Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raining here too. Very grey and dismal, but I can see a beautiful little patch of crocus across the road. A wonderful island of vibrant colour in a grey world.

Comment

• I buy only yellow crocus these days for that very reason gf...you can very easily see them from a distance !

and pah!... the rain has arrived here too.
      Last edited by Nicos; 22-02-2021, 09:52 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all, Blue sky and sunshine here.
        Off to the park to meet my son and grandson for a socially distant walk.
        Hope there will be some good news for you Nicos and Jay.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,no news here,
          REF that shed,could you put another bit of trelis up and grow some nasturtions up it,not only will it look nice,will grow quick,and maybe creep over said shed ho hum,someone is eager grass cutting,Nick better get on to it,the weather is in your favour ,enjoy your meet up Bramble,the weather out look is right miserable out side,am trying my best to stay awake,and keep on top of domestic stuff,hope your all feeling a bit more chippa and well,have a good afternoon
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Everything ok here,thanks for the ideas,I was watching my bit of trellis when the roof went up to make sure it didn’t move because if it touched my trellis it would’ve been in my garden,I’m glad I did that,it stopped any overhang happen. Nasturtiums a good idea thanks I’ve got clematis there that should be able to grow up the trellis a bit,it grew through my buddleia last year,little purple/white flowers. Also it’s not that tall,should be alright
            It is nice seeing the crocus while out there,have a good day I’m just popping round mums today

Comment

• THIS has made me laugh,just opened the post about pension increase,later this year MR will be 80,and his pension will increase by 25p ,might be enough for a small choc bar once a month hehehehehe,
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Back from some time off. The garden is starting to take shape now and have got lots of plans for the new season.

My fence seems to have really taken a bettering this year, its still in good shape but the paint is fading and is fairly algae stained
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  THIS has made me laugh,just opened the post about pension increase,later this year MR will be 80,and his pension will increase by 25p ,might be enough for a small choc bar once a month hehehehehe,
                  True, but the increase in winter fuel payment is worth having!

Cold and damp here all day. But still looking good for fairer weather tomorrow, especially around midday. Just put tea in the oven, roast pork chops in apple juice. The smell is making me hungry!

Comment

• Good evening all, it was a beautiful day here.
                    Made the most if it by spending a good part of it outdoors.
                    Had a lovely walk in the park with son an grandson.
                    Had a phone call from eldest grandson to say he has been accepted for a job.
                    Second granddaughter has secured an online course for art and design.
                    Potted on a few more of my tomato seedlings.
                    We have been forecast a really wet and windy day tomorrow so glad we made the most o fthe good weather.
                    Have a good evening all and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, we took advantage of a pleasant day with a walk to the beach, bright and breezy, but with heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, we thought we'd be better to take advantage.

Comment

• Well after a very dismal morning when I gave in and made "sticky chocolate cake ", (similar to tiffin) the sun came out and we had a glorious blue sky just before sunset. WIN, WIN!! If I get fed up I know there is sticky chocolate cake in the fridge to cheer me up....... If we get sunshine tomorrow I will get to the allotment and use enough calories to mitigate the effects of the sticky chocolate cake.....but I might have an extra slice!!!!

Comment

• Great news, Bramble. Must make you proud to know your grandchildren are doing OK despite the circumstances.
                          And GF, sounds like you've come up with a reason to have sticky chocolate cake every day.

So, the day here started very cloudy and grim, but as per the forecast it has brightened up. A bit stuck indoors today, however. Maybe time for some more weeding. Plenty more to do...

Right, better get on with the show. No idea how it happens but just when I think there's no more work, something else comes in. Very lucky that that should be the case.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Stay safe and well. A very loud HELLO to Rary in case he's going deaf in his old age and needs to be reminded we're still here.

Comment

• Good morning all from a wet and very windy Dublin as predicted.

As it's such a miserable day we have decided to do our grocery shopping in the hope many peeps will stay home.
                            Snoop, thank you, and yes, it's good to see the young trying to get on with life in such difficult circumstances.
                            Being cooped up in the house week in week out is surely a big ask fron our teenage population who should be out enjoying life.
                            Anyway, hopefully there will be better times ahead.

where is everyone this morning, akk sleeping in?
                            Have a good day all and stay safe.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Quick coffee break and checking in to see if there's any baby news. Sunny and windy here. My grandson's ship sailed yesterday so there's a teenager out on the ocean wave. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• The sun has just found a gap in the thick clouds here but it is very windy. Hopefully I will get a couple of days with a few hours at the allotment this week. Next job is to take some fish pie and a banana loaf for one of the in-laws. If it's not too busy I'll call in the pound shop for some toiletries and see if they have got any cake and loaf tin liners as well. I hate greasing and lining tins with greaseproof (probably because it was always my job as a young child). I haven't bought any liners for about 5 or 6 years as I do tend to bulk buy when I find something I like.
                                Sunday was a great day in the end as I spent a couple of hours on the phone to one sister in the afternoon, another hour chatting to the other in the evening and my niece sent me a picture (ultrasound) of my great nephew-to-be along with a reminder to get the knitting needles out of retirement. It will have to wait until I can actually choose the wool in person and I can be quite picky, but I have already seen a lovely cardigan pattern on the internet with little ducks on it that looks interesting.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20210223_111518.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	2518656
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 23-02-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X