This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I had Pfizer, never associated my "lazy sleep" with the jab really. It does make you wonder about some " side effects" though and how real they really are.
    my mate has just been sent for the Pfizer jab and he said he was going to look at the side effects - he lives on his own so will get everyone of them Maybe I'm lucky but we are on a lot of the same meds and he has all the side effects - I've never read the leaflets so not sure if I have or not

it can only help with so mant people getting the jab , whichever one it is, but the danger is all the numpties will think theyre immune
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

• I had the Pfizer jab 2 weeks ago. No side effects apart from a sore arm for about 2 days. My brother had his 1st jab same place, same doctor, 3 days after me. He had the Oxford jab. Same result. We’re just grateful to get it whichever one we’re given.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• I have 2 really good friends who are conspiracy theorists. I have stopped talking to them on the internet and it is probably a good thing that I can’t meet them in public. A few years ago I was accosted by some mothers at my sons school as he had measles. They were blaming me for not allowing him to have the MMR jab that their children had had. I had booked him in to have it voluntarily but his appointment hadn’t come through in time. Their mistake was that they assumed that the vaccine was given per academic year whereas it was calendar year. My son was born in November so wasn’t eligible for it.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• If I ever read all the information including side-effects that comes with any modern medication I wouldn't take any, particularly after a bad reaction a few years ago. My husband, a self confessed hypochondriac, is even worse.
          The solution is we generally read the info leaflet on each others medicines if either of us are taking anything new.
          When it came to the vaccine we just both decided the disease would be far worse than any vaccine side-effects and just had achey arms.

Comment

• Morning, been wide awake since 2.30am and now the birds are twittering which will likely mean the chances of getting back to sleep are minimal!!
            I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab two weeks ago. Spent the next day sleeping and had a thumping headache, was fine the day after that. Everyone was so excited to be part of such a historical event.
            Going to try for a snooze, see you later. x
            sigpic

Comment

• * whispers quietly in case Jay has dozed off....

Mornin Jayn’all

Birds not started singing here....Just Hibou scratching around some of my paperwork and trying to catch any mice hidden underneath it

No news re the baby still!

We are expected to get to 17C today so have decided to take the day off and go to the coast to collect a seafood platter . The restaurant has started doing preordered takeaways. No real occasion to celebrate, but heck...it’s nice to do something a bit special from time to time isn’t it?

Interesting to hear about the differences in vaccines! I too am still waiting to get the call, but roll out here is slower, but a guaranteed 2nd dose (I think it’s 3 weeks later ???)

Have a great weekend everyone...the spring flowers are coming through and buds are appearing on the trees and bushes...these are times I really wish I had my greenhouse again!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh...and I thought I’d share something interesting!
                My friend in Sweden said she ‘holding her thumbs’ for us re the baby.
                Needless to say I burst out laughing until she said that’s what they say instead of crossing their fingers!...aww...
                Anyone know of other similar sorts of phrases?

Comment

• ^Here, they cross their fingers too. Maybe Swedes find it hard to cross their fingers and so press thumbs. I base this extremely unlikely theory on the fact that there is such a thing as Viking toes, so why not different Scandinavian fingers?

Anyway, another pretty hard frost this morning. Very odd, as the daytime temps are lovely. 16 ºC forecast for here today. Back down again tomorrow for the rain over the next few days. Going to try for a big outdoor morning and then pasta making this afternoon to make the most of the solar power. Won't be any surplus tomorrow or the rest of the week by the look of it. Good to see the frost, as it keeps me from getting too excited about sowing seeds. Mind you, surely a bit of spinach and a few other likely candidates would cope?

Better get a move on, as Mr Snoop is expecting tea in bed this morning and he's volunteered me for dog walking.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, LD. Very timely.

Have a good day, everyone.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-02-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• ^^^ agree with you and Lottie there about feeling better when we can all go out.

We can go out , hence the trip to the coast...it’s just a matter for us of keeping away from absolutely everyone.
                    I can’t think of many nutters who would sit on the beach on a windy February day
                    (I read recently that we may need to go back to full lockdown and only being able to go 1km from your house was absolutely dreadful
                    so we’re just ‘grasping the moment’ as they say , whilst we can)

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzly here again. We have been offered a jab. Have still to decide whether to book at a vaccination centre or wait to be called to the GP surgery. Second jab will be 12 weeks later. Have a good day All
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Very grey and cloudy here. I really wish we could have a day at the coast now. I like to go in Spring or Autumn when it's quiet and peaceful. No doubt by the time we can go it will be Summer, far too overcrowded, nowhere to park and with all the "tat" shops and fast food open.
                        I'm just feeling really fed up today. I think I'll go and cheer myself up in the kitchen making banana loaves and chocolate fridge cake.
                        Just wondering why, at the seaside in mainland Europe, there's always loads of bars selling mountains of mussels and things like bouillabaisse, seafood paella, seafood platters etc and in England we get burgers, hot dogs and fish and chips.

Comment

• Morning, the irony is a lot of the sea food you used to buy in France and Spain was caught by British fisherman in British ports, apparently over 75 percent of the shellfish landed in Arbroath goes to Spain for their Paella.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            Morning, the irony is a lot of the sea food you used to buy in France and Spain was caught by British fisherman in British ports, apparently over 75 percent of the shellfish landed in Arbroath goes to Spain for their Paella.
                            Even more annoying it is impossible to buy good fresh seafood here in the centre of England. We do have a fishman who sells limited varieties of fresh fish but crab is the only other thing he sells. The fish that the local supermarkets sell never looks "fresh" so I wouldn't fancy any of their seafood.

I remember in the 1960's spending a holiday in Port Isaac, Cornwall and mainly living off freshly caught crab with salad and peaches and clotted cream with the odd cornish pasty thrown in. Learning to surf uses a lot of calories.

Comment

• Late good morning from rainy and grey Dublin.
                              No plans for the day and like Grenishfing I too am fed up.
                              Anyway, have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

It must be something in the air - I feel pretty fed up and glum too. I had a patronising email from my BiL in the states, telling me not to moan about covid, when all I had said was I hadn't had a haircut for 14 months. HE has just had a nice break at a hotel and golf complex on the Gulf coast, and he lives on the Gulf coast, permanent sunshine, sandy beaches to run on, no lockdown apparently, and no-one to worry about spreading covid to if he should catch it, except my sister, who seems equally blasé about infection (Trump supporters).

They both seem to have continued life since the start of the pandemic with no changes in lifestyle, except to wear a scarf across their faces in public, and yet complain that they won't be getting the vaccine for another couple of months as doses are rationed by state. That's not surprising when you think how many people there are in the states.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X