Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all,nice sunshine and some blue in the sky,bit windy,not seen Rary for a bit,has he gone to the other side as well,pleased you had a good meet up with family bramble,all the best to the grandson at sea FL,don't shout to loud Snoop,you not want to ruin the larynx,nothing moving then,babies or home,stay safe
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
      Beautiful day here, but maybe a tad windy.

No news of the baby yet...maybe by weekend at the latest apparently.

That’s a lovely cardie gf! Very sweet! I know what you mean about wanting to touch the wool ...some feel horrible don’t they?
      I was given some bamboo wool and it was a dream to knit with - it made super soft hat and mittens.

Aww, Flo....it must feel strange to imagine him at sea now....hope it’s not too rough with all this wind!

right, back to domestics - the washing machine doesn’t know what has hit it!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
        We have been out grocery shopping and thankfully because of the miserable weather it was really quiet.
        There is a book and games store in the shopping centre.
        I could buy a book but not a jigsaw or a game, something to do with no one shop having an advantage over another.
        I am supposed to be taking care of my mental health, I knit but cant get into a store to buy wool.
        Garden centres are closed. The library is closed. I can only go 5 km from home.
        Click and collect is not an option either.
        I think the fact I was standing looking at the jigsaws with tape across them really depressed me.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

That is a pretty pattern Greenishfing I don't blame you hanging on the buy wool unless you're familiar with the brand you can end up disappointed. Our local wool shop closed a couple of years ago, then soon after the craft shop closed so both are sadly missed.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• There is a local wool shop near me with really good personal service, even though I would consider myself at least as good, if not far better a knitter than their teachers ( sorry I 'm a big head/ know my strengths, but a "leftie") . I would, through choice, buy my wool from them. In the past I would buy wool from the factory shops in Bradford but these disappeared well before lockdown. Now I just need to know how well a yarn washes and how it feels and I don't mean a half inch little tester.

Comment

• Good Morning All Mild and dry so far, but early yet. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its windy again today so we'll be listing to the chimneys howl. again.

Greenishfing I used to do a lot of knitting, fair isles and Arans were my faves, MrP still has a Aran jumper I knitted him 40 years ago. We seem to wear fleece jumper more these days and there's no babies in the family so I only really knit dishcloths now.

Take care.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

we have a lovely, warm , sunny day here at the moment...as promised by Pen!

Still no news re the baby.

I have to admit that I am in awe of Bren and gf...how lovely to be able to knit like that!
                  My DIL’s mom used to knit for M&S and she could turn them out in a couple of days

Bramble...I can understand your frustration...... have a gooogle of adult jigsaws.ie and you’ll find quite a selection which can be posted to you.

I did that rather tentatively....but it was safe!!!! I’m quite tempted by a Guinness one !

right...I best shake a leg and get on with domestic chores seeing as OH is baking bread....

Have a lovely day peeps...treat yourselves to something else like a soak in the bath,allowing a luxury item to fall into your shopping trolley or just stop and watch the clouds go by for a few minutes whilst munching on chocolate/ cake....go on!...you’re worth it!
                  ( and Flo...I suggest you don’t do the former at work!!!!)

Comment

• Good morning all, Its bright and dry do that's a good start.
                    Thanks Nicos, I will look into that,
                    Hope you have some good news soon.
                    Fashion has changed, I always knitted all my childrens woollies but now they prefer shop bought items.
                    I knit dolls clothes and squares for blankets.
                    Have a good day all and enjoy the sunshine, those that have it.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Blue out there at the moment. I've just had a good five minutes of ripping out wild rocket while Mr Snoop used the computer. Most of the plants came out with their full complement of roots, fortunately. I'm ignoring the fact that there will be other weed seeds just waiting to sprout to take their place...

Loads of work to get through, again. Mustn't complain. Means we can afford to pay the outrageous prices demanded these days for decent tick collars for three large dogs. I have the honour of being the first to have a tick walking about on me this year. Very early. Not sure I fancy going around with a tick collar on, though.

Good luck with your various ventures today. Try and catch you later.

Comment

• They day started grey and drizzling but quite warm. There must have been a lot of rain overnight as there are some huge puddles. I'm hoping it was the last of the heavy rain for a while and the allotment might dry out.
                        I've been and visited the fishman this morning and stocked up.
                        When it comes to baby knitting I won't be knitting newborn items as it will be a Summer baby. The mother-to-be (and her mother) seem to be going down the "old fashioned" route though. Knowing how rebellious the children in our family are it will probably end up as a modern keep up with the fashion child. I remember my sister insisting her baby girl was not stereotyped and buying her unisex clothes and toys. It lasted until said child could talk and tell her aunties she wanted PINK dresses and dolls, because mummy wouldn't let her have them.

Comment

• grey, drizzly but I managed to plant some dahlia tubers that came thru the post, 3 more miniature hosta's, a Poppy - pattys plum, some crocosmia 'Suzzana' and that leaves 2 lots of gladioli - not sure if they will go in here or down the lotty.

Measured and marked where the various beds and polytunnel will come on the lotty and I discovered that I have more land than I though! so a redesign is in order I think to save cramping stuff up.
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Afternoon all quite a nice day here although a bit windy!
                            I knitted a couple of thing for the coming baby. First time I’ve ever knitted. Didn’t think my daughter and son-in-law would want them but they seemed happy! Hopefully they were. Baby due in a couple of weeks!
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

• Those are really sweet Jay!
                              Well done with the knitting, they look very professional!

Comment

• They are pretty Jay
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-02-2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X