Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's up and decorated but I can't get a decent pic of it it's so dazzling. I'll try when it's dark. I usually have lots of battery operated trees, candles, snowglobes and houses, but they're not coming out this year. The tree and the fireplace will be enough.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• First time in 50 years there's no tinsel on it!

Comment

• Evening n"™alln"™all
        not been around today...we"™ve been putting furniture back into the lounge!!!!! Yippeeeer
        we only started it September 2019
        Even hibou lay on the new rug in front of the woods stove enjoying the bliss.

Speaking of which...she didn"™t come in last night...nor this morning....which often indicates she"™s managed to get herself locked in somewhere.
        Having hunted high and low for several hours - with the help of all the neighbours - we grew rather despondent and started thinking the worst.
        But...low and behold...she"™d managed to get herself shut in one of our store rooms. Feeeeed meeee was her first response ...then let me out !!!!( as she waddled her full bladder towards the back door)

I"™m hoping to get our Xmas boxes out tomorrow or Friday....it"™s deffo going to be a bit of a strange Xmas but I"™m determined to make it fun and speak to loads of family and friends in the run up....it"™ll be strange for them too.....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Congratulations on finishing the lounge in time for Christmas, Nicos!
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Congratulations on the tree, FF. Congratulations on the lounge, Nicos.

Me, I'm hard(ish) at work reorganising the pantry still. A couple more shelves to do and even room for a few more items and then that's it. Then I can spread out my bun and bread accoutrements to my heart's content. There are rather a lot of them and seeing them properly sorted in the same place will (probably) stop me from buying more. I certainly don't need to buy any more lentils. Between the brown and the green ones, the red and the Puy ones, the split yellow and the black ones, I've got getting on for 13 kg! Just as well I like lentils...

Hope you all have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, supermarket shopping first then it depends on the weather after that.

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and drizzly again here. Well done Nicos and Snoop. Have a good day All

Comment

• Good mornig all.
                  Dull and grey but no rain.
                  Going to browse some local shops this morning for Christmas gifts.
                  Life would be easier if I knew what I was looking for.
                  Always find it difficult to find gifts for a few of my family members.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well done all you tidiers and organisers. My Christmas ornaments are still in the depths of a cupboard. I keep thinking about getting them out. I have a feeling that I bought some extra lights in a January sale last year. I don't usually put decorations up this early but this year I am torn between doing it early and not bothering at all.
                    Since the first lockdown our doctor's started a different prescription service which did away with having to go to the doctor's reception to collect prescriptions, but had them sent direct to a chemist of the patients choice, and it works very well, but.......It just takes one deaf old lady to confuse us all...... I have just spent forever tracking down her prescription!

Comment

• Mornin n"™alln"™all

peeing down here this morning and over night...who pinched my lovely weather????

OH is fixing skirting boards today...we got all the furniture back in ( minus a few cos they don"™t really go anymore) , rugs down.....lit the fire last night and sipped a few whiskies to celebrate.
                      Hibou nonchalantly wandered in and sprawled out in front of fire to join us.

Am totally reconsidering the "˜ ornaments"™ we had on shelves etc before...going to minimalise and give the rest away .

I"™ll leave sorting that out properly until the Xmas decorations are down...

Speaking of which, the rest of my outdoor lights arrived today. The strings arrived weeks ago and when we finally got around to opening them they"™d put in the wrong coloured cables and no plugs!!!! ...well, they arrived today..yippee!

Bramble - I used to look through the Argos catalogue for inspiration...but those days are gone now eh?

We got a message this morning from a parcel delivery company to say they had delivered our parcel to a shop which accepts deliveries for rural areas. Usually they are within 5 km.....this one is a 20 minute drive away I think Santa should give him a new atlas for Xmas
                      So...it"™s near a huge hypermarket, so we just might nip in - not that we need anything , but I fancy looking at baby clothes seeing as our first grandchild is due in the next 10 weeks!!!!!

Enjoy your day peeps - don"™t get lost in your store cupboard Snoop!!!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all, Baltic up here with sleet forecast for later, the gritter/snow plough has just been to the top of our close, so it's bound to rain and wash the salt away!.
                        Got my electric propagator filled with trays and compost warming up for Onion seed planting later, gardening recommenced for 2021 already lol, I'm a few weeks earlier than I usually start, hoping for better results than last years.

Comment

• Evening its rained all day here so apart from my morning shopping I've spent the rest of the day indoors, mostly reading, and finishing of my cards
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Miserable outside. Was due to go shopping but have decided not to. Am sending Mr Snoop out for eggs but nothing else required really. Plenty of other stuff to be doing here in any case. Work, bills and finish sorting out the pantry and then deciding where I'm going to put all my bun trays.

Right, on with the show. Mr Snoop is making coffee and, as ever, it will demand my full attention. Since my nose op, coffee smells absolutely amazing. The best smell in the world, apart from inside my flour, chocolate and dried fruit and nuts cupboard, which is also pretty good!

OK. That's enough of that. Have a good day, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              Morning all.

Miserable outside. Was due to go shopping but have decided not to. Am sending Mr Snoop out for eggs but nothing else required really. Plenty of other stuff to be doing here in any case. Work, bills and finish sorting out the pantry and then deciding where I'm going to put all my bun trays.

Right, on with the show. Mr Snoop is making coffee and, as ever, it will demand my full attention. Since my nose op, coffee smells absolutely amazing. The best smell in the world, apart from inside my flour, chocolate and dried fruit and nuts cupboard, which is also pretty good!

OK. That's enough of that. Have a good day, everyone. Catch you all later.
                              Morning all.

You have just reminded me of the smell of my Grans pantry when I was a bairn, Snoop.
                              Funny how after over 50 years I can still remember that glorious smell and the coolness of her pantry.
                              Our first covering of snaw here today so that should make for interesting driving later on.

TTFN and take care all.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Very cold here. The forecast on my phone is rain/sleet and snow. We shall see. I probably won't be going far. Yesterday afternoon I went to collect the deaf old ladies "missing" prescription. Got to the chemist I'd already rung to find it wasn't there. But they did have a different prescription for her. After yet more listening to annoying muzak on the phone I did find out which chemist had it, the absolutely useless local 'Boots' where if the staff ever speeded up to a snail's pace I'd cheer. After over half an hour queueing outside in the rain just to collect it I was ready to strangle someone, especially when I could see half a dozen staff chatting and laughing in the back with just one person serving. I must admit I told the old lady that if she chose that chemist again she could pick it up herself.
                                Wow, I can see snowflakes!!!
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 04-12-2020, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X