This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

I went supermarket shopping early on and got home just as the snow started so that was good and like Snadger we'll be getting the shovel out to the GH and side gate.

Take care if you're out and about.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      It's a dry crisp morning here so off out before it all changes
      Nicos, enjoy your trip to the coast.
      Snowman competition for all the peeps who have the snow.
      Have a good day and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Sounds a bit like my car Flo

how old is your littleā€™un Peteyd?
        Little Man is 17 months old, Really looking forward to him getting involved in the garden. He loved "Helping" me in the veg patch last year... Hopefully this year he will again, although it would be nice if he did something other than just rip out the plants and try and eat the stones...

A very, very wet day here again today. Lots of surface water on the roads which means my bog... i mean garden will be nicely saturated... My grass has shot up over the past couple of weeks, not sure why as it hasn't exactly been warm... Dare i attempt a trim at the weekend?
        Last edited by Peteyd; 14-01-2021, 11:03 AM.
        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
        - Henry Beard

Comment

• Well, back home from work after a precarious journey. Still snowing, hope it's gone tomorrow.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all.
            All this talk of snow, and all I get is rain, rain, rain Water stretched right across the road in several places but so far still passable. The council have finally put gates across the lane where there is a ford to stop cars and vans attempting to drive through when the brook is high.

The fire brigade got tired of being called to cars floating gently against the footbridge rails while their drivers stand on the footbridge waiting for the car to be pulled clear. Their stock answer was - wasted journey, you're not inside the car, you don't need rescue, call a breakdown truck.

I blame sat-nav believing idiots - after all, there's a dirty great pole with the depth marked on it in feet and metres, so when the water is lapping against the 3f/1m you'd think they'd have the sense not to try to get through.
            Last edited by mothhawk; 14-01-2021, 02:10 PM.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• ........and still it snows here!!!!šŸ„¶ā„ā˜ƒļø

Comment

• No snow here, though we are surrounded by it, we can see it in the distance down to low levels, but we just have rain.

Comment

• Afternoon all,is miserable weather here as well,sooner have the damp stuff than snow,it did have the odd flakes in with rain earlier on,been hospital with MR this morning,was met by the theatre team and consultant,i was a bit rabbit in headlights,the last scan in hospital before christmas showed up a lesion on a kidney,today i learned he also has an anurisum in the tummy,no idea how long it been there,or how long it will last as it is,he is to weak for an op,the same will go for the lesion,i do realise what it all means,how cruel is life eh,he has no idea what is going on,only following on from the other weeks hospital admitance,i have to say something bless him,our GP gave me a call not long ago,to ask how i was coping ext,he ended up laughing and remarked about me being quite a character,and said we are going to be invited for our covid jabs soon,we gota go to melton 14 miles away,son said he will come over and take us with the wheelchair,REF hospital visit this morning,they were brilliant with us,because we had to wait for transport,a kitchen staff came and asked what we would like,then got it to us,later on we were given coffee,the NHS have done us proud,thank you each and everyone so kind,life is wait and see and try to be brave,all being well,most of the garage and gardening stuff will be taken to storage this weekend,so grateful for the support i am now getting from one or another,is a big difference to my mental health,on a good note i have to seek out some butternut squash seeds,son loves how i cooked them from frozen,and wants to grow several plants,so i will provide him with them,aprox 30 should do for us all hehehesee sumat to look forwards to
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It was a lovely sunny day here.
                    We had a walk in the park and then drove home along the coast.
                    Sorting out my seeds this evening and planning for the growing season ahead.
                    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your husband, LD. A very big hug from me to you both. xx

Comment

• Evenin nā€™allnā€™all

LD.....big hugs from me too xxxx

We did get to the coast and collected everything we needed , and then went for a very short walk on the beach at Etretat but it was just too windy!
                        No seafood platter Iā€™m afraid - all the restaurants are closed as part of Covid.
                        But I have to say it was just wonderful to go somewhere totally different. We also spotted three standing stones near there which werenā€™t on the map - so that was definitely a bonus!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Peteyd...your littleā€™un sounds a delight!
                          My lad used to put as many stones in his mouth as possible at that age!
                          Happy memories!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Icy. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning we still have a fair bit of snow but its sunny so hopefully it will it will soon be gone.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly, cloudy and windy out there, but the thaw is continuing. Slowly but surely.

Plenty to get through today. Mr Snoop went out this morning to see if he could get into town and I'm supposed to be working...

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X