This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all
    wet and windy here. Very jealous of your snow Snadge.

l looked up the Bramble stitch MH...it's lovely!

And yes Snoop...that is now a concern re our daughters meat....I'm hoping when the fiddly bits of the Brexit documents are ironed out that it may be allowed. Not very hopeful though...boo hoo...
    We tend to come back from the uk with a load of shopping of things we can't get over here -or are too expensive to buy from the online companies exporting to Europe so it looks like some of those things are going to be impossible to import.
    I'll just have to pig out on Wendsleydale, pork pie, live yogurt, bacon.....when we get over there.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Brighter than yesterday but still cold. I'm going to look at Bramble stitch too, I could do with a challenge! Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Ooh I've done that before, I didn't realise it was called that!

Comment

• Morning all, bright and frosty again, birds fed and fire lit, better feed myself, take care all and keep safe.

Comment

• Morning it looks like being a dry day here

I used to knit every day but gave up around 15 years ago now I just knit a few dish clothes when I need them.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              After all the rain we had overnight its dry and brightening up.
              Knitting, I love it, did all my childrens aran sweaters when they were growing up.
              I tend to knit less complicated patterns these days.
              I am starting to sort out my seeds for a few early dwarf tomato plants.
              I need to get the soil at room temp as it's in the greenhouse.
              Catch you all later, have a good day,

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I used to knit a lot, the more complicated the pattern the better. I just don't have the patience any more. I have just looked up Bramble stitch. I knew it as Blackberry stitch.
                I was amazed a couple of years ago when I visited my sister at Christmas and her daughter was wearing the Snowman and Christmas Tree jumper I had knitted for my sister about 40 years ago. Amazingly it still looked as good as new.
                Nothing exciting happening here today. The elderly relative who went into hospital on Saturday night after a fall "might" be going home but trying to get information is impossible and there is no visiting allowed. She might as well be on another planet 😬

Comment

• Another rubbish morning here, but it seems to have brightened up a touch now.

Not a great deal happening today, just planning for the spring really... oh and looking at getting a new compost bin as the council subsidise them.
                  "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                  - Henry Beard

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    We managed to get out today and had a lovely walk on the beach.
                    Did a bit of pottering in the garden 8n the afternoon.
                    However it's now lashing rain.
                    Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Car is frosty but there's nothing on the ground. Hi Ho off I go. Have a good day All

Comment

• Still here waiting for Green F, the car wouldn't start

Comment

• Morning Flo and all.

That's frustrating, Flo, the car not starting, when you have to get to work, and it's cold, and it's dark, and probably wet too. Hope GF get there soon and the day improves

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Temperature outside a balmy 3 ÂșC, so with any luck the thaw will start. Cloudy, so no help from the sun. Shame. We have petrol for charging the batteries with a generator, but exposed solar panels would be better.

Busy day today so better get cracking. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              Wet and dull here too, but deffo warmer than it has been though

Hope it was something simple with your car Flo?.. How frustrating.

I've found that my car needs a run once a week to stop the battery from conking out, but seeing as we only go out once a fortnight with the Covid problems I'm now thinking it might be better to remove the battery altogether for a few weeks.
                              The camper is off the road so we still have my OH's car. Don't really need 3 vehicles , so it might be time to review if I get rid of mine....* sobs

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Another grey day and rain on the way.
                                Crazy weather, the temp is 10 degs at the moment.
                                No plans for the day.
                                Hope you got to work eventually Flo.
                                Stay safe all and have a good day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts