This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Dull and grey here but lots of rain during the night.
    No pitch and putt today, the powers that be closed them down under level 5.
    This is an outdoor activity played with own clubs and balls!!!
    So packing away my summer clothes and tidying the bedroom presses is as exciting as it gets today,l
    Enjoy your day and stay safe all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cold, grey, windy and drizzling here again. Heavier rain forecast for later. I've been to collect a newspaper for my husband. Next job making marmalade and maybe some lemon curd. We're in tier 2 here not that it makes any difference to us really which tier we are in at the moment.

Comment

• Good evening, have been busy working on my raised bed, I am making the frame with 3X2 slabs not sure whither they have got heavier due to all the rain that they have been exposed to recently ​​​​perhaps I should have let them dry out a bit I just can't move them the way I used to at one time I could lift them simply by clutching them nowadays I have to get a grip of them by the sides which put a lot more pressure on my shoulders, however almost finished, but decided to call it a day put all my tools away headed in the house and was having a wash when the heavens opened, now waiting for my tea, wonder if I should tell OH to get a move on no perhaps not having a wee bit patience leads to a quieter life, that was lucky teas ready, have a good evening, keep safe and smile
        Last edited by rary; 24-10-2020, 04:35 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Cood evening all.
          In spite of the dull start to the day it didnt rain.
          Emptied three large containers of bedding plants and planted them up with daffodils.
          The garden is still bright with dahlias still in bloom.
          Have a good evening akl.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Very strong winds here for the past few hours. I guess I’ll be cooking windfalls tomorrow
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening it’s been wet and windy here all day no flooding just plenty of standing water. Not a good day to be out and about.
              Take care.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all, a mostly dry day, but little done, cut up a wheel barrow full of wood for the fire and that was about it, old pallets and some small logs, mixed with some coal stuff(it's nuggets rather than lumps of coal, less smoke) that should last a couple of days or more, still plenty to chop up.

Comment

• Clocks!!!! .....remember clocks,,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Clocks!!!! .....remember clocks,,,,,
                    Ignore clocks!!! Let's all ignore clocks and pretend we're still in Summertime! (Might have to shut eyes and ears of course). Just turn the thermostat up!

Comment

• Morning all. My body clock got me up at the usual time. shame it was really 4am!
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

And yes...Hibou’s body clock woke me up too

At least it sounds like the high winds have stopped

No idea what I’ll be up to today yet-apart from doing the windfalls.

What gets you up so early on a daily basis MH...is it work?

Comment

• Just realised - I’ve just moved back to British Summer Time...yippee, sounds so much nicer !

Comment

• Morning looks like being mostly dry here today, I've got lots of leaves to rake up and i'm going to check the JA's looking forward to them coming back in season..
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. I
                              might try and sneak in a couple of hours brown trout fishing toady as the season where I fish for them finishes the end of October.
                              I'll just have to se how OH is feeling first tho.
                              I'm actually looking forward to a Hospital appointment for a kidney scan tomorrow as its been put back three months running already because of Coronavirus.
                              Take care folks.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good Morning All You can't put your body clock back can you? I've been reading in bed for a couple of hours which has resulted in backache! Bright at the moment. Pan going on in a bit. Have a lovely Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X