Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning it looks like being a dry day here so I'll be making the most of it, my raspberries needs cutting plus a few other gardening jobs.

Take care.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all and its dry and bright here.
      Out to the park and then some work to do in the garden.
      My Rose's need pruning and tidying.
      Zone work in the greenhouse should fill the day nicely.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Very slow start to the day. Bright blue outside but plenty to keep me occupied indoors. Have covered a patch of ground with tarpaulin for digging later. That's my sole contribution to gardening today, though I hope to get a bit more digging done later on.

All a bit discombobulated for some reason. There's an abandoned cat trying to join the household but the animals won't have it. Dogs and the tom see it as an invader, the female cat is very upset at its presence. So they're on edge, which has got me constantly looking out the window too.

Plenty to be doing so better get on with it. I'm trying to keep the mischief quotient low today, Nicos, so no encouragement please!

Have a good one all.

Comment

• Grey, cold and miserable here. I must get my husband out of his chair today and moving about a bit more......this weather isn't helping things, nor is lockdown of course. I don't think his sister really realises that everything is shut and seems to think the world is conspiring against her. It doesn't matter that everyone tells her that all the clothes shops and coffee shops are shut for everybody she just wants to have her old life back.

Comment

• We had our local tom cat chatting up Hibou during the evening.
            He lives about a km away and is domesticated. His owner rented one of our neighbour's gites (she had a major house fire!) last year for several months and he fell in love with Hibou

I do sometimes wonder if I could whisk him off to the vets to be 'done'
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all, very slightly warmer (if plus 3 degrees can be described as warm) and dry at the moment, waiting for a parcel, bound to arrive when we go out for a walk and it won't arrive if we stay in all day, oh well, better get on, take care all and keep safe.

Comment

• Quite a nice day here today (although it was still a rather dull and dreary drive into work!)

I got a "Soil Blocker" for a birthday present last year which i might give a try out this evening. I don't know a huge amount about them but it looks good fun and will eliminate the need for quite so much plastic.
                "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                - Henry Beard

Comment

• ^^^ I had to goooooogle that!

Very useful gift

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with it ...

Comment

• I just spotted this about trees and wanted to share...

https://www.treehugger.com/treescape...y-wind-4867666

I’ve seen a few like that by the Cumbrian coast.
                    Last edited by Nicos; 27-01-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• I would not like to live in that wind..But the trees are interesting .

Comment

• My first thought was - wow , amazing! , then ...I wouldn’t want to be putting up a greenhouse or polytunnel anywhere near those!!!!

Comment

• I think living in any of those places you’d lose a lot of hats.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've stayed with my daughter for a few days. I forgot to take my medication with me. Most of it is just to make me comfortable but one is my chemo in tablet form so now I'm home.

I've been very remiss and selfish so hugs to those who need them.

In the meantime, my roses planted just before Christmas have shoots on them. Very brave in this weather. The rhubarb that is in a bag in the kitchen waiting to be planted has shot up, so it hasn't died from neglect then. All the stuff I took out of the cupboards 'cos i decided to rearrange them, is still covering the kitchen work surfaces.

I have an important meeting tonight that I should be chairing but I've asked my vice chair to preside. I'll be there to have my say 'cos I've done a lot of work on it, but because there is a lot of local feeling I can't deal with it at the mo.

I need to rearrange my house to make room for the furniture I'm getting back, the FC wants rid of it ASAP since she's found out it's mine. So that's the next few days organised.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• We have some trees shaped like those, the joys of living on the coast.

Comment

• If the tom's anything over two or so, Nicos, I don't think having him seen to at the vet's will make much difference. Our tom is getting on in years and still gets the seasonal yowls even though he was snipped a long time ago.

On the soil blocker, Rary has one. He posted quite a bit about how much he liked it and the mix he found worked best. If you have a search about, you might come across the threads (more than one if I recall rightly). I'd do it myself, but we're having internet problems and I probably wouldn't get very far.

Hang on in there, Janie. Another big hug.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X