X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^^ oh wow!….how fantastic! Good for you!

Mornin n’alln’all

Just woken to the smell of baking fresh bread.
    OH had some dough rising overnight - I should suggest he does that again- it’s a wonderful smell to wake up to!

no idea what today has in store as yet, but there are no clouds, it’s not raining, and it’s not cold…sounds like ideal gardening weather!

Time for a brew……

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Glad you are safe bramble…. Have you got another week there?
    Nicos, just finished our first week today.
    We have another three to go,

We always come for the four weeks but it's usually November and February or March.
    Wont come in September again as it's too hot in the daytime for walking which we love.
    The temp has topped 30degs most days.
    Not complaining...just saying. 😃😃

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Glad you are safe bramble…. Have you got another week there?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    ^D

Bren In Pots, if you've got a vessel with straight sides (not tapering or curving), then it's a perfectly acceptable way to measure rainfall. If your trug were straight-sided, 4 cm would be 40 litres of rain per square metre (1 mm = 1 litre). The bigger the vessel, the more accurate it is.
    Thanks Snoop I’ll remember that for next time.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Smiles heading in your direction, Bramble. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning Snoop and all.
    Thanks for your concern but we are far away from the forest fires which are in Estapona.
    We are east of Malaga, about 15 miles from Nerja.
    Scorching weather but so breezy, sand storm weather yesterday afternoon.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    ^Definitely not too soon for another brew. I'll join you. Sorry, got no cake to go with it. The last went to friends yesterday.

Bren In Pots, if you've got a vessel with straight sides (not tapering or curving), then it's a perfectly acceptable way to measure rainfall. If your trug were straight-sided, 4 cm would be 40 litres of rain per square metre (1 mm = 1 litre). The bigger the vessel, the more accurate it is.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Te he gf….I’d freak out a lot more if it had been a rat….. mice in the house in the countryside is the norm, but deffo not rats indoors

mice can get through a hole the size a pencil could squeeze through …it’s going to take some finding ! We’ve traps both upstairs and down. Process of elimination…

Pwew…I bet your handbag stank….I wouldn’t like to find that tbh.

Cant blame them I suppose wanting to move indoors now the summer has come to an end!

Is it too soon for another brew?

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Mornin n’alln’all

What a rubbish night sleep wise
    Hibou brought me a massive dead wood mouse for a belated midnight snack and then A couple of hours later I was woken by a clunking sound…Hibou carrying up our wooden staircase a mousetrap with a dead house mouse

Yesterday we had a massive downpour of hailstones followed by heavy rain - flattening loads of plants.
    I now have horizontal hollyhocks.

Lots of domestics for me and trying to find where the mice are getting in.

Time for other brew?….
    You are so calm!! I would be freaking out if I was you. I am absolutely phobic about mice, and we won't even think about their larger cousins.
    I didn't have a problem with them as a child. I think everything went wrong when one curled up and died in a handbag that I only used rarely..... and I found it. I hope you find out where they are coming from.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

What a rubbish night sleep wise
    Hibou brought me a massive dead wood mouse for a belated midnight snack and then A couple of hours later I was woken by a clunking sound…Hibou carrying up our wooden staircase a mousetrap with a dead house mouse

Yesterday we had a massive downpour of hailstones followed by heavy rain - flattening loads of plants.
    I now have horizontal hollyhocks.

Lots of domestics for me and trying to find where the mice are getting in.

Time for other brew?….

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Just measured the rainwater in the trug I left out yesterday its 4cm full i know its not the correct way but it does give me some idea how much fell.

Hair cut today then some shopping and gardening, but that's about it.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning all, not quite as hot but cloudy here. We had a few light showers yesterday afternoon and evening but nothing major. I didn't see any lightening but the thunder kept having a rumble. Rain forecast for this afternoon but we shall see..... My sister is calling round at the allotment later. I imagine the courgettes will have ballooned and multiplied again.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Just read the news about the forest fire in the Malaga area. If anyone hears from Bramble, send me a smile back to let me know she's OK.

Rained a bit late last night. Went out to find snails and slugs everywhere. We used not to have a problem with slugs. Horrible things. The tomato plants are now on their last legs. They look even worse in torchlight. Lifted a Rouge Sang carrot and ate it. My previous harvest was red throughout, this one was half the right colour on the outside but orange in the middle. Nice taste, but not what I was expecting. No idea if the aberrant ones were my first lot or these ones.

Nothing for the Vine shows from me except maybe leeks. And I keep lifting the best ones to cook with or give to friends.

Right, that's enough whinging from me. There's always next year...

No idea what the smiles are up to. Frankie went charging through them this morning and they scattered. I presume they'll have regrouped somewhere and headed off in your direction.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Didn't get any work done outside yesterday because the weathr forecasters got it wrong again and I had planned to use the supposed inclement weather to get some stuff done indoors. It turned out to be a nice day outdoors.
    I don't know why we bother with weather forecast as they seem to get it wrong so many times. I often wonder about the poor people who rely heavily on weather forecasts for their livelihood and are quite often let down by these pen pushers sitting behind a desk and 'guessing' what the weather is going to do. Anyway, rant over for this morning!

Trip to the allotment on the cards today, weather permitting!

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Flo and all

Had a shower of rain last night but it doesn't seem to have been much. Warm and overcast here.

Happy Fridays

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X