Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, hadn't planned a trip out today but toaster has just gone ( tripped the power off).
    Last edited by Containergardener; 18-04-2021, 09:35 AM.
    Northern England.

Comment

• Good morning all. We had a bit of rain overnight but the sun is breaking through right now.
      No plans for today just time in the garden and greenhouse.
      The cool breeze is gone and it feels positively summery.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Another frosty start.
        Indoor jobs today- there’s quite a chill wind out there.
        We have a stupid amount of eggs to use up so I can see a baking session coming on!
        I have half a jar of mincemeat in the fridge I was saving but I think it’ll be rather yummy inside some sponge buns.
        There’s something rather lovely about the smell of baking and an oven warmed kitchen when it’s cold and windy outside isn’t there?

Right...best crack on...and ta muchly for the smiles snoop - I seem to have picked one of the hyperactive ones this morning!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good day all,we not long woke up,looks nice and sunny out,there are no plans here,just bimble around ,have a good afternoon all and Bgood2yourselves.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Ooooh!
            I just fancy a ‘bimble’ lottie!
            sounds great fun!

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Took the dog for a long walk and called in at the graveyard to put a plastic/silk orchid in a vase on my Mam & Dads grave.

Kato embarrassed me by cocking his leg on another gravestone while I was taking a piccie for posterity.

Scrounged some bricks fro a project I am doing on the way back from my walk, so after dinner I will be round to pick them up with my wheelbarrow. looking at them there are about six wheelbarrow loads to cart away. Luckily its only about 1/4 of a mile away.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Mornin n’alln’all
                Another frosty start.
                Indoor jobs today- there’s quite a chill wind out there.
                We have a stupid amount of eggs to use up so I can see a baking session coming on!
                I have half a jar of mincemeat in the fridge I was saving but I think it’ll be rather yummy inside some sponge buns.
                There’s something rather lovely about the smell of baking and an oven warmed kitchen when it’s cold and windy outside isn’t there?

Right...best crack on...and ta muchly for the smiles snoop - I seem to have picked one of the hyperactive ones this morning!
                If you use up your mincemeat it is the easiest thing in the world to make. Basically dried fruit, booze and fat. Loads of recipes to choose from on google. Just type in traditional mincemeat. I use suet and brandy and I always put some glacé cherries in mine as well as whatever dried fruit is to hand. I added flaked almonds once but prefer it without. Some recipes leave it all raw, some cook it. Some use butter.

Comment

• So trip out was a waste of time. Couldn't get parked it was so busy. Shall order online instead. As we were not far away we nipped over to see my mum.
                  No gardening achieved today , was a tad cooler today too.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Good evening all. Well the lovely day I anticipated turned out dull, grey and cold.
                    I did nothing in the garden or the greenhouse, just pottered around.
                    A very quiet day.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, we've spent most of the day outside but its turned chilly in time to come indoors to cook our dinner
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-04-2021, 06:36 PM.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all
                        Cracking day yesterday, sun wasn't quite as strong but the air was warmer.
                        Light frost again today and it's now misty.

Happy Mondays
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                          Yey no frost , cloudy at the moment but forecast is sunny and 15degrees at one point. We had a lovely orange glow in the sky as the sun came up.
                          Bobzy (with a white tail stripe)robin was waiting so have put out some treats on the bird table then emptied the greenhouse of most things. No nip in the air for once.
                          Toaster and kettle being delivered today , dogs to walk and a day in the garden beckons
                          Enjoy your day.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Morning all.

Lucky folk with no frost. And lucky me because I did toy with the idea of leaving my seedlings out. Fortunately I didn't because we have an almighty frost this morning.

Mr Snoop off to do our grory hop this morning. Me, I'm dog-sitting, waiting for it to warm up before going dog-walking. Loads to get through today but just about on course. Scything and weeding on the cards for me, as well as the paid work.

If you spot any things floating about looking a bit like butterflies, that's the smiles. I let them out for a bit. But they'll be happy to be grabbed as they go by.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

brrrr!
                              Yet another frost here too...not good news as one of my pear trees is now in flower.
                              I really am wondering if I’m going to get and fruit off the trees at all this year

Cg....I did try making mincemeat a couple of years ago but didn’t have any suet and it didn’t taste the same. Or maybe it was a rubbish recipe?
                              I’ve never seen suet for sale here but have brought Atora back from time to time.
                              Sadly as it stands I don’t think I can import suet nor mincemeat with suet in it at the moment. I did spot a couple of jars back in January over here which obviously was brought over pre Brexit so I snapped those up to have in stock and they should have a decent shelf life.

Your comments did lead me to researching how to make my own suet by rendering down fat from around beef kidneys - so I’m sure the local butcher will give/ sell me some.
                              Has anyone made their own suet? I’m sure my granny just used to chop the fat finely and use that in her dumplings/ pastry.

Comment

• Thanks for the smiles Snoop...much appreciated!...
                                We have no heating at the moment
                                No wood left small enough for the wood fire and the central heating oil has run out Thank goodness we ordered a delivery for this morning...I really thought what we had left would be plenty, but hadn’t expected this frost pay snap to continue for so long!

Looks like OH will be playing a bit more with his chainsaw this morning!

Enjoy your day peeps - looks like my grory hop is going ahead tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X