This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Miserable out. Not much better in either. Mr Snoop has decided to scrap his beloved car...

Me, I'm trying to keep out the way, but not doing a very good job of it. Too cold and wet to be digging outdoors. I suppose I could go through my seed box...

Outbreak of Covid cases in our village notified on Saturday. No idea who. But even today I've seen photos on Facebook of people out in a group yesterday, masks below noses and chins, all huddled up together for the photo. Madness.

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe.

Comment

• Morning all. I've been out for a lovely walk in brilliant sunshine and sparkly snow! The sun is really getting some strength in it now.

Sending you hugs, Janie. if it's any consolation, he must still have loved you very much for his widow to be so jealous of you that she doesn't want you to attend.

I made some fruity scones today, and I've got some dough on the rise to have a go at making English muffins.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning All,

Beautiful day today. we didnt get any snow yesterday / last night but there was a nice hard frost. at least the ground was a b it firmer this morning.

Really need to get started on some seed sowing but just can't seem to find the time. haha
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Still freezing here even with the sun shining, waiting for Sainsbugs to deliver our order, could be the highlight of the day lol. Will try and get out for a walk if it's not too slippery out there. Take care all.

Comment

• Afternoon, no gardening today most I’ve done out there was collecting parsley and lettuce from the GH, stayed in there a while seeing as it was 21c made sourdough naans and lamb rissoles.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well, I’ve come in before I get frostbite...no breeze thank goodness but it’s blinking cold!
              Our drive/ garage is on the north side of the house so we’ve been working in the shade of the house, even though it’s sunny.
              There is a huge cider barrel ( empty) which is sodden and the ice has stayed on it all day. It’s no wonder I’m so chilled!

I really fancy a lovely long soak now, but we have a neighbour who has sold their house coming over to say goodbye from a distance but we’ve no idea at what time. It’s bound to be the moment I emerge myself into a hot and welcoming bath isn’t it????

MH...that’s a very real possibility for Janie isn’t it?..that must give her some comfort.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
                Snow still on the ground, it was too cold for a thaw.
                A day of domestics but all up to date again for now.

Nicos, no haggis on sale here in Ireland that I am aware of, you have me curious now.

JanieB, you have your memories and nobody can take those away from you.

Stay warm and safe all and have a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I found this company in Ireland which exports fresh meat and cheeses and cream to France.
                  They are thinking of diversifying and sending other food products made in Ireland which would be wonderful!

https://www.baconbythebox.com/?fbcli...4RqrRyWSML5gmQ

Comment

• Had a result today, car insurance quote arrived in the post, it had gone up again, so went on a comparison website, going back to my old company and almost halved my bill...........result.

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news there for Nicos and Burnie. Nicos, I'm very jealous. I might get in touch, just to see whether there's any possibility of delivery to Spain. I can think of at least one other couple that would be interested.

Heavy frost this morning and now bright blue outside but I'm stuck indoors today doing fiddly stuff. Bah!

Scrappers coming this afternoon to collect car... It'll be sad to see it go. An ancient Citroen XM that the local kids called the Batmobile. Sic transit gloria mundi and all that.

So, better get on with all this fiddly stuff. Try and catch you later. Have a good one meanwhile. Special call-out to LD. Hope you're doing OK.

Comment

• Good morning all from a dull, wet Dublin.
                        The rain had just cleared the coast so hoping for a drier afternoon

Good result Nicos, and yes, haggis is also to be had in Ireland.

Thinking of you this morning JanieB.

Must go and find something to do.
                        Have a good day and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

dippy eggs for breakfast...so lovely and golden...mmmm...

Snoop, I’m hoping some Irish entrepreneurs will set up exporting all sorts of Irish made groceries/produce...there’s a massive market over here in Europe. There are several based in the UK, but they’ve sadly raised their prices to cover the new tax /duties so much that some things are just stupidly priced My friend in Sweden has had to pay an extra £30 for just over 1,000 teabags.
                          Ah well, moan over!

Paperwork day for me today, can’t put it off any longer

Comment

• Janie....me too xx

Comment

• Another Lovely looking morning here albeit rather frosty. The car was a bit tail happy on my way to work.

What is one thing everyone is looking forward to once times change to a more reasonable existence?

i'll go first - There is a brilliant Sushi restaurant that's about 45 minutes from us. I'm really looking forward to feeling comfortable about going back there. We didn't feel like eating out over the summer (and am glad we didn't tbh) so haven't been to any restaurant since march. We have had takeaways from various places (not the Sushi bar though - just too far)
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

• Well I got my seed potatoes for this year yesterday. And some onion sets. Maybe I'm getting my mojo back. It is so cold here today though. I had to go to the doctor's earlier. Apart from checking on an elderly relative this afternoon nothing else today that is urgent.
                                I 'm feeling good today so big virtual hugs to everyone that isn't who needs one.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 26-01-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X