X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    Just back from our outing.
    No rain here either even though a couple of thunderstorms were forecast.

The charity shop were thrilled with our donations - well worth the long journey.

I’ve not heard of roasted grapes either , but I bet it brings out the sweetness like roasted rhubarb?
    One thing I’ve done with seedless grapes is gently heat them in a pan , just stirring them constantly.No liquid.
    They are much sweeter than fresh ones and can also be put in a pudding, or served with ice cream etc.

I’ve just made a brew- help yourselves!
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-09-2021, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Gosh, mothhawk, I'd love a cup of tea. Only problem is, I'm a bit tied up with work. If there are any smiles still hanging around, could you send one back my way with a little thermos flask? I'll send it back tomorrow with more smiles.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Afternoon all.
    Thanks for sending some smiles my way, Snoop, much appreciated. Boy, it's hot, isn't it? Where's all the rain? I've not seen anything more than a 5 minute sprinkle since June. The only thing I water is the runner beans plus the 2 apples in their pots, so all the flowers are rapidly going to seed and turning brown and crispy... except the cosmos, which is growing in shade and staying quite happy.
    Afternoon tea-time - kettle's on if anyone would like to pop round

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Wow Snadgar, seems you can turn your hand to anything.
    Lovely work.

Leave a comment:

• Ms-T
    replied
    Wow Snadger , thay are fantastic

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    By jiminy, Snadger, I felt a bit impertinent asking. But I'm so glad I did. Those look amazing. What a tremendous skill to have. I'd love to see the sculpture when you've finished it.

Went out and watered this morning. Picked off another load of snails from the caulis and cabbages. Looks like I'm growing fancy lace out there. I hope they pick up again and aren't checked too badly by the damage. Also, looks like some of my tomato plants have a fungal disease. Not blight but not good. What a year... That said, I picked another goodness knows how many kilos of courgettes (a green one that looks like it could be hollowed out for interstellar travel) and the butternut squash plants have responded to having all the fruit cut off by bunging out loads of female flowers. Bit late mind, but you never know in these climate change days.

Plenty of work to keep me busy again. And friend from up the valley has come down for a cup of tea. So better go and be sociable. Not my best talent, but if I feed them cake they can't talk with their mouths full so I don't have to answer.

Right, smiles on the loose. Chisit-land is on the route today and they spotted your gates and fence, Snadger, so I'm sure they'll be up your way to admire them. Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning its another sunny day here

I've picked lots of raspberries more than I needed for my breakfast so the rest has gone in the freezer they'll be something to brighten up cold winter mornings.

Greenishfing have you tried roasted grapes I remember seeing recipes for them as an appetizer or in pie with cheese.

Nice looking metal work Snadger

enjoy your day.

I've never heard of roasted grapes but I've just googled them and they sound amazing. I'll be experimenting in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Good grief Snadge - those are superb….very professional. Most impressed!

Looks like today is the last heatwave day here too - rain forecast later on.

I did manage to sit in the paddling pool for a while again yesterday but it looks like that might be the last chance as we’re off to the charity shop later so that’s an afternoon out in the camper again.
    We bought a sail and two telescopic poles a while back but it needed suction attachments for the car roof.
    Frustratingly the cups only arrived this week having ordered them back in June
    The cups came highly recommended so fingers crossed the wait was worthwhile!
    As it’s looking though, we’ll be needing brollies rather than sunshade this afternoon!

Ta muchly to whoever left the brew out for me. Best get on sorting a few more things poor the charity shop….

Enjoy your day peeps- see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its another sunny day here

I've picked lots of raspberries more than I needed for my breakfast so the rest has gone in the freezer they'll be something to brighten up cold winter mornings.

Greenishfing have you tried roasted grapes I remember seeing recipes for them as an appetizer or in pie with cheese.

Nice looking metal work Snadger

enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I got woken up with a big kick this morning. My husband's excuse, he didn't think I was there. He thought I'd already got up. I suppose this proves that the thick bedroom curtains are doing there job as the sun is out already and it's very bright. However I believe today is supposed to be the last day of the current mini heatwave. Better make the most of it. I need to do more strimming while it is dry.
    Off to the allotment soon. My husband is going to the surgery this afternoon for his ears syringing. Maybe tomorrow morning he will hear me!
    My Black Hamburg grapes are giving lots of fruit now. I am giving bunches and bunches of them away. I wish I could keep them for Winter. I did try making grape jelly one year and it was disgusting. I've also frozen some in the past to use as ice cubes.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    The above are gates and fences I have made for my front door. I am on making roses for a project just now and am half way through a dog sculpture.
    They are a real work of art. Brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    The above are gates and fences I have made for my front door. I am on making roses for a project just now and am half way through a dog sculpture.
    They look superb Snadger - nice craftsmanship

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Good news about Kato, Snadger. I'm intrigued by the blacksmithing. What kind of things do you make?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UDVD9148.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	2532776

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Flo and all

15 degs and forecast for another hot one (hit 28 yesterday and humid with it). Could be a splash or rain for tomorrow so might get the hedge cut today.

have a good one - Kettle's on

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X