• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Good morning all.

Bright and sunny again - lovely.

Good decision on the jab, Nicos. My mum had the AZ, I had Pfizer, neither of us had any side effects apart from the usual vaccination bruised arm sensation (no actual bruise of course).

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all from a lovely sunny Dublin.

Once again congratulations Nicos and looking forward to hearing her name.
    Very exciting times and when the shops open again you will find yourself browsing the baby aisles.
    Jay, it will be your turn soon.
    Sundsy used to be the day we went to mass but it's now online.
    Have a good day and enjoy the sunshine, those who have it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Te he...I know exactly what you mean gf.

For me I suppose it’s just an excuse to say “ It’s Sunday....I’ll do it tomorrow” if I don’t fancy doing something!Does that make me lazy?

Actually Sundays here in France are much quieter than the rest of the week. Shops are closed apart from a few basic shops in the morning. It’s very family orientated. So much so the younger generation are starting to rebel about having to eat en Famille yet again and preferring to spend their day with their friends.
    Last edited by Nicos; 28-02-2021, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Good decision on the jab, Nicos. It's an excuse for two celebrations, one on the actual day and another a couple of days later just because.

Chilly and very cloudy here today. Got loads to do indoors and out. Probably more sensible to stay in, though. Ah well. Never enough hours in the day.

Hope you all have a good one.

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Ok Thank you.....decision made...I’ll accept the appointment rather than delay it !

Little’n is going home today - hopefully - and we may even have a decision on her name soon too!

Enjoy your day peeps. Funnily enough it feels like a Sunday.
    What does Sunday feel like nowadays? Modern Sunday's are fine for me just an extension of Saturday when in normal times I might meet up with family and friends, but as a small child I hated Sunday. My mother used to make me wear my "best" clothes (generally uncomfortable, scratchy and with awful accessories) and then make me stay clean all day and go to Sunday school.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Ok Thank you.....decision made...I’ll accept the appointment rather than delay it !

Little’n is going home today - hopefully - and we may even have a decision on her name soon too!

Enjoy your day peeps. Funnily enough it feels like a Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its sunny but frosty here.

MrP had the AZ jab he was fine until late evening then he felt achy during the night he woke up feeling very cold by next morning he felt more or less fine apart from feeling like he was getting over a cold.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All and have the jab Nicos Frosty here. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I 'd have the jab too. In the unlikely event you have to postpone your birthday celebrations at least you'll know you're building protection.

Leave a comment:

• Compostman2
    replied
    I had the Oxford one 2 weeks ago no issues from it.
    Personally I would have jab and postpone birthday.
    Last edited by Compostman2; 28-02-2021, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cariann88
    replied
    Morning Nicos and all

I have my covid vaccine. It was the pfizer one. I was fine but just had a very sore arm the day after. Do whatever you think is best for you. If you want to celebrate your birthday then delay it till after your birthday. You could be fine from the injection but everyone is different.

Hope that helps you Nicos

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Thanks Jay ...Won’t be long for you ...I’m really excited for you too now !

Tis a cold start here with more frost...I think we’ll move the camper into the sun today to work on it.

Now...,I have a question for those of you who have had a COVID Injection...
    ( part of this is mental health related too )
    I ‘ve been offered the AZ one the day before my birthday. I am allowed to delay it if I wish. Thing is, we always look forward to doing something simple but spesh on our birthdays and having read about what others have gone through for several days afterwards, I’m concerned about the side effects tbh spoiling my day.
    Given the chance, would you have postponed yours by 2 days or celebrated it 2 days earlier( which deffo to me isn’t the same) and just think how grateful I should be even being offered it at all
    Last edited by Nicos; 28-02-2021, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Aww the blooming day I don’t tune in till late it happens!!! Congratulations to you and your family Nicos, so exciting!! What a big baby, not surprised though being 15 days overdue!!
    Thanks for the drink...can’t wait until I’m doing the same!!
    So very pleased for you all!!! x

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    What's the little Princess called Nicos?
    Not been decided yet! Hopefully soon though.

Many thanks for everyone’s kind comments - it’s really touching and much appreciated.

I’ve actually just popped in to treat you all a drink...do help yourselves ...it’s just over there.... enjoy! ..

Leave a comment:

• JanieB
    replied
    How lovely Nicos. It's a long time since my 1st grandchild who will be 29 on Monday. I still remember how it feels. I'm raising a glass.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X