Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all, been a dry and at times sunny day, went out with the camera, but everywhere was too busy, so soon went home again and mucked about in the greenhouse, down to just one Butternut Squash in there now, but the leaves have been nipped by the frost, so won't last much longer. I disconnected the auto vents so it's nice and warm in there in the day time, flowers in pots are all in flower again lol.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Pan's on. Have a lovely Sunday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, Enjoy your breakfast Flo we've had bacon, eggs, mushroom on a sourdough oatcake.

I'm just about to go into the see what toms have ripened, most seem to be dropping of before they reach that stage so i'm keeping any eye on them.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Frost on the roofs now and was probably frost on the grass earlier before my lie in. Still hoping to get to the plot later once I get the dinner out of the way.
          Nicos my pear tree with a single pear is also a Conference. Lovely plump pear, but so it should be as its the only one!!!

TTFN
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright, blue, no wind and no frost. The latter I only think because I had another late start to the day.

Spotted an Asian hornet on our fig tree yesterday. A lone one, I think, probably looking for somewhere to spend the winter. Nothing I could do: I wasn't suitably armed and it was sitting on a leaf and would have got away. Fingers crossed for an extremely hard winter.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Good morning all. The elderly relative is eventually back in her home (not sure if it's wise but that's another story). I might even get to the allotment today with any luck. It's a bit grey and cold so far. Stay safe everyone and look after yourselves.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Another bright morning but it's just 8 degs.
                No plans for the day so will take it as it comes.
                Take care and stay safe all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning again dull but dry, just waiting to tune into the church service, as there are still sever restrictions on numbers and actions for an actual church service, no singing which isn't really a problem for me but I would find it difficult when you can't say the Lords prayer out loud, after that I will be out in the garden again, I rely need to put some effort into getting the ground cleared and prepared for my new raised bed, so enjoy your day, with those with problems I do hope everything comes out well for you, so stay safe and smile
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all,a big wave to everyone,we had 1 viewing last week,and no feed back what so ever,despite me ringing agent,they left a message and still zilch,they did remark on how nice the garden was,and the size,more times than not when you ring the agent,a message says leave us a message ,how helpful is that eh,the contract will be up in just over 2 weeks,so,i will be,sing along with me,reviewing the situation lalalalalla,maybe another agent and get more info,they said would show peeps round,but i had to do it,bother was,as they were at the door MR was in a situation,i shut the door on him and made excuse to the viewers,they wondered what the hek was going on LD in a panic,they barely looked in the rooms,you could tell they were not interested,meantime,1 we want is still there,only 1 other body has offered very low,nowhere near ours,i am totally frustratated,stay safe all .
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all, dull and not overly warm, but a socially distanced walk with friends down to the beach and back was just the ticket, cuppie by the fire now with feet up.

Comment

• Good afternoon, have been out in the garden most of the day, filled 2 builders rubble bags with soil, still one more to go but need to take a rest as it's been heavy going, think I would have had it finished if it hadn't been for the tree roots that have filled the bed, I also lifted a couple of sleepers which I will be using as retainers for the tinsheets I will be using for the raised bed sides, hopefully I will get the last of the soil removed tomorrow then get the new bed set up soon, then maybe not as it is now starting to rain I think I will now go and pour a glass of wine To go with my tea which I hope will be ready soon as I am starving, LD hope things move for you shortly, we have just heard that there has been an acceptable offer made for our granddaughters flat which she had up for sail for a while, which is nice to hear, so hopefully you have good news soon, well enjoy you night and keep safe
                        ​​​​
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.
                          Cooked a Brisket joint for dinner but decided to have a cottage pie with added cheese instead. Probably hot beef sarnies for supper.
                          TTFN
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all!
                            Cant find my long post from this morning!
                            ah well...

LD...your house will sell...just hang on in there and follow your instincts re the estate agent.

Snoop - we generally have loads of hornets during ‘pear drop’ but have had an amazingly few this year . Particularly the Asian ones.
                            Last year they were 3:4 ratio Asian to European ones,
                            This year the fallen Perry pears in the field behind our hardly had any.
                            They are funny to watch when drunk...flying straight into things...not being able to take off
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• HAHAHA,thanks for the laugh,drunken hornets,have had a lovely sleep since my last post,why did i not feel so good this morning ,been doing the odd face mask,have took the bendy strip out of one,and put in a cloth one,seems ok,when it's on,i cannot blow out a flame,that is the best test if they work,and come from a NHS worker,so that is good,have made the centre of the semi circle centre bit,a bit more pronounced,so i have better breathing room,and can even lick my lips,will give it a wiz when i shops tomoz,am sure the nose bridge bendy strip can be got of line,but what the hek is it called,hope all are well,and all the best to those with people that need care,sweet dreams .
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                                HAHAHA,thanks for the laugh,drunken hornets,have had a lovely sleep since my last post,why did i not feel so good this morning ,been doing the odd face mask,have took the bendy strip out of one,and put in a cloth one,seems ok,when it's on,i cannot blow out a flame,that is the best test if they work,and come from a NHS worker,so that is good,have made the centre of the semi circle centre bit,a bit more pronounced,so i have better breathing room,and can even lick my lips,will give it a wiz when i shops tomoz,am sure the nose bridge bendy strip can be got of line,but what the hek is it called,hope all are well,and all the best to those with people that need care,sweet dreams .
                                If you find out what the bendy strip is called/ where you can get it from please tell me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X