X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    Last jigsaw I did a couple of years ago was a Mary Berry recipe and picture. (Raspberry roulade I think). It wasn't that big but it was a pain and all the time we were doing it I was praying there weren't any pieces missing from the middle of the recipe bit as my husband bought it from a charity shop. It was intact..... I gave it away to my sister then. Still haven't made the roulade...... My other sister has just texted to tell me she is very excited to be booked in for her "passport towards freedom" (jab) this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I’ve still not broken up that jigsaw with the missing piece yet!
    Still hopeful of finding that piece

gf....OH swears by plain live yog if ever he has problems like that.
    Hope yours feels brighter soon - horrid thing to experience x

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Morning all, hope hubby’s feeling better soon GF!
    Mild here this morning with some cloud but I believe the sun has to make an appearance soon, fingers crossed.
    I’ve decided I’m only doing two things today...make a Victoria Sponge and some butter chicken and that’s it! Can’t be bothered with anything else. It’s just one of those days.
    Talking about jigsaws. OH bought me one...It was of Waterloo Station. Top half was set in one time period the bottom in another time period. Same pic, different times. Finished it during first lockdown. Off and on it only took 15 years!!! Used to do a bit, shove it under the bed and forget about it for ages then go back do another bit. Hated breaking it up once I’d finished.
    Anyhoo, hope you have a lovely day. Don’t do too much! x

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Beautiful blue sky and sunshine here too. The car is still slowly defrosting. My husband has been awake all night with upset stomach so is still feeling under the weather.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

The oddest puzzle I've done was a magic eye one the majority of the pieces looked the same.
    Ha!... and there’s me fretting if there is too much sky or leaf canopy!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    MH... Interesting! ....it looks like there are several different breeds of guinea fowl...I wonder if you had a quieter/ calmer breed?

Mornin Snadge...a nice bit of chainsawing sounds rewarding. Don’t ya just love the smell of freshly cut/ split wood?mmmm...

We also had a light frost overnight .
    Yesterday I found a couple of last winters amaryllis sprouting in the barn...(couldn't find them when I looked for them in the autumn) so I left them outside during the day to get a bit of sunlight....and only just remembered them on the way to bed , so left them on the floor in the kitchen. Glad I did!!!!
    Speaking of which....Lidl isn’t very far from the MOT centre we are going to this afternoon and they are selling Amaryllis in terracotta pots for 2.99€ so I may just quickly pop in and buy a few.
    I think just buying the pot would normally cost more than that!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its frosty here as well, the garden looks all sparkly

The oddest puzzle I've done was a magic eye one the majority of the pieces looked the same.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all

Looks to be a light frost here as well but sun is shining that's the main thing.

I might try and whittle down the log pile today with a bit of chain sawing, we'll see.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

There's a white frost here FF, clear blue sky and sunshine!

Snoop, I kept guineas with my banties for 5 years. They only make a row when intruders are about - fox, strange cats/dogs, people. They had free range, and mostly slept outside too, roosting on the roof ridge of the old coach-house.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning you two and All and Happy Friday Very cold here today but no frost. On leave next week and I'm glad, it was hard getting up this morning. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin Snoop...hope you found the cuppa I'd left out for you?

I was wondering if you might be out by the bright moonlight gardening!...te hé!

I've never done a 3D puzzle...my brain goes into shock just thinking about them!
    I think the ones Bren and Bramble were talking about have a different picture from the front of the box but clues to solve a mystery to help work it out? ( like what magic potion will save your life)... never heard of those either until I saw/ read about them yesterday I must try and keep up with the times!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

You need some guinea fowl, Snoop. They'll eat all those bugs and aphids and ticks too. They are also as good watchdogs as geese are, except they don't chase and peck
    I had the same thought as Nicos... Very noisy. We'd have the hunters here like a shot too. Oh, an unintended pun. Not sure whether to be pleased or apologetic.

Anyway, busy, busy again. Fortunately, only got to keep this up for the next few days, then it's only busy.

3D jigsaws? I had no idea such a thing existed. Mr Snoop might like making a globe. Is that the kind of thing you're talking about? I shall have to look into this. How do they keep shape? Do you glue the bits together? You'd have to be sure you'd got the right piece in the right place? And I'm trying to imagine what a jigsaw other than a 'normal' or '3D' one might be. Quantum? Chemicals? I shall have to look into this. Next week some time.

Right, on with the show. Hope you all have a great day.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Well...I'm awake again ...looks like Hibou is affected by the moon too!

Looks like our daughter has the consultant's OK to wait another few days. Methinks they may have reviewed her dates perhaps?...anyway, no other news apart from that.

I wonder if planting out fruit trees yesterday might help bring her on ?!!!

Today our 4x4 is due its first MOT and we are pretty sure it'll fail as we've not been able to get hold of a French left side headlight. Plenty of right hand ones around but we can't source any left hand ones.
    Clearly not in production at the moment due to Covid...I hope they make exceptions because of that. Not good cos it's our main vehicle.
    Fingers and toes crossed for us please, even if it makes gardening hard for you...everybit helps!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    I’ve just been looking at various jigsaws- I’d no idea anything other than ‘ normal ‘ ones and 3D ones existed!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    No wonder I can’t sleep....I’ve just realised it’s almost full moon
    It really seems to affect me...must be all my water content!
    I just knew it’s not fat!!!
    Last edited by Nicos; 26-02-2021, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X