This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Spoilers...*spoilers alert!!!!

Oh...and Janie....keep your eyes peeled this coming Friday!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I've pencilled in Friday. Just so's you're all forewarned, I wouldn't mind a birthday party on Sunday. Nothing rowdy, so we don't upset the neighbours. And better be over by 6 pm to abide by the rules. Anyway, better get the brooms, dustpans and brushes out in readiness. Does anyone remember where the glasses are? Oh, and the plates. I really don't like scotch eggs, but if you don't mind me leaving the egg, I'll eat one for the sake of having a substantial meal.

Comment

• Blue sky and sunny here but very cold. The car is still semi-frozen. Oooooh Snoop, the thought of a proper fire in the bedroom. How snuggly. I love the sight and sound of a coal or wood fire. A fleeting memory of my grandad teaching me how to roll paper sticks has just popped into my mind.

Comment

• Good Morning All Cleaned the shower while I was in it Thanks Snoop I am enjoying it very much. Tree was delivered yesterday, so that's today's job. If I don't like it it's tough! Have a good day All
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Dull but dry with the sun trying to put in an appearance,
            We are back in level 3 from today,
            We have been locked down since 22nd October.
            Department stores and hairdressers are now opening.
            Off out for a walk while the weather is nice and then back to the garden.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• So pleased with the tree, it's pre -lit and hinged so was much easier to put up than the last one. I haven't decorated it yet, think I'll save that job until tomorrow.

Comment

• I nipped out and got most of what I 'needed'....the rest can wait!

My son said he bought a tree from Ikea on Sunday ...£30 and I think he said he got a money off food voucher gifted back. Said it worked out at £9 for the tree!
                not bad eh??

Not sure when we'll get ours -we leave it up until 6th Jan over here so if you put it up too early it falls to pieces as you walk past it by New Year! Will have a think....

Flo...when you've decorated your tree , do you fancy creating a new thread and posting your piccies of it???...you know how nosey we all are!!!!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I can certainly try Nicos

Comment

• Evening all, quiet day today, bit of modelling done on the railway, but that was it, still ordering stuff online, getting delivered to the recipient, means they won't be gift wrapped but needs must in these times. Take care all, off to find my crampons, looks like snow for us this week to lower levels too.

Comment

• Morning all.

Wondering whether I should bother putting up a tree this year. Looks like Leicestershire will be in Tier 3 till the end of time. The city has had no break since March and now the county is lumped with them again.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Where do the weeks go? I can't believe it's Wednesday already. This time last year, we were getting ready for a deluge of people to come and visit, as they do every year. That feels like a lifetime ago, yet this year also seems to have shot by. Getting old, I guess. My feet would agree with the last statement!

Anyway, lots to do, especially write bills, otherwise we'll run out of money!

Good to hear you're having fun, FF. We usually put up decorations with the kids who come to visit this time of year. We could put up some fairy lights in the kitchen, says Mr Snoop.

Hang on in there, mothhawk. The vaccine's coming. Might be later rather than sooner, but it's coming.

Right, have a good one, everyone. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Morning all

Guess what we are having for brekkie this morning...TROUT! fillets!!

Went fishing for a couple of hours yesterday, without my eldest son who is a jinx. The last twice I have went fishing with him I blanked so I didn't tell him I was going. Anyway, he is a fair weather fisherman with his tent and being wrapped up like an eskimo. He wasn't pleased I hadn't told him as he is working from home and can book in a days holiday at short notice, but hey ho, I caught a nice trout and that's what matters.
                          I think I am going to get roped into venturing into the attic this morning to retrieve the Crimbo decorations and lights and no doubt get the job of putting them up.
                          Not a bad job to do so no problems there.

I must order some logs even though I far from desperate. I know its a busy time for log deliveries so need to get my order in quickly.

TTFN and see ya later.
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                            Wondering whether I should bother putting up a tree this year. Looks like Leicestershire will be in Tier 3 till the end of time. The city has had no break since March and now the county is lumped with them again.
                            Mothhawk we haven't had a Christmas tree in years instead the mantelpiece is decorated with holly and pine cones that we've collected on walks it looks festive and I'm happy with it. As a bonus the whole lot gets burned after.

Snadger I know what you mean about wrapped up fisherman we see some at our local pond and they have more gear than we take camping, enjoy your fish.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull and cold here. Haven't made a start on anything yet but it's a good feeling that I have plenty of time. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                We have taken the Christmas decorations out from under the eaves but that's ad far as we went.
                                Maybe put the tree up next year but the way the year is going I dont feel very festive.
                                Our library reopened yesterday so I will be heading there this morning.
                                Not a lot else going on.
                                Have a good day and stay safe.

Mothhawk, its soul destroying being locked down for so long but hopefully with this vaccine we will have a better 2021.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X