Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, the snow is melting, we must have had at least an inch and a half to two inches settle yesterday, not looked in the greenhouse yet as I slept like a stone last night, must be the 2nd covid jab, but I don't feel as tired as I did after the first one.

Comment

• Wow . I'm pleased ours was melting as it came down Burnie.

Just had some more of the same today....and now more
      Last edited by Containergardener; 11-04-2021, 11:28 AM.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Spoke too soon. After a day of sun wind and hail showers. Its snowing big flakes and settling. Noticed the roads were gritted when we took dogs out and some black clouds looming.

Oh well after pottering in the greenhouse today , fire is lit and its cosy in here.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Evening n'alln'all

Didnt feel very well today...first time for months apart from after the Covid jab. Something I must have eaten maybe?
          Anyway, I had a very quiet day in front of the fire researching more of my family tree and snoozing.
          Didnt miss much outside-it’s been very much mixed weather but mild compared to some of you.

MH, one of the first things I noticed when we came out here is that desserts and cakes and biscuits are much less sweet than in the uk.
          I’m used to them now but always notice the difference when we visit the uk.
          I’d love to see a copy of that recipe if poss cos I’m often at a loss of that to do with all the apples we get each year!

Keep safe out there peeps...see you tomorrow
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you're feeling better today, Nicos.

Dark at the moment but all my newly sown seeds will basking outdoors today, as it's due to be bright and sunny. Mr Snoop is highly amused: I keep going out to check to see if anything else has germinated in the five minutes since I last looked...

Busy day ahead, so I'd better step on it. I'll put the kettle on. The bag of smiles is positively bursting this morning so take as many as you can manage.

Have a good 'un. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all.
              Hope you're feeling better Nicos. Promising looking day today, -2c but sunny and less breeze forecast.

Happy Mondays
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
                -6 and sunny . Have checked gh as left some seedlings overnight . They seem ok ..phew.
                Have thawed birdbath and topped up feeders and the woodpecker was first arrival today.
                Forecast for sun today but I've an appt this afternoon . Plan to call in been&queue while out .
                I expect roads may be busier today with shops opening and caravan sites be caravans and motorhomes on the move again.

Hope you are feeling better Nicos.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning a frosty start but now the suns out the garden's warming up and plants have been taken out and cloches lifted.

Hope you feel better today Nicos x
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hope you're feeling better Nicos. Two meetings on screen today and typically my haircut is not until tomorrow. Now how do you do a turban? Have a good day in this sunshine, well it is here though still freezing!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. No frost here and its 6 degs.
                      From today we are allowed to travel up to 20km so are heading out to a few places we have been waiting to visit.
                      Nicos, hope you are feeling better today.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• HI all,sorry not been in for a while,what peculiar weather we all getting,still no date,it has been chased up,but somehow seem to be getting a run around ,but all in hand as our new home agent is on the case as is son,from this morning ho hum,
                        WE had our viewing last Thursday,all is well,even MR is happy with it,it has a walled garden,but as yet not known who owns what side,nothing on the land registry,one side looks like apple trained along,maybe 2 sorts,or 1 a pear ,cannot tell yet as only just broken leaf,the leaves look the same,but the centre is a bit different,mmmmmm i feel like Alice in wonderland,things here have been all over the place,i feel like packing EVERY THING up,and living with just the basics,as they say out the bag hahaha,need to start my few seeds of this week,hope all are well,i shall now go and have a quick look back over the pages
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                          Feeling a bit better today thanks. Still not quite there.....but the smiles have helped thanks Snoop, and the sun is shining and the frost has melted, so all is good! At least this will help my diet!!

Enjoy your trips out Bramble...got flask will travel eh? Anywhere specific you’ve been looking forward to going?

You’ll not be the only one Flo with ‘Covid hair’ (I always cut my OHs hair but he’s been using that as the excuse to grow his- and yes it does suit him!)
                          I do wonder if people will change the way they do things like that once life becomes more ‘normal’?
                          Will people be happy/ proud to have grey hair...will they be happy not to spend a fortune on regular cuts and colouring/ having nails and eyebrows done at salons....? It’ll be interesting to see!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. It's sunny with big white fluffy clouds here. Went for a walk round the footpaths this morning and saw not a soul. All those dog-walkers must be hitting the shops! Me, I've never enjoyed shopping, and quite frankly there's nothing I really need to buy. I do need a haircut, I usually wear my hair very short and having it shoulder-length is annoying, but I can live with it for a while yet.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mines shoulder length at the moment, flits between long and bobbed. Its very thick so drives me mad.
                              This mornings walk was in the sun along the river bank. Forgot my hair bobble (always have one) but luckily had a mask in my coat pocket from whenever, a quick tug of the ties and an instant bobble was made.

On with the day.
                              Hope you get a date soon Lottie, so frustrating.
                              Northern England.

Comment

• Glad you are starting to feel better Nicos. Sunny day here, but chilly. The car was frozen solid first thing. I have got a haircut booked for tomorrow. My husband has got a haircut and chiropody visit booked. At the moment he looks like a cross between Einstein and Boris and is hobbling. Shopping can wait until the queues die down but I must get shoes and sandals soon to I'll be going barefoot. My sister says regardless of the weather she'll be having a half or two of beer outside the local rugby club......I must say the thought of that is appealing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X