This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

The oddest puzzle I've done was a magic eye one the majority of the pieces looked the same.
    Ha!... and there’s me fretting if there is too much sky or leaf canopy!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here too. The car is still slowly defrosting. My husband has been awake all night with upset stomach so is still feeling under the weather.

Comment

• Morning all, hope hubby’s feeling better soon GF!
        Mild here this morning with some cloud but I believe the sun has to make an appearance soon, fingers crossed.
        I’ve decided I’m only doing two things today...make a Victoria Sponge and some butter chicken and that’s it! Can’t be bothered with anything else. It’s just one of those days.
        Talking about jigsaws. OH bought me one...It was of Waterloo Station. Top half was set in one time period the bottom in another time period. Same pic, different times. Finished it during first lockdown. Off and on it only took 15 years!!! Used to do a bit, shove it under the bed and forget about it for ages then go back do another bit. Hated breaking it up once I’d finished.
        Anyhoo, hope you have a lovely day. Don’t do too much! x
        sigpic

Comment

• I’ve still not broken up that jigsaw with the missing piece yet!
          Still hopeful of finding that piece

gf....OH swears by plain live yog if ever he has problems like that.
          Hope yours feels brighter soon - horrid thing to experience x
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Last jigsaw I did a couple of years ago was a Mary Berry recipe and picture. (Raspberry roulade I think). It wasn't that big but it was a pain and all the time we were doing it I was praying there weren't any pieces missing from the middle of the recipe bit as my husband bought it from a charity shop. It was intact..... I gave it away to my sister then. Still haven't made the roulade...... My other sister has just texted to tell me she is very excited to be booked in for her "passport towards freedom" (jab) this weekend.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              It's a beautiful clear sunny morning so another outdoor day.
              My granddaughter is 18 today and I feel so sad not to sharing a part of it with her.

Jigsaws, over the years I have made several kinds.
              My parents had some that were made of three ply wood.
              I have made Big Ben, foam backed so it could stand with real handson the clock.
              I have a mosiac jigsaw of the titanic, I have attempted it twice but it's back in its box again.
              I have a circular one of London taken from the air in black and white.
              The selection on the market is endless.

Anyway enough about jigsaws, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                Snoop, I kept guineas with my banties for 5 years. They only make a row when intruders are about - fox, strange cats/dogs, people. They had free range, and mostly slept outside too, roosting on the roof ridge of the old coach-house.
                Trouble is we get a lot of intruders of that nature. Owls, eagles and buzzards, foxes, boar... Goodness only knows if we'd manage to sleep at night. Out of interest, though, what did you do with them? I keep thinking about quail for food purposes (apologies to any vegetarians), but I imagine they'd be under constant stress from being watched by the dogs and cats...

Comment

• Lol, My eldest and I started a puzzle 2 nights ago. It's a Star Wars one but one of those where the picture itself is made up of LOADS of other little repeated pictures

Wowsers, it is HARD. I also now appear to have been abandond to it, and I don't even like Star Wars, lol
                  Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• I’ve been doing the same jigsaw for about 3 months now. I’ve done the edges and the rail/fence round the windy footpath. Now I’m left with the rest which is all greenery with no discernible identifying features. I’m bored with it but too stubborn to not finish it.

What a beautiful day. Time to do some tidying up in the garden. The roofers have just been and fixed my kitchen roof. The whole house now smells of hot tar. Not entirely unpleasant. Prince has decided to go and lie outside in the sunshine for the first time this year.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                      I’m bored with it but too stubborn to not finish it.
                      Yep, this is me also, haha

Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Snoop, we used the eggs in spring - they happily laid in the henhouse (most of them - like the banties the odd one or two found themselves nests elsewhere), the eggs were similar in size to banties, but less white, more yolk. We really only had them as they were pretty, and were bought as a dozen fertile eggs that we popped under a broody bird. I could never tell the boys from the girls though.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,it must be the warmest few hours this year,went plot to bring some stuff back,had to take of the fleece and cardi,had eldest son for a couple oh nights,love the duck cardi,and well done jay it is lovely especially the ears on hat,so cute,i know 1 thing ladies,your grandchildren will arrive before our move,agent gave a curtosy call yesterday,seems our buyers are in the same place as me,come on get on with it and nail biting,apparently things are just soooooooo sssssssloooooooowwwww,but are going in the right direction,we could well be looking at end of march into April,enjoy what's left of the days sun,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for the info, mothhawk. They were on the list of possibles for us to keep but got dismissed because of the noise. Maybe I'll put them back on. Mr Snoop liked the idea of them.

Hang on in there, LD.

As for here, cloudy at the moment. Drizzle forecast for this afternoon, so will try and get a bit more weeding done this morning. Then work and a bit of batch cooking. Plenty to keep me occupied, in other words.

Have a good one, jigsaw puzzlers and all.

Comment

• Morning all! Dull thus morning after yesterday’s beautiful sunny day!
                              You’ll get there lottie...hang on in there!
                              Yet another sleepless night, no idea why. Seem to have more of these kind of nights now.
                              Anyhoo, have a lovely day everyone,see you later! x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Another lovely sunny morning.
                                Lots of tidying and weeding so I will be happy to spend some time outdoors.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...