Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Bright but cold here. Pan's on. Arm ache Bren? Hope you feel better soon. Have a lovely Sunday All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all - just.

The sun is at last showing it's colours, though the wind is chilly. I can judge how the year is moving on by how far down the back garden fence the sun reaches. When it finally touches the soil, I know Spring has truly sprung! Not quite there yet, so I'm not the least inclined to do any sowing or planting yet
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Another frosty start to the day
        Busy week ahead...vaccine for me and a burpday. No idea what else but as usual there’s loads to choose from!

Today is deffo a day for sorting out my Charlotte and Desiree spuds...it’ll be nice to finally get them chitting.

You feeling a bit better today Bren?

Yesterday we had a lovely chat with our granddaughter....one week old already!
        She was mining a lovely story about knocking on a door and opening the curtains and waving hello to the birds outside and beckoning them in to sample the buffet she was presenting them. Either that or she was practicing semaphore
        Whatever it was, it was lovely, and then she finished off with a bout of hiccups ...delightful! Te he....thank goodness for the internet!

Croissants and toast for breakfast...help yourselves.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bet that was a lovely chat, Nicos.

Weather out could be described as Lake District drizzle if it weren't for all the red Sahara dust coming down with it. Very strange. When I went to bed yesterday, one website was forecasting 22.7 mm of rain, now it's just 3.4. The other one says heavy rain all day.

Plenty of work to keep me busy indoors. Trying to stay jolly but getting a bit fed up, to be honest. Anyway, at least we managed to finish the fencing yesterday. Time to buck up my ideas and get a move on.

Hope you all have a great day. Hope you're feeling better, Bren.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly day. WFH today. How lovely Nicos! Soldier on Snoop. Hope Bren is ok. Have a good day All
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning I feel back to normal today just a bit of arm ache, oddly my arm ached much more when I had my flu jab.

Must have been lovely to 'see' your granddaughter Nicos xx
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-03-2021, 09:18 AM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Cold, grey, drizzly and generally miserable today. I've not been on here much this last week as I'd probably have just moaned non-stop. But, hopefully things are now improving.
                At the moment I am seriously considering having a hack at my fringe with the kitchen scissors as it is driving me mad.

Comment

• Greenishfing MrPots cuts my hair, it was funny at first he's say things like 'you do have a hat don't you?' he did want to use the Wahl trimmer but I chickened out though that would be too short. Give it a go it can only grow back.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. The sun is trying to make an appearance.
                    Like everybody else very fed up at this stage.
                    There are only so many walks you can do within 5 km.
                    Anyway, out to the park for another walk.
                    Glad your feeling better Bren.
                    Try to stay upbeat and have a good day all.
                    Nicod, glad you got to wave at your granddaughter.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all!! Is it your birthday Nicos? Have a lovely day!
                      isn’t FaceTime wonderful, we have had a few chats with our granddaughter too, can’t wait for that first cuddle!!
                      Well it’s chucking it down here, has been since last night!! It was lovely yesterday so had a nice long walk, today’s will be shorter but with waterproofs!!
                      Enjoy your day everyone, glad you are feeling better Bren. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, quite pleasant sort of day, been for a walk earlier and spent some time in the greenhouse, Leeks and Onions need looking after, Broad beans are popping through, Strawberries are putting on new growth too, the days are proper getting longer now, lovely dawn chorus this morning, even a Skylark wandered over from the fields to join in.

Comment

• ^^^^ vaccination is this Thursday and burpday the following day. That’s why I was wondering about postponing the vaccination a couple of days.

OH is playing with his chainsaw in the garden today...I daren’t go and look what he’s up to!

Comment

• Hello All.

I finally cut my Leylandii hedge over the weekend (first time in 3 years due to a nesting bird!) so have 2 x 1 ton bags full of clippings to deal with... its an excuse to use the shredder if nothing else.

i'm slowly working through my list of "Projects". once the garage is finished, i'll be starting on the extension of the vegetable patch. going to be going from a large exclamation point to one big line. it will be wider (about 2 ft wider) and moved slightly away from the fence as i can't quite get the lawnmover down the side (gap is about 1 inch too small!!)
                            "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                            - Henry Beard

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                              Glad to hear everyone is well, and lovely that you've seen your new granddaughter, Nicos.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Looks like OH was attacking our willow hedge. He’s taken it down to about 6” ..it won’t take long to recover.
                                Hes also thinned out our hazel tree which was copiced as a baby and now throws off about 30 stems of differing thicknesses. We should be able to use some of those stems/ posts for garden ‘art’ and shred the rest.
                                I love using the shredder too Peteyd! Just got to get at it before OH does!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X