Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A magic bean to plant and then you can climb back home again. We'll even give you some buns and cake to eat while we're waiting for it to grow. And some flour to take with you so that you don't have to grind any bones to make your own.

Comment

Is the bar open yet?

Comment

"Grind bones to make flour", the giant replied in a quizzical tone. "I've never heard of such a thing. And whose bones? There's no-one here but me. And that there goose. And a few birds, bees and butterflies. Oh, and ladybirds. So useful in the garden. And there's no point giving me a climbing bean to grow. I have no luck with them. Altogether far more success with the dwarf variety."

Mothhawk was getting fidgety by now. It really was time for tea (or coffee) and buns.

Comment

Whilst all this chattering with our Big Friendly Giant was going on, Snadge had dashed home and brought in his famous creation....a leek pie no less!
          Not just any old leek pie but Snadgers home grown leek and prize winning pastry Pie

And seeing as no-one had answered Burnie question about the bar being open, he"™d set to cleaning it up and was just pulling the first pint which he handed to the giant who was delicately holding it between his finger and thumb ....
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

"Eeh, this takes me back", said the giant. Then he knocked it back on one and handed the glass to Burnie, who was quite happy to refill it because he could do the same to his own glass and no-one else would notice. In any case, cleaning bars washard work and he definitely deserved it.

Comment

But GF had noticed and she was thirsty too. She looked at the filthy glasses still waiting to be washed. "Just give me a very, very long straw and poke one end in that barrel of red wine over there please" she requested.

Comment

"Don't suppose I could have a piece of that marvellous-looking leek pie, could I?" asked the giant.

"Well, it is only one pie and you are rather a large giant", replied Snadger.

Comment

So he passed the pie to the Giant and dashed home for his back up emergency rations leek and potato pie...not just any old pie of course but Snadgers home grown leek and potato Pie....

Comment

Burnie, thinking how generous Snadge was , had a freshly pulled pint for him...then decided to line up a particularly neat row of beers , one after another as gf and he washed ,polished, and filled the glasses ( well, it IS Friday night after all !!!!)
                    Not wanting to interrupt them Nicos placed several home made pizzas on the table...oh YUM said....

Comment

Snoop, who had been keeping her head down but now decided that she'd better help out if she wanted any of the goodies. She handed the giant the broom. And as he had such a long reach, and she went along behind him with the brush and pan, the floor was swept clean in next to no time.

"Time to get the lights and tinsel out", thought Janie, "seeing as we've got a handy giant and so won't need to go up that ancient ladder we've been using since the year dot." And off she went to rummage for the decorations.

Everyone was so busy they didn't notice...

Comment

...that Flo was 3/4 of the way through decorating an amazing Xmas tree which she'd found propped up outside the GR....

Comment

should we have a star or a fairy on top? asks barman Burnie

Comment

Definitely a fairy, but I can't find her. Her wand is here though, does anyone know a summoning spell?
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Got it - Accio! but oh dear, just remembered that's only for objects - everyone duck because flying at the speed of light comes ....
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

...a vintage Wurlitzer Juke box containing nothing but Christmas hits from over the years....blinking 'ek said rary.....I've not seen one of those for decades and decades.........and to check it was still working he found a mint condition old penny in his pocket and chose his favourite song.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X