Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, isn't life a learning curve, after my tea this evening I was out at my car when a neighbour came by having been out for a jog (personal I would wait for a bus) we had a conversation about keeping fit and she mentioned having a cold shower every morning which she assured me is good for your immune system, my OH has been telling my for years to go and take a cold shower, I didn't realise that she was looking after my health and not just hunting me away

​​​
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Been having a look on line,they called{,nose bridge wires],the one i took out of the common ones is only a thin bit of the stuff thats ties things together,but seems like better ones to buy,so will have a better look tomoz,the strongest ones so far look to be with a sticky iron on side,if wanted,aluminum,rust proof ext,oh dear looks like am in for a late night again ,just seen the time.
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 18-10-2020, 10:00 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• The wonderful thing about today was I actually got to go to the allotment after a week and a half. Not much to pick really and a million more weeds but I enjoyed the fresh air and peace. Tomorrow is forecast to be dry so I'm hoping to get some work done there.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and cold. Hi Ho! Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Frost here again this morning. Due to be windy as well today, but still at the moment. Weather forecast says change coming soon. Temps due to rise, rain on the way. Quite a lot... Will believe it when I see it.

Absolutely masses of work to get through today. Better step on it.

Anyone after those metal nose wire thingies, have a look here. Once you've got the hang of the terms people use, I bet you can find your own online:
            https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/metal_strips
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/Florvine-Br.../dp/B087LV7BY3
            https://plushaddict.co.uk/flexible-plastic-coated-metal-nose-strips-for-face-masks-pack-of-10.html

Have a great day, everyone. Glad you had a good one yesterday, greenishfing.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 19-10-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• Morning
              Thanks for posting those sites Snoop i prefer cloth face coverings they do feel more comfortable to wear, one of the main problem with those disposable ones they do seem to get discarded on foot paths or in the gutter.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 19-10-2020, 08:01 AM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Rain just starting here and it's down for the day.
                I think I might make my bramble jelly today,
                Lots of blackberries in the freezer and I could do with the space.
                Have a good day all snd stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, damp out there but not too cold, fed the birds and made up the fire ready for later, might go for a walk later, stay safe all.

Comment

• Morning,now that's not a word i have used for a bit ho hum,nice and sunny here,snoop looked at then sites,1 of them have a 1 of offer of 100 for £9,have to fined em again and order some,right must go hit the shop for supplies,and try my new one out,M with Bren,i just cannot breath in them blue things,i did try a bit of one inside my filter pocket,but was awful,the nose thing however is the only way to help stop the glasses steaming up,have a good day,look in later .
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I don’t like the way threads are shut so quickly that I can’t reply to something i was quoted in. If you can sense they’re being argumentative without anything of value to say,why not delete what they say instead of closing the topic where I can’t reply. I’m talking about the seeds from the EU post. Kevin just posted that I was talking mince,why not remove his criticism of me,if you’re not going to let me reply. He had nothing to say on the topic just criticising what I said which is what trolls do. I suppose shutting the thread did shut him up,it’s sad there’s people like that,at a time like this.

Comment

• Afternoon,have just ordered some plus elastic,
                        you have to sign in to etsy,then scrole down/around until you find the seller of your choice,i have gone with wedding decoruk,
                        the ali nose strips are 85mm,i got 100 for 5.95
                        the elastic is the 3mm round soft one that graces the NHS ones,i gone for 50 mt 5.44,
                        they are a london based company,with free postage,it says will sent out tomoz,i much prefer my fabric mask,hardly any steam up,and could breath a lot easier,you watch this space,as soon as i get set up,maybe a home buyer will come,bring it on,

Comment

• Good evening weather back to normal it has been raining heavily all day, so no garden work done, OH wanted to go for some things for a shoe box appeal, so we went reasonably early before the shops were too busy and the shop was quiet, due I think to it being the last day of the school holidays, once she got what she wanted we went to a GC for a bite to eat then back home, was out at the hut when OH shouted me in as there was some water coming in through the conservatory ceiling, got it sorted using one of her cloth line stretchers, some leaves had blocked the gutter which caused it to overflow, so now have a job for the future to ensure the front is a bit lower, then to add insult to injury the water was flooding at the front door, caused by blocking a drain to avoid muck getting into it when I cleaned the patio, and yes you are right I didn't tell OH what caused it, I just took the brownie points for getting the water shifted​​​​​​, now going to look into installing a tiled roof onto the conservatory, so enjoy your evening, keep safe and smile, even if no one can see it it will help you
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening its been sunny with a cool wind so the laundry soon dried on the line, I spent some time in the garden just general weeding and tidying up the beds.
                            I did put BF&B around my sprouts hoping to get them to grow for our special December dinner. they're still only peas sized

Bramble I always seem to have more blackberries in the freezer than I need I keep meaning to juice and freeze some in ice cube trays like Nicos suggested.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night all.
                              Well, 14 pots of bramble jelly made.
                              Bren, I might do that as its time consuming making the jelly.
                              Still more in the freezer..

Rary our weather was just like yours and the rain is still falling.

Hope everybody has a good night.

Ireland has just been out under lockdown for the next 6 weeks so may be looking for something to do to pass the time.
                              Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dark and wet. First of us all I think Bramble Hi ho to the Germ Factory today and tomorrow. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X