X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    A lovely sunny morning here.
    Out for lunch with my son and family this afternoon.

Jay, talking about seagulls.
    A pair of seagulls have made a homeand had young ones in a vacant garden.
    The family who live next door have been attacked several times when they go into their own garden.
    When they asked for advice they were told to sit it out and the seagulls would be gone by July,

Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What a nice a peaceful start to a sunny Sunday...OH is playing with next door’s petrol shredder
      Its one of those industrial ones and for some reason makes me think of Fargo

To be fair, it’s much more powerful than our electric one and much quicker.

More mowing today - it’s every 5 days at the moment so we’re sharing duties. Once the summer properly arrives we get several weeks where it just stops growing and crispens in the heat....so role on summer...please!

Must be time for a brew?????

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, Nicos and all. Another brew,yes please, I was just going to make one myself, but I'll share yours, and I have H/M biscuits - macaroons, ginger thins, or fruit Shrewsburys, take your pick. Lunch is all prepped so I'm ready for a sit-down, ta.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Oooo...yum!
          Ginger thins please

Thank you
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Fargo shredder Nic
            Not got anything garden wise done yet . I will join in with a cuppa, hot chocolate for me
            Northern England.

Comment

• "Is that your friend you're putting in the chipper?" One of Mr Snoop's favourite lines ever.

Nice biscuits, mothhawk. Haven't had fruit Shrewsburys for, oooh, thirty years I reckon. But I'll pass today. Went on a grory hop this morning with Mr Snoop and found what are very nearly hobnobs. Bit thinner and maybe not quite as sweet. But extremely good. I only had two, honest. Mind you, I did also have a sticky bun earlier...

All good here. Rained a bit overnight and this morning, but bright now so off to do a bit more in the veg patch. Starting to feel like it's coming together at long last. And plenty of time to clear a bit of extra space for leeks down in the fields. I could do with some flowers, though. And maybe some more herbs.

I can feel a nap will be needed this afternoon, so better get out in the garden first, before I nod off in the chair.

Have a great afternoon, everyone. I'll leave some smiles over by the kettle so you can grab them if you fancy an afternoon cuppa.

Comment

• Afternoon, it’s been raining of and on since my last post so not much done outdoors today. Garden does look good for it though
                Ginger biscuits are my fave they’re the only ones I really eat then it’s only one or two a week. Now carrot cake I could eat the lot
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all

Did a bit of grocery shopping earlier so concentrating on making the Sunday dinner now with Toblerone cheesecake for afters.
                  Once the birds have finished eating the crusts I threw out on the lawn, and weather permitting, I think I'll try and get the lawn cut. Some areas that I over seeded have eventually germinated but should be ok to go over with a rotary cutter.

Thee still appears to be a few 'bugs' in the forum and hopefully the powers that be are aware of it?

TTFN and have a nice relaxing Sunday if you can.
                  Last edited by Snadger; 06-06-2021, 01:53 PM. Reason: Wrong threw spelling!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• I am beginning to suspect that my husband is enjoying the sympathy he is getting from the oversized foam sling he is wearing. .......Maybe I am not the most sympathetic spouse in the world, but at least he appreciates the fact that I didn't let him bleed to death and rushed him to A & E with his "SCRATCH". I have discovered that he didn't break 3 panes of glass, the actual total is 6.
                    The tomatoes have really settled in well now and today I was given some very health brassicas. This morning we were care home visiting. Tomorrow I hope to get several hours at the allotment and get lots planted.
                    I also don't think hubby was impressed when I said I was glad to see his wrinkles again until he realised I meant that the swelling was subsiding.
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 06-06-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Hello All,

Our neighbour works in a bakery and will often throw pretty much whole loaves of bread on the front lawn for the birds which end up normally just being seagulls, despite living about 15 miles inland and in the middle of nowhere!

I do love a good cup of tea and a biscuit (although I'm dangerous with them, i could destroy an entire pack!)

Glad to hear Mr GF is on the mend, we still have the blood stained tea-towel in a box somewhere from when MrsD did something similar years back on pancake day. Where we live, is one of the furthest point from a hospital in England so was somewhat of a rush to get there!.. and i didnt get any pancakes either!
                      "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                      - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull start. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Bit brighter here (just down the road from Flo - ok, 40 miles or so..)

Not sure what we're up to today but kettles on if you want one
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, all.

Very slow start to the day. And it's very bright already. Don't think I'll get much done outside before I need to come back in due to the heat. Spreading all the muck 10 cm or so thick is quite hard work! But had a very productive evening yesterday.

Catch you all later. Have a good one, everyone. Smiles all round.

Comment

• Morning all

Some sand to procure this morning then hopefully finish laying the new steps to the front door. Hadrian built his wall quicker than I have built these steps, but the end is nigh now anyway and they are looking pretty good.

Bit of seed sowing and watering later should see the day out.

TTFN
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning yesterdays rain did the garden good and my water butts no more due today though. On the plans for today seed sowing, weeding and planting out.

enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X