Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold and grey here. It was very frosty first thing. I'm taking one of the in-laws who, at the moment, can only walk a few steps for his coronavirus vaccine this afternoon. I've already checked that there are wheelchairs to borrow at the venue.

Comment

• My son took his Nan, my 91year old MIL yesterday. She had to queue for about ten minutes, we thought it might be longer.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^^^ I've been twice with other relatives to another local venue and they have been amazing there with no queueing at all so I am hoping this is equally well organised.

Comment

• Hope so too GF, she was queuing outside and it was very cold but no ill effects so all good

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Been rather sploshy here on and off

Absolutely no plans as yet...just been pottering all morning - you’d never know either

Still not decided what to do for supper, but I do have a duck breast defrosting. Sort of fancying pasta after all the pasta posts on here!!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon
              Very frosty and foggy here too. Found the sun above the fog on our 2hr walk this morning though. Back home to fog again now
              Northern England.

Comment

• Northern England.

Comment

• ^^^ stunning scenery... brill photos too!

Comment

• Gorgeous photos, CG.

And Nicos, how about duck breast ragù with a pasta like pappardelle or tagliatelle? There's a BBC recipe for pappardelle with rabbit ragù that's yummy and would be even easier to do with a duck breast rather than having to cut meat from rabbit bones. Gets a big tick from us and from Italian friends.

Actually managed some digging today but then got to a very wet patch so stopped. Plenty of worms in the places I did manage to dig, but even so looks like I'm going to need a big muck delivery this year. None left from previous years.

Time to get the range going I think. It's starting to get a bit chilly and the heat generated by digging has worn off.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Ooo....I’m glad I’ve just read that idea Snoop....I can tweak my recipe to fit that!....ta muchly!

Comment

• Shopping today. Luckily I didn't have to thaw the car out as my daughter was going shopping so I hitched a lift with her.

Very 'crunchy' underfoot and quite exhilarating to walk on if your shoes have got good grips......which my Daughters hadn't!

Another good thing is any frozen food you buy is hardly likely to thaw out before you get home.

TTFN says he perched in front of the woodburner!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          My son took his Nan, my 91year old MIL yesterday. She had to queue for about ten minutes, we thought it might be longer.
                          I've found out that our practice group is starting to vaccinate 75-80 year olds. I'm seething mad! My mum's 102 and not been vaccinated. Not any sort of contact from anyone. All I get on the phone is a recorded message saying do not call about vaccine appointments, we will contact you.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning
                            Hard frost and bright this morning. Dogs to walk . Enjoy your day.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

I've found out that our practice group is starting to vaccinate 75-80 year olds. I'm seething mad! My mum's 102 and not been vaccinated. Not any sort of contact from anyone. All I get on the phone is a recorded message saying do not call about vaccine appointments, we will contact you.
                              That would make me angry too MH. Loads of younger, over 80s were vaccinated in my MILs area before her so I don't know what the system is for GPs.

Comment

• Good Morning All Hard frost here. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X