This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No.

Is the short answer. The dogs and cats are our best deterrents. But this batch of rodents have tucked themselves right out of the way. Anyway, time to strategise this weekend, I think.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue and a bit chilly. Touch of frost in the night.

A long weekend here for most sensible people but a working day, pretty much, for me. First off, breakfast to fortify ourselves for trying to formulate a rat removal plan. Wish us luck.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Slept badly last night. Yup - you guessed it - another full moon tonight

Snoop- do you know anyone with ferrets???? Just a thought!

Has anyone ever used or seem this stove top ‘oven’ .....I’m thinking it might come in handy for the camper van????
        https://www.omniasweden.com/us/
        (might be useful for small batches of bread rolls for you snoop in summer when you don’t want to light the stove?)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all,
          What a dreadful morning.
          We are being hammered by storm Aiden.
          lots of power outages and flooding but luckily we in Dublin are getting the least of it.
          Definitely an indoor day.
          Tonight we are having a Halloween Zoom quiz with the family and its costumes only, should be fun.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, wild and windy but not too wet at the moment, been and fed the birds and pruned a few long bit on the likes of the thornless blackberry, just so the wind damage is reduced, I will do it properly later when it all calms down. Takes care all and stay safe.

Comment

• Good Morning All Wet and windy here. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, high wind and torrential rain here so won't be doing any work today, thankfully OH had done all the housework yesterday, so can sit and relax today ​​​​​ just sitting watching the birds how they can move about in these winds is nothing but fantastic
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Dry and windy here!

OH is pleased as it’s dried out the lawns -so he’s out there with the mower.

Its amazing watching the different layers of clouds zooming past at different heights and slightly different directions.

Not sure I’d want to be in a hot air balloon in that!
                  ( not that I’ve ever been in one!!!!)

Sounds like you are in for a fun evening bramble!
                  I always hang up small smiling happy paper ghosts for tonight.
                  My father died 42 years ago this weekend so I like to raise a glass to him tomorrow.He was a happy guy - always whistling - you don’t hear many peeps whistling these days do you?

Today I shall mostly be knitting - I’ve been given some bamboo wool and it’s lovely and soft .
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Mornin n’alln’all

Slept badly last night. Yup - you guessed it - another full moon tonight

Snoop- do you know anyone with ferrets???? Just a thought!

Has anyone ever used or seem this stove top ‘oven’ .....I’m thinking it might come in handy for the camper van????
                    (might be useful for small batches of bread rolls for you snoop in summer when you don’t want to light the stove?)
                    I don't know anyone with ferrets, no. Mr Snoop is currently down there having a big clear out. I poked the tip of the blade of my scythe in a hole in the ceiling and three huge fat rats came charging out of another hole. With any luck they've exited left out of a hole that Mr Snoop has made for drainage purposes and which I will now be campaigning to have filled. Doubtless they'll be back before Mr Snoop has finished, but at least we know what we're up against. And that they can be frightened out.

As for those ovens, they're really popular in Italy. There are loads on Amazon with all kinds of accessories, though I've never seen that bread roll mould. I did think about one, yes. Maybe I need to think again!

As an aside, I've just bought and set up a new keyboard. Goodness but it's fantastic. When you're a touch typist who spends hours clacking away, you really notice the difference. I'm not just bonkers! (Though that too.)

Comment

• I have to have a keyboard to touch type Snoop, I find it nigh on impossible on a laptop and it's frustrating with two fingers! Pesky rats I hope you get rid of them soon. My dad died today Nicos, 48 years ago and was cremated on Bonfire night. He would have laughed because he always said to throw him on the bonfire in his old chair!

Comment

• Hello Folks, it took 6 attempts to post this morning, I finaly gave up but now back on I see it had posted, rain has stopped just now but still high winds, just nipping out to refill the bird feeders
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Mornin n’alln’all

We don't own one but have seen others using them, they seemed to get good results.

We mostly stay on farms when we're camping so don't use electric we find a small pressure cooker and a stove top sandwich toaster are handy to have.

Sounds like the wind has finally died down for the first time today
                          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 31-10-2020, 06:04 PM.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning another wet and windy day here, so apart from the GH i'll be mostly indoors.

Nicos i've not tried bamboo wool but I did own a pair of socks that were comfy. they seemed to wear out rather fast though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

The rats are gone. For now, at least. Phew. Guess they didn't like the scythe. Wish I'd thought of that earlier. Still, better late than never.

Bright blue and a bit chilly, again. Better make the most of it. Going to get cloudy towards the end of the week and we might even get a bit of rain.

Have lovely days, everyone. Stay safe.

Comment

• Good Morning All Stopped raining now and the Sun's shining. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X