This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all.

Decorations all down and carried upstairs. Just having a break and a cuppa before heaving them up the ladder into the loft, then it's all put away for another year. Spring bulbs to look forward to now
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Morning

Mothhwak doesn't it make the room look lost for a few days without the decorations being around, I packed mine away the other day but still spotting bits of glitter on the carpet.

Have a good day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good Morning All Just starting to take down the tree. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all

I've just packed away all but the tree decorations. Those can come down tomorrow.
          Know what you mean about feeling lost Bren. Maybe though that's why when they go up everything feels so cheery?
          Much as I love them , they'd be overfacing all year!!

More camper planning today - OH has been to the garage where they say can fit the heater and battery underneath !...that'll give us a bit more room inside..Yey!

As you say MH...spring bulbs to look forward to.
          My grape hyacinth are already in leaf but no flowers yet and there are tiny daffodil leaves poking through the soil in the more protected parts of the garden.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I took the Christmas cards down yesterday. I think everything else will be coming down today. No doubt I'll still be finding odd bits of glitter in August as usual. The only place I'm going today is to collect a prescription for my husband from the local chemists.

Comment

Morning all. Gone ten o'clock here and the frost is showing no sign of thawing despite the sun. The snow forecast is firming up... 45 cm they're currently predicting for our region, though we usually get more locally. High temps not forecast to get back above zero till Wednesday next week and even then they'll still be very cold. So could take a while to thaw...

Sorry to hear about the latest lockdown. Hope you're all staying safe and well.

Comment

Morning all quiet on the northern front, cold but bits of blue sky, got a job to do in the greenhouse, just waiting for the sun to warm it up a bit, stay safe all.

Comment

Good morning all.
                  We are taking down the tree and decorations today.
                  It always looks so dull and drab for a few days afterwards.
                  But Christmas is over and now it's time to look towards a new growing season.
                  Have a good day all and stay safe,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Eugh, What a miserable morning! Wet, dreery and cold. fairly sure this is just an extension of Monday...
                    "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                    - Henry Beard

Comment

Afternoon all, sun has been peeping through the clouds, ground still frozen but a nice walk round the fields has been had. Blow away has been built it the greenhouse to act as warmer cold frame, pots have compost in and are now warming up in the conservatory ready for potting on the Red Onions.

Comment

Afternoon, nothing outdoors for me today I’ve been making batches of soup, minestrone then mixed veg and lentil. So plenty for the freezer. I do like making soup

Comment

Good evening all.
                          16.30 and it's still bright, or am I clutching at straws.
                          Christmas packed up and back in the attic.
                          Thinking about xkrting my seeds now.
                          Enjoy your evening.
                          Bren, I love making soup especially when it's my own home grown veg.
                          It gives me a great sense of achievement.
                          Looking forward to the growing season.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Bramble making soup's always fascinated me, you only need a few items and you soon have a bowl of delicious soup. much tastier than anything you can buy in a tin.

Comment

Happy 2021 everyone!! Hope you are all well. x
                              sigpic

Comment

Mornin n’alln’all

Lovely to see you Jay!

Today is finishing off taking down the tree decorations.
                                Yesterday I actually got around to repairing some of them!
                                Every year I seem to rush and think I’ll repair/clean up when I get them out the following Xmas but seem too rushed when the time comes. Just repairing some bits on wooden or metal decorations and clearing off candle wax...that sort of thing. I bet I’m the only one who just normally just plonks them in boxes

Not sure, but I may have another trip out to the mega diy store today or tomorrow -just to collect the rest of the wood we needed. It was out of stock last time.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X