This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad your car passed the MOT snoop.
    No gardenning of any kind here at all today. I keep peeping at the last lot of seeds I planted 3 days ago in the hope of seeing a bit of green appearing ...... but not yet. I tend to be a bit impatient.
    It is really cold here tonight but the car hasn't turned into an ice cube yet.
    I got a text earlier from a curtain twitching old lady (friend of one of the in-laws). It obviously wasn't meant for me although I was mentioned in it and it wasn't very nice. I am now trying to think of a (preferably humerous) way of teaching the sender a lesson. 🤔

Comment

• Morning all.

Pitch black out there still and very cold, unsurprisingly. Got up early to get a bit of work out the way but had to drop in to say hello. A very quiet hello. I'll just put the kettle warming and get cups ready for you all. And then tiptoe out...

Have a good day, everyone. Smiles all round, as per.

Comment

• Morning all, and a very chilly one again. Yesterday's sprinkling of snow is all crisp and crunchy with frost.

GF, please don't retaliate against your curtain twitcher, laugh it off and forget it. Everyone sometimes says bitchy things they don't really mean at times - and unfortunately modern technology means our words can live on and not fade away with the new day.
        If we knew what everyone said about us all the time we'd never speak to a soul again. Show a generous spirit and rise above it. Remember we are living in strange and unsettling times. If you must do something, then be kind. Send a big bunch of flowers with a note to say you hope it will make her feel more cheerful and happy. That will do more to change her opinion of you than any show of spite.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all
          Glad your car passed Snoop, is that kettle still warm?

High broken cloud with a bit of sun and -2C but thankfully the wind has dropped for now.

Enjoy your day folks
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning
            Dog woke us at 4.30 so that was our sleep gone while she got herself settled down comfy again
            another frost , we had sun but that seems to have disappeared. Walk shortly which will no doubt be freezing cold again. Enjoy your day .
            Last edited by Containergardener; 07-04-2021, 06:32 AM.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              Morning all, and a very chilly one again. Yesterday's sprinkling of snow is all crisp and crunchy with frost.
              Its the same here Mothhawk no snow on the paths just the lawn and beds once the sun heats up my GH the Toms will be going out for the day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mothhawk you are so wise and kind!
                I must say that on a beautiful sunny morning the world always seems a nicer place generally......even if the temperature is only 1°C out there.
                Joy..... I have got an appointment with the hairdresser for next Tuesday!!!! I resisted hacking at it a couple of weeks ago when temptation nearly got the better of me so there is over 3 months growth. I'll feel like a sheep that's been shorn. I might even lose a couple of pounds in weight!!

Comment

• I so need a haircut! Lucky GF!

https://youtu.be/H_aN8i7htmE?t=49
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, suns out, it's dry but still a bitter wind, it's supposed to be dropping and moving from the west, but no signs yet. SWMBO is counting down the days to when I get my 2nd jab and can then have a hair cut, not been done for over a year and mine is now quite a way down my back and almost as long as hers!! It doesn't bother me as when younger I went 25 years without a hair cut lol. (doesn't look quite so cool when it's silver though ....................)

Comment

• Good Morning All On a coffee break. Very sunny but freezing. My haircut is next Tuesday too - excited. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                        Ta muchly for the early cuppa Snoop ...very much appreciated as it was rather chilly indoors this morning.
                        Looking out of the window it turned out we had had over 1cm of snow!

Wise words indeed MH - I like your way of thinking x

Not sure what today will bring... hopefully more pottering about in the garden. We have a sun trap by our back door so I may well be found there clearing up the overgrown bed if the sun stays out.
                        The snow has almost gone...I’m not THAT nutty to try and weed through a layer of snow!

Enjoy your day peeps ...I can sense lots of rary smiles flitting around in the air
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. A very dull overcast and cold morning.
                          Some errands to do this morning and then a walk in the park.
                          Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Time for a ponytail or plait, burnie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              Time for a ponytail or plait, burnie?
                              My daughter asked me if I wanted to borrow a bobble last weekend, cheeky monkey.

Comment

• Hello All, Very frosty again this morning, there was even a thin layer of last nights snow on my car this morning.

Spent the late part of last night building a little tractor for my son, I'd love a little bit of land as there is someone local who is selling a real one quite cheap... but alas, i dont think its worth it for the 25m square garden... i doubt i could convince MrsD anyway

Happy Wednesday All
                                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                                - Henry Beard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X