This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Bramble making soup's always fascinated me, you only need a few items and you soon have a bowl of delicious soup. much tastier than anything you can buy in a tin.
    Totally agree with this! My current favourite is a nice cauliflower and almond soup. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious!
    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
    - Henry Beard

Comment

Morning we have more snow hopefully it won't be around for long.

Good to see you here Jay hope you're doing OK. xx

Originally posted by Peteyd View Post

Totally agree with this! My current favourite is a nice cauliflower and almond soup. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious!
      I've made a cauliflower and stilton soup but never tried using it in other soups I'll have to google for yours. Thanks
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

^^^ ooo...would love the recipe Peteyd- sounds yummy !!!

I’ve only ever made cream of cauliflower soup using cauli

I love making soup too - sometimes we just have roast chicken or chicken thighs cos I want the bones for some soup
        Other excuses are that I have some bread going stale which desperately needs making into croutons ( rather than make breadcrumbs or bread and butter pudding!)
        Last edited by Nicos; 06-01-2021, 10:01 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good Morning All Dull and drizzly again here. Last day of my leave today Have a good day All
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good morning all.
            Dull wet and cold, just 1 deg.
            No plans for the day, just clean and polish and generally put the place back together again.
            Now beginning to look towards sorting seeds for the upcoming season.
            Have a good day and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Morning, freezing again here, proper white and Christmassy, a bit late but hey ho, cauliflower.............................bleurgh.........................(I was going to add an emoticon, but they seem to have vanished, this site is a bit like my shed, bits falling off it).

Comment

Morning all.

Well, I've got the emoticons, Burnie. You can have them back if you like. Would you also like the question mark that's appeared bottom right? I'm guessing that's for the ad I've got blocked but it looks very lonely on its own.

Bright blue today so going to be busy making the most of the electricity. The snow forecast is going up, steady for four days and they're now saying we'll get 65 cm. If you don't hear from me for a few days, you'll know why!

The Kings dropped off a bag of smiles here, so I'll share them around in Rary's absence.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Nearly noon and the car is still frozen even though the sun is shining. All the decorations are now packed away. By the time I'd hoovered up I'd blocked the vac with debris and bunged up the filters with muck. I've had to stop cleaning now as I've washed the filters and they need to air dry (good excuse!!).

Comment

Evening, this mornings snow didn't hang around for long so we wrapped up and went out for a walk. Not many people around but there seemed to be plenty of cars on the roads.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I took my last trip out of town for the foreseeable yesterday. Message from DD who has moved into a Grade II listed ex parsonage. Her “Mum, have you still got that electric handsaw and can I borrow it”. Me “I have. You can”. Next DD- “ And your electric screwdriver” Me” I’ll bring them over”. Which I did. The dogs loved it. Prince went off round the huge garden with my daughters dog. I’ll swear Willy is showing off.

Anyway. I have another electric screwdriver which I was going to put out with the recycling. I changed my mind as I decided that the only real problem with it was that the rechargeable batteries needed changing. After a pita getting the thing open, I was right. So my small contribution to saving the planet is to change the batteries. Looking at the design of the thing, it would have been incredibly easy to have put a door in the handle to be able to install new batteries rather than the very obvious built in obsolescence.

Whilst on the subject of saving the planet, our magazine is still being sent in a non-recyclable plastic envelope. My other hobby magazine now comes in a corn recyclable envelope. Surely a gardening mag should be in the forefront of this?

Anyway. Happy New Year to all grapes. Spring is on its way together with the new growing year.
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        Morning all.

Well, I've got the emoticons, Burnie. You can have them back if you like. Would you also like the question mark that's appeared bottom right? I'm guessing that's for the ad I've got blocked but it looks very lonely on its own.
                        The grey question mark used to be an up arrow as a short cut to get back to the top of the page. Somehow it’s become an ?
                        it works on my iPhone but not on my iPad.
                        Never a dull moment on here...keep up cos it’ll all be different again no doubt!!!!!

Comment

Ha! ...as I was saying the Vine just went down for me and the emoticons etc have now gone for me too!

Comment

Ah....just come back....

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              ^^^ ooo...would love the recipe Peteyd- sounds yummy !!!

I’ve only ever made cream of cauliflower soup using cauli

I love making soup too - sometimes we just have roast chicken or chicken thighs cos I want the bones for some soup
                              Other excuses are that I have some bread going stale which desperately needs making into croutons ( rather than make breadcrumbs or bread and butter pudding!)
                              Ask and thou shall receive.

75g Butter
                              1 Med Onion
                              1 Med Cauliflower (just the white bit, broken down into florets)
                              110g almonds
                              1/4 tsp nutmeg
                              1/4 tsp turmeric
                              850ml Veg Stock
                              Salt & Pepper

Melt Butter in a large pan, Soften onions for a few minutes.
                              Add the cauliflower, almonds (keeping a few back for a garnish at the end), nutmeg and turmeric. stir and cook for 5 minutes or so.
                              Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the cauliflower is nicely cooked.
                              Blend to a nice smooth texture
                              Season and serve!
                              "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                              - Henry Beard

Comment

Thank you!,,....I’ll definitely be trying that..mmm...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X