• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A beautiful sunny day here.
    Out to the beach and for a walk along the prom.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Breakfast was bacon, eggs, toms on a sourdough oatcake so a good start to the day, no real plans here just gardening and walking.

Enjoy your chat with your grandaughter Nicos with 2 teeth she's going to look cute xx

Take care Snadger hope you're ok today.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning all. It actually looks quite bright out. Maybe an early trip to the allotment. Mr gf says he is feeling good today as well so maybe a trip to the hospital to see his sister this afternoon. Sometimes it's possible to park quite close on a Sunday (no out-patients and office staff)and she is now on a ward which isn't quite as far from the entrance. He feels awful about not visiting too often but the only consolation is she won't remember. Hard to believe a year ago she was more or less living independently.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Beef joint is in the oven but there's too much for one so I will have to freeze half after its cooked. Opened a tin of tomatoes for my full english yesterday so half of those went in with the beef.
    Had to have a trip to the local hospital last night but back home now with some medication so hopefully on the mend again.I'll have to see what the weather does today but would like to play with my anvil if possible.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning Nicos and all.

A fresh brew, lovely! I'm just ready for another cup. Ta muchly Nicos!

Have a lovely Sunday all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Think I might skip breakfast this morning - still feeling full after last nights supper
    Blue skies but a chill start to the day again. More gardening

I’m hoping at some point to chat with/ at my granddaughter today using iPads instead of an iPhone - it’ll be good to see a bigger version of her , especially as she now has two bottom teeth to show us!

Clearly time for a brew though…help yourselves!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ nice one!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Bren - did you come away from the charity shop with something? I can never resist buying something even if it’s just a book or birthday card. I picked up a children’s bedtime story book when we went earlier this week - they guy refused payment after all we’d given him.
    Nicos our charity shop sells goods donated from Amazon so there's always new stuff I got some strong netting for my tall pea frame and a t-shirt brand new with tags.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    The smiles were here Snoop - they’d been laughing their heads off at my first attempt ever to make fresh orecchiette.
    They are fully recharged and heading Norf as I speak.

I’ve checked up on the brambles and there are a few black ones which are still very sour or just plain tasteless…I ‘ll check again in a few days.
    I like the sound of raspberry and blackberry jelly gf

Bren - did you come away from the charity shop with something? I can never resist buying something even if it’s just a book or birthday card. I picked up a children’s bedtime story book when we went earlier this week - they guy refused payment after all we’d given him.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend …see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    The sun popped it's head out unexpectedly earlier so I decided to go to the allotment before I made the bramble jelly. As there was a couple of handfuls of raspberries ready the bramble jelly has now become raspberry and blackberry jelly and I actually think it is better than the Bramble. Lots of stuff to pick even though I only picked yesterday. The sun has hidden itself away again but it's not really cold.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Afternoon all.

The day has proper run away with me. Woke up about ten minutes before getting-up time, decided to have a ponder on the day ahead before getting up and then woke up three hours later... Bit of a minor disaster as we've got friends coming for a socially distanced pizza or four.

Anyway, at least it's pizza, not some fancy dinner. Got to make a frangipane fig tart, but that won't take too much effort.

Very hot at the moment, but due to get cloudy later, so I'll do a bit of quick watering then.

Hope you all have a lovely rest of the day. Absolutely no idea where the smiles are. They obviously got bored waiting for me to get up.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.
    Sun's out here too, Bren, but still lots of clouds as well. Thre's a nice breeze blowing to freshen the air so I may go out for a walk round the fields. I don't usually at the weekend as there are so many other people walking/ambling/running around the footpaths, mostly with dogs that have no manners and jump up with mucky paws. The owners don't seem to see a problem with that. I hate badly trained dogs owners!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning it was cloudy earlier but now the suns out.

No shopping today so I'll have a wonder around the charity shops I've got some seeds and a few other things to donate.

Enjoy your day.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Thick grey cloud at the moment but I don't think it's supposed to rain (that probably means a heavy downpour). I picked more blackberries yesterday and put them through the jelly bag so sugar to add this morning.
    I think it'll be quite pleasant at the allotment later. My sister called at the allotment yesterday. She's off to an agricultural show today and has entered numerous items in the preserves and bakery sections. She also took some of my grapes, apples and pears none of which look that good this year.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Morning Nicos and all

Overcast and 17 degs for us

Enjoy the weekend

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...