X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, cold and foggy, winters still here, 3 degrees in the greenhouse last night, where did I put that fleece..........................

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good morning all,thanks for the kind words,looks a dull overcast day thus far outside,
    Ref outside help,the so called help i did get,to wash and get to bed,was great initialy,it got me back into a better place,also combind with some family help,the thing was,the care system got extremely slopy,not so much the cares themselves,as some were brilliant,but,the so called management is no good,they introduced 2 new young peeps,who had baisicly very little so called training on the job,once each at ours,then put on their own ,it ended up with so may different peeps,was not good for him or me,they were supposed to come about 10 am,well,on the days he gets up {like today}at 8am,and needs stripping off and showered,it is better for me to do it,otherwise it is strip,put something else on him until they do turn up,could be gone 11am,as for when he has falls,i have been tolled ring the ambulance,111,i waited a long while for them,to be tolled when they arrived to dial 999,it to is a nightmare,the operators WILL NOT listen,that all you need is a help up,instead,they tell me to be quiet and listen,is the patient breathing ext ext,so it is very very confusing WHAT to actually do,things have been better the last month since i have been doing it on my own,he has a better routine,and responds well to me most of the time,once i have moved,it will be good,as family on tap so to speak,who are in the caring profession,the care i was getting i have to contribut,it adds up to a lot more than his allowance,this bill is not yet sorted,when it did come i questioned it,result is,even head office could not understand it,still waiting to hear,exactly what i DO need to pay,so all in all to sum it up,it was good to start out with,when i needed it most,got to be a ruddy pain and more stress,especially when no one came,then tolled lies about her so called visit,,i just get very flustered when he has his episodes,still no responce whatsoever ref pads,so have to go get myself,such is life,i still count myself lucky compared to others poor souls ,hence my desperation to move xx

everyone blames covid
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-03-2021, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Damp, drizzly and cold here. Nothing planned today, but might spend some more time with the jigsaw to prevent me from filling the day with housework. Have is next week now, they have no vaccine this week! Happy to wait. Have a good day and Lottie take care

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Good morning everybody.

It's drizzling here, and cold. No plans for the day. I'd bake, but as I've given up flour for Lent, and to lose some weight, that's out.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning, it was misty earlier but thats about cleared otherwise another dry day here still very cold though.

Lottie like the others have said you do need more help especially with these episodes, at least a contact number for help when MR needs picking up of the floor.

Some baking today then of to buy compost.

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-03-2021, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Agreeing with the others Lottie . But only you will ‘know’ when you need to ask for the extra help....but don’t make things harder for yourself x

Quick brew...then need to crack on with ‘stuff’

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Completely agree with Snadger and Bramble, LD. I know it's not long till you move, but Social Services will even help to coordinate the move to your new area and get you set up with your new Social Services dept.

Good news, Burnie.

Up early to get a huge file off the internet for work purposes. Downloaded in record time, thank goodness. Sometimes it doesn't half drag on.

The weather reports say mostly sunny today. As they all agree, I'll take it that will in fact be the case. Still too dark out there to be sure. Funny to think that in a few months I'll be out there gardening at this time of day to make the most of the cool. Which reminds me, Mr Snoop has put in the posts, fencing will go up this weekend. And with any luck I shall find time to start off some seeds, or at least get things ready. Loads of work to get through first, though.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all. The weather stayed cool and grey but I got out for a walk
    Bumped into a friend while I was out and we had a long catchup.
    pottered in the garden and sowed some seeds.

Lottie, I hope you can get some home help or support. It's too much for you to manage on your own.
    Take care of your own health, you can only do do much.
    Hoping all works out for you.
    Have a good night all and stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Evening all, a quiet but nice day, video call with both kids and their families, everyone's bearing up, daughters moved to a new house, can't wait to be able to visit. Son is making plans to buy a place too when he leaves the forces after 24 years, he already has job plans on the horizon too, happy day. Take care all.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Went out with dog this morning and just kept walking, and walking, and walking! Dog and I were cream crackered when we got home.
    Still didn't stop me visiting the allotment this afternoon though!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
    Good evening all,a busy day today,am pleased with myself,got domestics done,looks and feels better,man came to look at what we got for moving,will let me know when is worked out a price,wow,summat else in the wings,all good,last night MR gave me a fright,got him stood up to the frame to get ready for bed,and he suddenly had brain freeze,could not do,there i was at back of him arms around to steady him,next thing,lets go of frame,and crumples to the floor,and darned nearly had me with him,managed to deviate away from glass TV and unit,thank the lord,rang a nearby male friend who came and got him up,i was not to clever rest of the evening,it has upset my joints again,i will survive,thats the 3rd time he has had an episode in as many weeks,so deffo getting worse,today new ok,bless him,it is a horrible thing to have,he was a bit bothered about me,said sorry,BUT i reasured him nothing to be sorry about,previously in the day i was resting a lot as i felt not good and a bad head,could not nap,as was expecting a parcel,so it hit me harder than it would have,all fine now,till next time,had a chat with eldest later,and done me good,life,stay safe and do what you want,whilst you can,going to check the dinner now,
    Can you not get any help from social services Lottie. It's a bit much to ask you to cope by yourself.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Good evening all,a busy day today,am pleased with myself,got domestics done,looks and feels better,man came to look at what we got for moving,will let me know when is worked out a price,wow,summat else in the wings,all good,last night MR gave me a fright,got him stood up to the frame to get ready for bed,and he suddenly had brain freeze,could not do,there i was at back of him arms around to steady him,next thing,lets go of frame,and crumples to the floor,and darned nearly had me with him,managed to deviate away from glass TV and unit,thank the lord,rang a nearby male friend who came and got him up,i was not to clever rest of the evening,it has upset my joints again,i will survive,thats the 3rd time he has had an episode in as many weeks,so deffo getting worse,today new ok,bless him,it is a horrible thing to have,he was a bit bothered about me,said sorry,BUT i reasured him nothing to be sorry about,previously in the day i was resting a lot as i felt not good and a bad head,could not nap,as was expecting a parcel,so it hit me harder than it would have,all fine now,till next time,had a chat with eldest later,and done me good,life,stay safe and do what you want,whilst you can,going to check the dinner now,

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

Oh dear Flo...how frustrating

lovely day here too, but a very cold start.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    A misty start to the day.
    Off out to collect my prescription from the doctors surgery.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Foggy and damp here. Thanks for the ideas Bren. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X