This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Ok Thank you.....decision made...I’ll accept the appointment rather than delay it !

Little’n is going home today - hopefully - and we may even have a decision on her name soon too!

Enjoy your day peeps. Funnily enough it feels like a Sunday.
    What does Sunday feel like nowadays? Modern Sunday's are fine for me just an extension of Saturday when in normal times I might meet up with family and friends, but as a small child I hated Sunday. My mother used to make me wear my "best" clothes (generally uncomfortable, scratchy and with awful accessories) and then make me stay clean all day and go to Sunday school.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good decision on the jab, Nicos. It's an excuse for two celebrations, one on the actual day and another a couple of days later just because.

Chilly and very cloudy here today. Got loads to do indoors and out. Probably more sensible to stay in, though. Ah well. Never enough hours in the day.

Hope you all have a good one.

Comment

• Te he...I know exactly what you mean gf.

For me I suppose it’s just an excuse to say “ It’s Sunday....I’ll do it tomorrow” if I don’t fancy doing something!Does that make me lazy?

Actually Sundays here in France are much quieter than the rest of the week. Shops are closed apart from a few basic shops in the morning. It’s very family orientated. So much so the younger generation are starting to rebel about having to eat en Famille yet again and preferring to spend their day with their friends.
        Last edited by Nicos; 28-02-2021, 10:35 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all from a lovely sunny Dublin.

Once again congratulations Nicos and looking forward to hearing her name.
          Very exciting times and when the shops open again you will find yourself browsing the baby aisles.
          Jay, it will be your turn soon.
          Sundsy used to be the day we went to mass but it's now online.
          Have a good day and enjoy the sunshine, those who have it.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

Bright and sunny again - lovely.

Good decision on the jab, Nicos. My mum had the AZ, I had Pfizer, neither of us had any side effects apart from the usual vaccination bruised arm sensation (no actual bruise of course).
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all, congrats to Nicos and family, don't know how I missed this. Glad you've booked your jab, I've had the AZ so has the better half and we are both fine.
              Sundays were always fishing days in my yoof, to the point where we had "Sunday dinner" on a Monday or on the Saturday, still do, even though most of the fishing in Scotland is not allowed on a Sunday.
              I got all the grass cut yesterday, need to do the edges, but that can wait, take care all and enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bit misty here this morning, so maybe it'll be a nice sunny day again.

Burnie, I keep my bees at a fishery, and the owner says the fishermen have never stopped phoning to see if they are open again yet. Evidently it's a very addictive sport.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning mothhawk, morning all.

Cloudy and miserable, just starting to drizzle. Bit of rain forecast for today and tomorrow. Ah well, it'll make the ground a bit softer for Mr Snoop to whack in some more fence posts to keep the dogs off my precious plot. My first batch of seeds have arrived. It was supposed to be my only batch of seeds, but a seed catalogue has reached me all the way from a different supplier in France. Oh dear! I feel a bit like Cinderella: I might not go to the ball, but I shall grow potatoes after all. On the downside, this used to be a massive catalogue and I had thought I could buy purple sprouting broccoli seeds from them in the future (I've got old seed that I imagine will still germinate this year), but they have only one variety and it's not a named one. Still anything is better than no PSB. Could be time for me to learn how to save seeds...

OK, busy day ahead. Better shake a leg and make a start. Have a good one, everyone. Smiles all round.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have quite a heavy frost here at the moment but the blue sky in contrast looks stunning

More camper van work today...deffo a thermals day ( steady there NTG! )

1st March eh?... “ rabbits rabbits rabbits” or whatever you’re supposed to say?

And so, of course it’s also St David’s Day....OH has just picked a vase full of daffs to celebrate. I’ll always have very happy memories of living Cardiff and celebrating it each year when we were in our early 20’s
                    Last edited by Nicos; 01-03-2021, 08:58 AM.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Grey day here at the moment and very cold still. I'm just writing out a shopping list for the supermarket for later today as I remember what I need. I'll pick up some shopping for the in-laws too and take them some pasta bake I made yesterday. Hopefully we might get a bit of sun later and a trip to the allotment.
                      Totally agree on the PSB seeds Snoop; any is better than none.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and drizzly here. Had a long reading session in bed this morning with a cup of tea, very nice. Windows to clean today and a jigsaw to start. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning a foggy start to the day here most has lifted but its left mist behind. and the damp feeling.

I'm missing the sunshine we've had for the last few days.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all

Overnight frost seems to have disappeared quickly. Dull and overcast now. Need to take mainly brassica sowings to allotment greenhouse today at sometime along with potting on my Celery soup plants. Bit of shopping later and that will be the day done.

TTFN
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A misty start to the day but its burning off and the sun is beginning g to shine.
                              March is here with all the possibilities of brighter days ahead,
                              Off to the park for my daily walk.
                              Some gardening later,
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,final back in control,of things domestic,still waiting,got a more stuff from plot,all that remains is to get the rubbish cleared,dead pots ext,enjoy your day peeps,thanks for the drink nicos,it is a grand feeling welcoming the next generation,even more so when you get the great grand children,now remind me,just where did the time go to,see yar laters
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X