
                      Same here MrBones frosts almost gone from the garden just some hiding in front of the wall.

Supermarket shop today, bread making, gardening and probably a walk.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Same here MrBones frosts almost gone from the garden just some hiding in front of the wall.

Supermarket shop today, bread making, gardening and probably a walk.
                        Double snap.. supermarket for us too..
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• No breadknife!
                          I’ve not seen one for years tbh and never wanted one, but things like that do linger on in France. Last chance will be online. Failing that I’ll just have to hack at it with a regular breadknife and hope I can do a reasonable job of it

Treated ourselves to a baguette sausage butty for breakfast and bought a black pudding for tonight. There must have been about 8 people at market so it’s good we got there early. Just about to have my morning brew!
                          Looks like we’re in for another sunny day here too

Comment

• Good luck gf....fingers crossed for you.

Comment

• Good morning all from a beautiful sunny Dublin.
                              All the plants are outdoors hardening off.
                              Going to the park for my walk and then a stroll along the seafront.
                              Afternoon in the garden weeding and prepping.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,nice out again,Nicos i have one of them,got for exactly the same purpose when we had our little old portafold,it was brill,the only problem was,me followed the line ok,but had a job keeping at the correct angle downwards,if you understand what i mean,same old here,trying my luck with a hoover,duster and window cleaning,so nice to see out clearly,
                                instead of a mist/muhuck,of to do some more,have a good day all thanks for the smiles Snoop,sent some back via satnav,just to make sure you catch some,have a good day everyone
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X